Results of CTScan

Options
sylva
sylva Member Posts: 80
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I went to the oncologist for the 3 months check up, and I was having a pain close to the ribs, on and off, so he ordered a CTSCan. He called me and said that something is under the arm, the side I had the mastectomy, that needs an U/S, something shows in the uterus and sth small in the lung. And I am very nervous now, finished with the chemo at the end of June, diagnosed in March/08, and now... what to expect? I know I need to cool down, and don't get so crazy over this... Took the morning off from work, did yoga, try to get again into the positive side. Hugs

Comments

• TammyLouBob
    TammyLouBob Member Posts: 16
    Options
    Sounds Serious
    I've had a number of "scares" myself...it can be very anxiety provoking.

This could be "anything" or "nothing."

I hope that the doctor can get to the bottom of this very soon.

Tammy Lou
  • artizan
    artizan Member Posts: 59
    Options
    Taking one moment at a time...
    I am glad that you are using yoga as a tool. Relaxation and getting ones self centered are important. I am sorry that you are experiencing more issues. Dealing with the unknown and the "what next" can really make us crazy. I read the book, "A New Earth", by Eckhart Tolle when Oprah had it in her book club. He also has a book called the "Power of Now" which I have not read. In his books he stresses the idea that nothing exists but this moment. The past is gone and the future has not happened yet. It helped me to realize that I need to live this moment and focus on what I am doing right now. It helps me to disconnect a little bit from being that fearful scared person I am when facing medical issuses. Breathe!!! Hugs!!!
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    Hi Sylvana, hopefully it
    Hi Sylvana, hopefully it won't be anything serious. I'll keep you in my prayers. Try not to worry and know that we are here for you. Hugs, Lili
  • kit45
    kit45 Member Posts: 89
    Options

Hi Sylvana, hopefully it
    Hi Sylvana, hopefully it won't be anything serious. I'll keep you in my prayers. Try not to worry and know that we are here for you. Hugs, Lili

Hugs to you
    My prayers are with you Sylva. Doc's need to check everything. Love. Kit
  • cabbott
    cabbott Member Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Hugs your way
    I hope it turns out to be nothing, but either way know that I'm praying for you. Keep us posted.

C. Abbott
  • kevindee
    kevindee Member Posts: 72
    Options
    sylva im sorry to hear all
    sylva im sorry to hear all this god be with you. i also finished my chemo june 30th. and have had pain in my left side right under my rib cage. i had a pet scan in june. it was ok. also had my masc in mar. 2008. what stage were you sylva? i was stage 3 6or8 node pos. i seen my dr the other day he said dont worry. my goodness should i insist on another scan. i really do pray everything is ok with you. big hug deedee
  • sylva
    sylva Member Posts: 80
    Options
    kevindee said:

sylva im sorry to hear all
    sylva im sorry to hear all this god be with you. i also finished my chemo june 30th. and have had pain in my left side right under my rib cage. i had a pet scan in june. it was ok. also had my masc in mar. 2008. what stage were you sylva? i was stage 3 6or8 node pos. i seen my dr the other day he said dont worry. my goodness should i insist on another scan. i really do pray everything is ok with you. big hug deedee

Well, it seems we've started
    Well, it seems we've started "the fun" at the same time!!! I'm still waiting for the results. After the CT I had an ultrasound, it looks almost sure that is the scar tissue, but to be completely sure they sent me for an MRI, under the arm, the side of the mastectomy.
    I was stage 2 grade 2A, they removed 18 nodes, and they were all negative.
    Thank you for your prayers, you know I've been praying for you too. ALL IS WELL!!!
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    sylva said:

Well, it seems we've started "the fun" at the same time!!! I'm still waiting for the results. After the CT I had an ultrasound, it looks almost sure that is the scar tissue, but to be completely sure they sent me for an MRI, under the arm, the side of the mastectomy.
    Thank you for your prayers, you know I've been praying for you too. ALL IS WELL!!!

Syl: Glad everything sounds
    Syl: Glad everything sounds like it might be good. Sometimes, scar tissue can be very dense and cause to have abnormal readings. Keep us posted. Hugs, Lili
  • Eil4186
    Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
    Options
    sylva said:

Wheww
    Sylvana, I am so glad that it looks like scar tissue. I will keep you in my prayers that everything will ultimately be ok. Eil
  • pberge3947
    pberge3947 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    sylva said:

Scar Tissue
    Hello Sylva,
    I'm new to this site and wanted to share my experience. I had Breast Cancer 12 years ago and have been cancer free since Thank God. I have had my share of scares. In July of 2008 I was helping to lift my mother and pulled a muscle in my chest (pectoral muscle). Went to my doctor and he did an MRI to see if I tore the muscle, but found a mass under my arm where I had the cancer. I had 9 nodes removed but only 1 was infected. No mastectomy. Chemo and Radiation. Well, he sent me for a Pet scan and it was hot where they saw the mass under my arm, so they removed it. It was benign scar tissue. Then March 2009 I was having pain again so they did another pet scan and the mass came back under my arm twice the size and it was hot. My doctors felt it was the same scar tissue because this type grows back, but to be safe my doctor removed it, and again it was scar tissue, both time benign. He said this type of scar tissue has large benign cells that always show up on a pet scan. Well, I went back last week because my arm (I have lympedema) was more swollen than usual so they did a doppler to make sure I didn't have blood clot, and behold, no blood clot, but another mass bigger than the second one that was removed. Another Pet Scan last week showed it was hot again and larger. My oncology doctor says he does not think it's cancer, he thinks its the same scar tissue but I have to see my surgeon next week. He said this is an aggresive scar tissue that grows back fast and bigger each time they do surgery, but they haven't been able to get it all because it's attached to the main artery in my arm. He said as aggresive as it is, if it was cancer, it would be showing up in other parts of my body, which it isn't Thank God. All three times it's only shown hot in the same place. I just hope they can figure out how to stop it from growing. I'm hoping my doc is right and it's just scar tissue again. Of course I won't feel great until they take it out again and biopsy it, but I can't keep going for surgery every 8 months. Has anyone else out there ever heard of this happening?
    Thank you for listening,
    Anne
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options

Scar Tissue
    Hello Sylva,
    I'm new to this site and wanted to share my experience. I had Breast Cancer 12 years ago and have been cancer free since Thank God. I have had my share of scares. In July of 2008 I was helping to lift my mother and pulled a muscle in my chest (pectoral muscle). Went to my doctor and he did an MRI to see if I tore the muscle, but found a mass under my arm where I had the cancer. I had 9 nodes removed but only 1 was infected. No mastectomy. Chemo and Radiation. Well, he sent me for a Pet scan and it was hot where they saw the mass under my arm, so they removed it. It was benign scar tissue. Then March 2009 I was having pain again so they did another pet scan and the mass came back under my arm twice the size and it was hot. My doctors felt it was the same scar tissue because this type grows back, but to be safe my doctor removed it, and again it was scar tissue, both time benign. He said this type of scar tissue has large benign cells that always show up on a pet scan. Well, I went back last week because my arm (I have lympedema) was more swollen than usual so they did a doppler to make sure I didn't have blood clot, and behold, no blood clot, but another mass bigger than the second one that was removed. Another Pet Scan last week showed it was hot again and larger. My oncology doctor says he does not think it's cancer, he thinks its the same scar tissue but I have to see my surgeon next week. He said this is an aggresive scar tissue that grows back fast and bigger each time they do surgery, but they haven't been able to get it all because it's attached to the main artery in my arm. He said as aggresive as it is, if it was cancer, it would be showing up in other parts of my body, which it isn't Thank God. All three times it's only shown hot in the same place. I just hope they can figure out how to stop it from growing. I'm hoping my doc is right and it's just scar tissue again. Of course I won't feel great until they take it out again and biopsy it, but I can't keep going for surgery every 8 months. Has anyone else out there ever heard of this happening?
    Thank you for listening,
    Anne

Welcome, Anne
    I'm sorry you are going through these continuous surgeries for scar tissue. I have not had that experience, but it must be very frustrating. Congrats on being a long-term survivor! If you would like, please start a post introducing yourself. There are many wonderful women here who would love to welcome you.

Mimi

PS. The post you replied to is over a year old, so you might not get a response. It's easy to dig up old posts and not notice the date. We've all done it. In fact, once in a while we'll see one from 7,8,9 years ago on the front page!