Today is the last rads

Options
base61ball
base61ball Member Posts: 125
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Well its here - the final day of radiation. Can't believe it.

Met with the medical oncologist yesterday. She told me I was the first patient she had with the most severe reaction to the taxotere. She had to remove my socks to see my no-toenail toes. One thing she said puzzled me - she said that something was wrong with the way my body metabolized the chemo. Does this make sense to anyone out there?

My little brain is working overtime wondering if that means the chemo didn't work or it worked too well and I'll never get it out of my system.

Thanks for your input. Have a great day. Marlene

Comments

• Irishwhispers
    Irishwhispers Member Posts: 96
    Options
    Yippppppppppeeee
    Marlene!! Oh Happy Day! I am cheering you on with bright HOT PINK POM-POMS!!!! Mission accomplished Hoooooray!!!

As far as her comment of the way your body metabolized the chemo... Sister, I would just get on the phone with her and ask her to "SPLAIN IT" and in terms you understand.. Do not let her words with no explanation make you crazy...

Congratulations again!!

Bunches of hugs!

Trish
  • base61ball
    Options

Yippppppppppeeee
    Marlene!! Oh Happy Day! I am cheering you on with bright HOT PINK POM-POMS!!!! Mission accomplished Hoooooray!!!

As far as her comment of the way your body metabolized the chemo... Sister, I would just get on the phone with her and ask her to "SPLAIN IT" and in terms you understand.. Do not let her words with no explanation make you crazy...

Congratulations again!!

Bunches of hugs!

Trish

Today
    Thanks - hot pink is one of my favorite colors. Had a hot pink Easter coat when I was 10 that blinded everyone in the sunlight.
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    A DAY TO CELEBRATE!
    HAPPY DANCING FOR YOU! What a great achievement, now you can get back to your healthy self!

RE
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    HOORAY!!!!
    Well, yippee-yi-ki-yay!!!! I am soooo happy for you! I agree with Trish~ call and have the RN (or someone) explain what chemo and metabolism means! Either that, or just wait for our sweet and brilliant Cabbott to read your post!!! (((((((((((HUGS)))))))) to you Cabbott!!!

Congrats again on finishing rads~ now keep us posted about when yu first pedicure is!!! :-)

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • Irishwhispers
    Irishwhispers Member Posts: 96
    Options

Today
    Thanks - hot pink is one of my favorite colors. Had a hot pink Easter coat when I was 10 that blinded everyone in the sunlight.

Hands the Hot Pink Pom Poms to you
    Marlene...
    because today is my last treatment!!!!
    I know that it is a big huge step in this journey ... but
    it feels like such a relief to have gotten this far!!!

I am so ready to celebrate!

Oh Happy Days!!!

Hugs
    ~T~
  • base61ball
    Options
    chenheart said:

HOORAY!!!!
    Well, yippee-yi-ki-yay!!!! I am soooo happy for you! I agree with Trish~ call and have the RN (or someone) explain what chemo and metabolism means! Either that, or just wait for our sweet and brilliant Cabbott to read your post!!! (((((((((((HUGS)))))))) to you Cabbott!!!

Congrats again on finishing rads~ now keep us posted about when yu first pedicure is!!! :-)

Hugs,
    Claudia

Question
    Thanks for all of the kind words. I even got a certificate to prove I was done. Going to frame it!!! From what I've been able to find on the web (which isn't a whole lot) its how my body processes everything from nutrition to poisen. So Cabbott where are you? Is this correct? I could ask the nurse but I learn more about stuff from this site. Experience is the best teacher.