Not liking this...

Options
CR1954
CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I had my first Abraxane infusion three days ago. The onc warned me that I could have some aching, which may or may not be rather severe.
Well, I am not aching, but rather, I have shooting pain everywhere from my shoulders to my toes. It's constant. The only time I don't hurt is if I manage to fall asleep for awhile.
Ibuprofen doesn't help, nor does Lortab.
Has anyone else experienced just pure pain all over, instead of aching? And if so, does it ease/go away in a short period of time? Should I call and ask for something stronger?

Thanks for any info...

CR

Comments

• mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    Sorry CR, I didn't take
    Sorry CR, I didn't take Abraxane so I can't help you there but I will keep you in my prayers. Call the nurses ot the pharmacist and see what they say about side effects. Love, Lili
  • TammyLouBob
    TammyLouBob Member Posts: 16
    Options
    Try Claritin
    I know that sounds insane, but it could be related to the neulasta...if you are taking cell boosters.

I agree...you need to call the nurse...you should not be hurting like this...maybe they can help.

Tammy Lou
  • artizan
    artizan Member Posts: 59
    Options
    Make the call
    Call the onco nurses! Never hesitate to call them when you are in pain or in doubt about anything you are experiencing!
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I called...
    I did call the onc, as the pains got quite severe and I was simply miserable.
    He ordered steroids for me to take over 4 days. I was skeptical, but I must say, the pain has eased dramatically.
    He said that it is, in fact, being caused by the Abraxane, and he wants me to take a 4 day course of steroids after each of my remaining infusions.
    Which I will gladly do, if it will prevent the pain that I experienced this time.

Thank you to those who responded! I appreciate all of the input!

CR
  • Joycelouise
    Joycelouise Member Posts: 482
    Options
    CR1954 said:

I called...
    I did call the onc, as the pains got quite severe and I was simply miserable.
    He ordered steroids for me to take over 4 days. I was skeptical, but I must say, the pain has eased dramatically.
    He said that it is, in fact, being caused by the Abraxane, and he wants me to take a 4 day course of steroids after each of my remaining infusions.
    Which I will gladly do, if it will prevent the pain that I experienced this time.

Thank you to those who responded! I appreciate all of the input!

CR

I remember the steriods. I
    I remember the steriods. I took a lot of decadron. They have their own side effects. In me it was nervous energy - wired! Our good friend of this board, MGM, called them hampster (sic - love ya, MGM) days, like running on a wheel, getting nowhere. Just thinking of that made me smile my way through them and I hope it helps you too! Glad to hear you are getting some relief. love, JOyce