Jadie Member Posts: 723
    Options
    young_one said:

There are three different
    There are three different aromatase inhibitors:

Arimidex = anastrazole

Aromasin = exemestane

Femara = letrozole

As with any meds, everyone reacts differently to all of them. I know several who made the switch to Femara and are very happy to report significantly fewer side effects. Ask your doc about switching to Aromasin or Femara.

Toe Pain
    Well guess what? I had blood work done last week. Got a call today from Onc saying that my vitamin D level was low. They are giving me a perscription vitamin D.

Wonder if the aromatase inhibitors are causing a decrease of vitamin D?
  • cabbott
    cabbott Member Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Jadie said:

Toe Pain
    Well guess what? I had blood work done last week. Got a call today from Onc saying that my vitamin D level was low. They are giving me a perscription vitamin D.

Wonder if the aromatase inhibitors are causing a decrease of vitamin D?

Another angle
    One research topic I have seen wonders if a decrease in vitamin D is responsible for some estrogen positive cancers. I haven't seen a definate answer yet or an understandable reason why. It is known that many cancer survivors are low in vitamin D. Let me know if the prescription vitamin D relieves any of your symptoms.

C. Abbott
  • Jadie
    Jadie Member Posts: 723
    Options
    cabbott said:

Another angle
    One research topic I have seen wonders if a decrease in vitamin D is responsible for some estrogen positive cancers. I haven't seen a definate answer yet or an understandable reason why. It is known that many cancer survivors are low in vitamin D. Let me know if the prescription vitamin D relieves any of your symptoms.

C. Abbott

Vitamin D
    Thank you C Abbott

I was so hoping that you would answer. I will let you know if it helps. Please let me know if you hear more about studies on this. You are so good at putting it in words that I can understand.

Thanks again
    Jadie
  • grandmato3
    grandmato3 Member Posts: 12
    Options
    Different aromatase inhibitor
    Thanks for the suggestion, young_one. Will talk to my doctor about Femara instead of Arimidex.
  • grandmato3
    grandmato3 Member Posts: 12
    Options
    Jadie said:

Vitamin D
    Thank you C Abbott

I was so hoping that you would answer. I will let you know if it helps. Please let me know if you hear more about studies on this. You are so good at putting it in words that I can understand.

Thanks again
    Jadie

Vitamin D
    I don't know anything about the effect of Vitamin D on breast cancer; but I take Vitamin Das a supplement along with calcium for the osteoporosis I got from the Arimidex. It doesn't seem to do anything to lessen the side effects for me. Don't know if it helps protect against the cancer.