Jana Millers Obituary

rdy2shop
rdy2shop Member Posts: 37
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I have been emailing Jana for several months now, ever since her surgery around summer time. I spoke to her husband after she had her surgery, but that was the last time. I've been very worried about her since I hadn't heard from her. Today, I decided to look on this web site to see if she had posted anything about herself. Needless to say, I was shocked and very saddened to see her obituary posted. Although we never met, we both lived outside of Houston. My husband also went to MD Anderson. Our treatment days always seem to just miss each other. We had planned to meet each other face to face if treatments would have been on the same day. We emailed on numerous occasions. She was a very brave and upbeat person. Sometimes we all need a break from the day to day worry of this awful disease. So when I didn't hear from her, I thought maybe that was what she was doing. Words can't even describe how I feel right now. Did anyone get to talk to her during her last months? I use to post on this website regularly several years ago. I have spoken to alot of you....Emily, Lisa Rose and Scouty. If any of you know anything that you would like to share about Jana, I would appreciate it. Also, I didn't get her new address when she moved, if you could email me with it, I'd like to send a card to her husband. My personal email address is elaineschulze@sbcglobal.net. Thanks

Comments

• changing2
    changing2 Member Posts: 118
    Sorry
    Sorry no information for you but miss her as well. Praying you'll heal too.
  • Kanort
    Kanort Member Posts: 1,272 Member
    Jana!
    Hi Elaine,

Yes, Jana's passing has been a loss to us all. Tonight after work I will try and find a current address for you.

Hugs,

Kay
  • shmurciakova
    shmurciakova Member Posts: 906 Member
    I hadn't heard...
    Wow, I have been checking this board periodically, but I was gone for 2 months between mid September and November...Somehow I missed the post that Jana had passed away. I also spoke to her from time to time. She and I were almost the exact same age, had our lung mets at the same time, a little over 4 years ago, and we both had resections around the same time. We were both treated at MD Anderson.... This brings up a whole range of emotions, especially "survivor guilt" and goes to show the randomness of this disease, why does one person do well and another doesn't? I always had a hard time reading about Jana because we had similar cases (although no two are exactly the same), and she took a turn for the worse. It scared me, but I always thought of her and wondered how she was doing. Having been on this forum for almost 7 years I have unfortunately seen quite a few people leave us.
    This one is particularly saddening. My heart goes out to her husband and her family. She will be missed....
    -Susan H.