I may have already posted this but 125ca #'s up!!!

Options
hward2007
hward2007 Member Posts: 62
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I went to see my ob-onco, I was nervious but after revewing my histor and curret CA125 numbers the only option she could offer was a complete Hestorectomy, with removeral of overies and falopion tubes.
Iam very nervous not sure what to expect after surgery, I cant take hormones, I just finished AC-T with a bilateral mastorectomy, I had a stage 3 tumomer in my right brest with stage 1 in my left breast, 3wks ago I had my expanders taken out and sicilocon implants put in and still havent had tatoo or nipple flaps done. Also Im 34 with a 22mth old going through a divorce, husband couldnt take cancer diagnoses or treatment.
Any advice on what to expect, menopause and such, my nieboor had one and she is suffering from painfull side effects and hormone problems and hers was done 4mths ago, she did have endromethioes,sp* removed and nerve damage.
Thanks,
Heather

Comments

• ohilly
    ohilly Member Posts: 441
    Options
    not so bad
    I had a complete hysterectomy in 2001 for fibroids (this was longer before being diagnosed with breast cancer). It wasn't that bad, and I'm really glad I did it because I have since found out I have the BRCA 1 gene, which means you can get ovarian cancer as well as breast cancer. It also lowers your risk of getting breast cancer if you have a hysterectomy.

After my hysterectomy, I had virtually no bad effects. I feel fine. I say: go for it! Ohilly
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    Hi Heather: So glad to see
    Hi Heather: So glad to see you back posting. First let me state that your little girl looks beautiful and I can't believe how much she's grown. God Bless. I haven't had my ovaries or fallopian tubes removed but going through chemo made me go into menopause overnight. I am also on Tamoxifen for the next 5 years which causes other problems. I have experienced hot flashes sometimes a little on the extreme whereby I am drenched and the operative word here is DRENCHED in sweat. The symptoms were worse in the beginning and it happened more often and now I don't have flashes as often.

I know it will be hard for you but you need to realize that if having the hysterectomy improves your chances of living longer than go for it. You have that precious little girl to live a long life for. When I did my reconstruction, I did the tram flap which means you are cut from hip to hip. I will not lie to you and say it was easy. The first 2 weeks were rough but it got easier after that. Did the ob say if you could qualify for a laproscopic procedure or do they have to cut you open? It's a hard decision, but it will improve your chances. Wishing you all the best, Hugs, Lili
  • Joycelouise
    Joycelouise Member Posts: 482
    Options
    This reply is going to be
    This reply is going to be not very helpful, because I haven't had a histerectomy (sp). But I wanted to say when I got my DX, had my mas. went into chemo menopause, knew I would be taking tamoxifin I felt like I was swapping in my female card. I was sure that scary things would happen to my sexuality not to mention my looks. Well, they didn't. I am still me. I still strut my stuff (though I only have half a deck!)and I still feel feminine. What I want to say is that I think all these things sound scarier and more damaging than they are. One of my friends, who is no slouch, had a hist. years ago and she is still very beautiful (and a little too active for her own good!). My yoga teacher who is gorgeous casually mentioned she had a hist. a long time ago. I am just typing all the good stories I can so that maybe they can counteract some of the scary images that we can so easily dream up. Courage, darling, and one day at a time. Don't worry, you'll always be Heather the nut! Oh, and I did get hot flashes but they are almost completely gone now. Meanwhile another friend who was naturally menopausal is still going through year two of hers. I wish you ease, hope, health and beauty. Love, Joyce
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    HYSTERECTOMY WOES
    Hello Heather,

Oh my what a beautiful little girl you have, you must be so proud! In response to your concerns let me say that it is scary ground, but I am so glad I had it done. I put it off for 4 years, then I lost my mom to ovarian cancer after she had fought breast cancer twice. That was enough for me. I was obviously quite sore for several weeks, the menopause problems were much less than I had anticipated! At first I cried easily, I would even cry at emotional commericals. The emotions settled down after about 3 months, I also had the problems with hot flashes so I had a lot of fans going and I would apply ice packs to cool me down. Since I too have had breast cancer hormones are not an option for me. As far as your femininity goes that did not change for me either. I am still just as girlish as I ever was and have truly not felt any change to who I truly am.

Wishing you well,

RE
  • hward2007
    hward2007 Member Posts: 62
    Options
    Thank's for the comment, I did it
    I had the surgery this past Wednesday it's been emotional hard, crying a lot feelings of emptyness but I love that little girl God gave me and it only made since to be here for her give the aggression an type of cancer that runs in my family, I dread the menapause sp* hope my family survies, I lost my husband or he kick me and my baby out when this came up, but if my lawery doesn't get him God will handle the rest and yes Iam pissed. But beautiful at the same time.

Thanks,
    Heather
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    hward2007 said:

I had the surgery this past Wednesday it's been emotional hard, crying a lot feelings of emptyness but I love that little girl God gave me and it only made since to be here for her give the aggression an type of cancer that runs in my family, I dread the menapause sp* hope my family survies, I lost my husband or he kick me and my baby out when this came up, but if my lawery doesn't get him God will handle the rest and yes Iam pissed. But beautiful at the same time.

Thanks,
    Heather

((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))
    Hi Heather~ I have been thinking of you, and I am happy you posted. Bless your heart~ your daughter is beautiful! I wish you a speedy recovery from surgery, and that you and your darling baby will spend many , many, happy healthy years together.

Keep coming in here when you can~ we love you, sister!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    hward2007 said:

Thanks,
    Heather

Heather, I am sooo glad you
    Heather, I am sooo glad you posted, you've been on my mind. Sometimes, there are things that are inevitable, but, you are giving yourself a chance to live longer for that beautiful little girl of yours. And, like you said, God will take care of him. You are beautiful Heather. Hugs, Lili
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Options
    Heather, I'm sorry but I
    Heather, I'm sorry but I haven't experienced all that you're going through. It seems like you're in the middle of the perfect storm, but I have a feeling that beautiful little girl will help you get through it all. The sun is shining on the other side and you will get there and be better than ever. I send you lots of hugs and warm wishes
    jan