Not the sharpest tool

Options
Joycelouise
Joycelouise Member Posts: 482
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Okay, I give up. This is regarding editing the preferences for this site on my personal info page. I have tried every different configuration of settings and I am still getting email notifications of every post on the site. I check the site daily and would rather not also have, say, 25 messages a day about new posts in my email box. And now I have messed with it so much I don't get notified on my CSN screen of when I have a personal CSN mail. What does "check here to autosubscribe to any post you initiate" mean? I have both checked and unchecked this box and nothing changes. Do all of you also get all the notifications for each post? Is anyone else suffering through this or have all of you figured it out? Signed, Hopeless... or, Stuck in the last century...or, Not Ready for Facebook Yet...

Comments

• Eil4186
    Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
    Options
    I have the same problem
    I have the same problem Joyce. The zillions of notifications on my e-mail everyday are super annoying. And esp. since its my work e-mail. I wish I could stop them but haven't a clue how....
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Options
    Joyce, I only get
    Joyce, I only get notification when someone replies to my post but I haven't edited anything either. Must be a glitch in the system and a job for Super Dana to look into. Chin up dear, I'm sure a lot of people are experiencing the same thing and it will be resolved shortly.
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    I think it means that if you start a new thread, every time someone else posts a comment to that thread, you will get an e-mail.

I didn't change my preferences, but did 'subscribe' to one of my first threads...and that is exactly what happened...every time someone posted to my thread, I got an e-mail. Best to leave this un-checked, I think.

Hugs, Kathi
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    duh, I don't know anything
    I only get the CSN newsletter at my home email. Didn't check anything special. When they converted this site only two boxes are checked (I didn't check them) to let me receive private emails and the aggressive notification. Haven't received any private emails here so don't know what that means (I wonder if it really works). Don't know what aggressive notification is either (sounds like something I should uncheck because it could be a nuisance)! Sorry I'm no help at all.
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    KathiM said:

I think it means that if you start a new thread, every time someone else posts a comment to that thread, you will get an e-mail.

I didn't change my preferences, but did 'subscribe' to one of my first threads...and that is exactly what happened...every time someone posted to my thread, I got an e-mail. Best to leave this un-checked, I think.

Hugs, Kathi

thanks
    thanks for testing the private email for me. It does work! Pretty cool. I got a green box at the top that said I had a private message. That must be the aggressive part.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Going Postal Anyone?????
    I too subscribed to get notification when my thread had been answered. I would like to UNSUBSCRIBE to that feature. I do like the Green Banner saying I have a private message, but you what I really miss? I used to get notification in my Yahoo email that I had a private message in my CSN mailbox. I am not on CSN 24/7 ( imagine that!) and I liked being able to just go from my Yahoo mail to CSN because I knew I had mail waiting there. Now I have to log on just in case someone wrote to me~ I am not crazy about doing that. If I only happen to go to CSN 2 or 3 times a week, I may miss out on mail someone sent to me. Again, doncha just LOVE "new and improved"???

Sigh.....

Hugs,
    Claudia