CANCER SURVIVOR NO AGE LIMIT

Options
dorothyt
dorothyt Member Posts: 103
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I'M a survivor, I was working two jobs, and just enjoying my life. Than came the breast cancer. I begin this journey in June. I did not have any one to talk to about breast cancer. Than I found this network,and I'm very glad I did . Everyone has given me a lot of support. And I'm thankful. My life will never be the same agian.

Comments

• RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    thankful for you
    Cancer is certainly scary which is why it is so helpful to be able to come in here and gain knowledge and comfort from each other. I am glad you found us as well! My best to you!

RE
  • zahalene
    zahalene Member Posts: 670
    Options
    That's true...
    Your life will never be the same, but that does not mean that you will not enjoy life again. It has been 22 years since I had my first diagnosis. It was a long, hard climb but today I am in a good place and enjoying life as much or more than I ever did before. And a lot has happened to me other than cancer that I would never have signed up for.
    We just never know how strong we are or how resilient until we are forced to become believers in ourselves. I now have a much better idea of who I am and what I can handle if I have to, and that gives me a greater confidence.
    Not everything you learn from this journey will be negative.
  • dorothyt
    Options
    zahalene said:

That's true...
    Your life will never be the same, but that does not mean that you will not enjoy life again. It has been 22 years since I had my first diagnosis. It was a long, hard climb but today I am in a good place and enjoying life as much or more than I ever did before. And a lot has happened to me other than cancer that I would never have signed up for.
    We just never know how strong we are or how resilient until we are forced to become believers in ourselves. I now have a much better idea of who I am and what I can handle if I have to, and that gives me a greater confidence.
    Not everything you learn from this journey will be negative.

I'm so grateful that I do
    I'm so grateful that I do not have to go at this alone , there's always someone here to listen. My family love me I know. Cancer is new to our family. We know of people that had it but they were not in our family. They see that I'm doing find but I see the worry in their eyes. I know I'm going to be alright. I just wish they would stop worrying so much.
  • gemsa
    gemsa Member Posts: 22
    Options
    dorothyt said:

I'm so grateful that I do
    I'm so grateful that I do not have to go at this alone , there's always someone here to listen. My family love me I know. Cancer is new to our family. We know of people that had it but they were not in our family. They see that I'm doing find but I see the worry in their eyes. I know I'm going to be alright. I just wish they would stop worrying so much.

Dorothy,
    I'm glad you have

Dorothy,
    I'm glad you have been able to find the support you need here. Our families are often our greatest supporters, but they will never know what it feels like to be in your shoes. My family was the same, no cancer to speak of. I'm glad I was able to show them that you can get through a cancer diagnosis, treatment, and recovery, and move to the other side of cancer.

They love you and will probably never stop worrying! You'll probably see that worried look in their eyes for a long time. I'm 5 years out and still get the , "How ARE you?" with that scared look in their eyes. I know they just ask because they care.

All the best to you as you make your journey!
  • dorothyt
    Options
    Bless All of you, for taking
    Bless All of you, for taking the time out to reply to my post. I know I will be alright. A very good friend of mind died from cancer and her birhtday is this month. Sometimes you just can't help but think about the ones that did not make it. I'm only human.
  • Ivana21
    Ivana21 Member Posts: 11
    Options
    Hello
    Hello Dorothy,

Remember I am here for You!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I was alone with my son when I was diagnosed 1.6 years ago. Remember that You are strong and You can do anything You believe in. You will have ups and downs but dont let nothing and NOBODY push You down!!!!!!!!!!!! Be around positive people who dont complain, who listen to You!!!

We all love You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ivana
  • dorothyt
    Options
    Thanks Ivana, I love all of
    Thanks Ivana, I love all of you too.
  • Ivana21
    Ivana21 Member Posts: 11
    Options
    dorothyt said:

Thanks Ivana, I love all of
    Thanks Ivana, I love all of you too.

Dorothy,
    If You need to

Dorothy,

If You need to talk, write anything what bothers You, do it, trow this out!!!!!!
    I can give you my e-mail,
    STAY STRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ivana
  • dorothyt
    Options
    Ivana21 said:

Dorothy,
    If You need to

Dorothy,

If You need to talk, write anything what bothers You, do it, trow this out!!!!!!
    I can give you my e-mail,
    STAY STRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ivana

Ivana, I'm alright. There
    Ivana, I'm alright. There is something that I have to deal with that has nothing to do with my health. I know the Lord will fits it. Alicia Keyes have called Super Woman. I'm a SUPER WOMAN and so are all of you. If you can, take time out and listen to this song,If you have not heard it.