pet scan today

Options
angelsbaby
angelsbaby Member Posts: 1,165 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
My husband is going in today for a pet scan. it has been 3 months with new chemo . he was dx in nov 07 stage 3, chemo stopped in may 6 months completed in july pet scan showed mets to the kidney liver stomach and new tumor in sigmoid area so chemo started again now we will see if this new chemo has helped with the cancer. monday the doctors office called and said he would need to take iron pills he is anemic, i hope there is no bleeding in the colon won't no whats up until we see the doc on nov 25th the waitng is horrible. this weekend was bad for my husband had long chemo was very sick throwing up weak we have meds for nausea but don't help much he is getting tired of being sick all the time I do my best to make him comfortable but it dosn't seem like i am doing enough. I hope and pray that the pet scan will show shrinkage of all the cancer in him. i just got finished posting my favorate picture of my husband and I, I surprised my self by doing it not that smart with the computers but I did it

well take care all i will keep you updated

michelle

Comments

• KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    Sadly, it's part of the process....
    Waiting is the WORST! And I told people, after my rectal cancer was treated, as I was starting my breast cancer treatment...."I am so weary". No drugs ever helped with my nausea, on either cancer, but ginger, both ginger ale and candied ginger did. I also ate small bits of whatever sounded good....scalloped potatoes were one of the best.

I LOVE the picture! What kind of a bike were you riding there?

Hugs, Kathi
  • angelsbaby
    angelsbaby Member Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    KathiM said:

Sadly, it's part of the process....
    Waiting is the WORST! And I told people, after my rectal cancer was treated, as I was starting my breast cancer treatment...."I am so weary". No drugs ever helped with my nausea, on either cancer, but ginger, both ginger ale and candied ginger did. I also ate small bits of whatever sounded good....scalloped potatoes were one of the best.

I LOVE the picture! What kind of a bike were you riding there?

Hugs, Kathi

harley davidson road king 07
    Thanks Kathi. That picture was taken last jan 2 months after colon surgery we were at the hide away in cave creek az its a biker hang bar and grill. i will tell my husband about the ginger. he just loves to ride even when he dosn't feel good he rides and i love to ride with him. his brother lives close to us and he has a harley too so we all go riding the weather in phoenix has been wonderful, no jacket needed yet.

take care

michelle
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Waiting stinks
    I'm sorry you have to endure what must be a painful wait for answers. I hope things turn out to so hopeful!

Like your picture!

*Hugs*
    Gail
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options

harley davidson road king 07
    Thanks Kathi. That picture was taken last jan 2 months after colon surgery we were at the hide away in cave creek az its a biker hang bar and grill. i will tell my husband about the ginger. he just loves to ride even when he dosn't feel good he rides and i love to ride with him. his brother lives close to us and he has a harley too so we all go riding the weather in phoenix has been wonderful, no jacket needed yet.

take care

michelle

I'm a Sun Devil.....
    Graduated from ASU in 1977....LOVE Phoenix/Scottsdale/Tempe! Also Northern Arizona, Oak Creek canyon and Sedona...BEAUTIFUL this time of year!

We never did big bikes, but went trail riding alot back then...I'm very familiar with Cave Creek!

As far as the weather, at least while I was there, there was about 1 hour of Fall, and 2 hours of Winter...do they still put up the Santas in shorts decorations on the streets in Phoenix?

Hugs, Kathi