Walking the Walk

Options
chenheart
chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Well, so you will FNALLY not have to hear about it any more~ the Santa Barbara Half-Marathon was yesterday!!! The weather was perfect~ drizzly and cool. It hid my sweat/hot flashes wonderfully! HAHAHAHA

My walking partner and I knew our bodies would NEVER let us run 13.1 miles, so we ( and another friend of ours) decided to do the Walk...turns out that 3/4 of the 2,200 participants were walking it anyway, so we were in good company! I still had a "personal best" to conquer, and I hope you will be happy to know that WHOOO-HOOOO~ I did it in 3 hours and 32 minutes! Considering "potty stops" and of course Gatorade breaks, that means I averaged the 1/2 marathon in just over 15 minute per mile. I just know you are proud of me, aren't you?????? My b/f jumped in for the last 3 miles, so he could continue to encourage and accompany me to just before the Finish Line~ he was high-fiving and cheering all the way! He got me a Smoothie with protein boost right after the marathon, then took me home, ran me a jacuzzi bath and gave me 2 Aleve! LOL

Oh...for the record; I chanted ALL of your names as I did the walk So that means you were walking with me! YAY

My walking partner and I are not giving up...tomorrow at 6AM we are heaed to the track~ 5 miles will seem like nothing to us now! I don't think I even need to wake up to do it...

Hugs,
Claudia

Comments

• base61ball
    base61ball Member Posts: 125
    Options
    Marathon
    Wow - congratulations! A major accomplishment.
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    Naps
    Did you say my name during the walk? I wondered why I was so tired that day and took a really long nap! Do you think I lost any weight from the walk? Way to go!!
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    THE WALK
    Congrats my friend, I was thinking about and cheering you on here in Lodi! HIP HIP HOORAY!!

RE
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    I wondered why my legs hurt this morning!!!!
    ....I was walking a marathon!!!!

You are such an inspiration!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • cabbott
    cabbott Member Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    YEAHHHHH!!
    Super job! Great time! I'm proud of you.Race on!

C. Abbott(former race walker. . .)
  • Irishwhispers
    Irishwhispers Member Posts: 96
    Options
    Congrats!!!!
    You are an honor to your peers!!!! and..well you know the rest!(*Smiles*) & I am very impressed with your pace!!

Hope to catch you soon in chat!

Hugsss galore!

Trish
  • ninjamom
    ninjamom Member Posts: 142
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!!!!! You
    Congratulations!!!!!!!! You make us all proud!
  • Joycelouise
    Joycelouise Member Posts: 482
    Options
    Wow, I am really moved to
    Wow, I am really moved to think you said my name during the walk!
    I wish I had been paying closer attention to the fact that it was in Santa Barbara. My sister was probably there cheering her marathon running hubby on. She would have cheered for me for you if I had told her!
    So proud of you...Joyce
  • chenheart
    Options

Wow, I am really moved to
    Wow, I am really moved to think you said my name during the walk!
    I wish I had been paying closer attention to the fact that it was in Santa Barbara. My sister was probably there cheering her marathon running hubby on. She would have cheered for me for you if I had told her!
    So proud of you...Joyce

Marathon
    Nice!!!! What is her hubby's name? I have the online postings, and can look up his name/time!
    So, being as you have family who participate in the SB half marathon, you wanna join me here next year?????? You have a year to ponder it! LOL

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • Joycelouise
    Options
    chenheart said:

Marathon
    Nice!!!! What is her hubby's name? I have the online postings, and can look up his name/time!
    So, being as you have family who participate in the SB half marathon, you wanna join me here next year?????? You have a year to ponder it! LOL

Hugs,
    Claudia

Kent Harris. Put me down
    Kent Harris. Put me down for the other half next year! I not only have a year to ponder it but to come up with some good jokes to tell while we walk. Serious. love, JOyce
  • chenheart
    Options

Kent Harris. Put me down
    Kent Harris. Put me down for the other half next year! I not only have a year to ponder it but to come up with some good jokes to tell while we walk. Serious. love, JOyce

Marathoner, indeed!!!!!
    WOW~ he totally rocks! He came in 32nd, with a time of 1 hour, 26 mins, 39 seconds! he did the mile in 6:37

ok...I will send you the link as the time gets closer...how fun will that be????

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • Joycelouise
    Options
    chenheart said:

Marathoner, indeed!!!!!
    WOW~ he totally rocks! He came in 32nd, with a time of 1 hour, 26 mins, 39 seconds! he did the mile in 6:37

ok...I will send you the link as the time gets closer...how fun will that be????

Hugs,
    Claudia

I am pretty proud of him -
    I am pretty proud of him - thanks for the times! See ya next year...love, Joyce
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    Great job Claudia. No
    Great job Claudia. No wonder my legs hurt while I was basking in the sun. I was walking the 1/2 marathon with you. hahaha Glad you did it. Love ya, Lili
  • kbc4869
    kbc4869 Member Posts: 159
    Options
    under a rock
    I missed this one. Congratulations, Claudia! But can we just stay home this weekend and watch movies or something? :)

Love YA!
  • chenheart
    Options
    kbc4869 said:

under a rock
    I missed this one. Congratulations, Claudia! But can we just stay home this weekend and watch movies or something? :)

Love YA!

You Got It, Girlfriend!!!!
    You are sooo right, Ms Kim! How about "Hope Floats", or While You Were Sleeping" or...even better~ I already went to the movies TWICE this week to see the same movie~ and I took my 17 yr old stepdaughter the first time, and my 23 year old foster daughter the second time...may I HIGHLY recommend you see The Secret Life Of Bees???? I read the book some years back and had kept it in my personal library, "made" my stepdaughter read it when we found it on her 11th grade required reading list, and my foster daughter and me? We have been reading together since she was 5 years old....this is an empowering movie ( and especially book) for women, and today, with historic things having happened, this story resonates even more. Even my manly-man sweet man Reggie had tears in his eyes at the sheer power of this story. Enjoy, my sisters!!! Drama on the Silver Screen is all the drama I need!!!!

Hugs,
    Claudia