Struggling back to our feet after TX

Options
Joycelouise
Joycelouise Member Posts: 482
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
There is a visual imagery CD series I have used, and several others have mentioned it also, by Belleruth Naparstek. I wrote her a letter and she replied. It is about post cancer TX wellness. Her response was incredible for its clarity and understanding and I recommend reading it to all searching for help. NOt because it has any answers, but because she really seems to understand and it feels good to read, what for me, is reality. If anyone is interested in looking it up (she posted the discussion in her newsletter) you can google it at HealthJourneys. If you can't find it, let me know. If you read it and you like what she says, let me know if you have the time. I found it comforting. Just to be understood.
Meanwhile, have a good, healthy, weekend! love (always!) Joyce

Comments

• KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info...
    We can always count on you, Joyce!

Hugs, Kathi
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    XOXOXOXOX
    Thanks Joyce! I agree with Kathi...you always have something upbuilding and positive to share with us!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • mgm42
    mgm42 Member Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I'm With You
    I did look up Belleruth's website and I read your letter and her reply. She is truly someone special. As for her answer, it certainly spoke to me. I guess I'm one of the fortunate ones who found that now that the steroids and chemo drugs are finally out of my system, I'm starting to feel better. While I still become "down" from time to time, those times are becoming less and less and last for shorter periods of time.

Joyce, thanks for sharing about that site. I will return to it again and again. You are one special women and I'm glad I can count you as my friend. Take care of yourself.

Love, The Hampster aka Marilynn
  • Joycelouise
    Options
    mgm42 said:

I'm With You
    I did look up Belleruth's website and I read your letter and her reply. She is truly someone special. As for her answer, it certainly spoke to me. I guess I'm one of the fortunate ones who found that now that the steroids and chemo drugs are finally out of my system, I'm starting to feel better. While I still become "down" from time to time, those times are becoming less and less and last for shorter periods of time.

Joyce, thanks for sharing about that site. I will return to it again and again. You are one special women and I'm glad I can count you as my friend. Take care of yourself.

Love, The Hampster aka Marilynn

Thank you so much for taking
    Thank you so much for taking the time to look that up, MGM. I was just astounded by how well she understood.
    I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better. Me too. We've been through a lot (isn't it cool to be able to say - together). We deserve a little sunshine - light at the end of the tunnel? love, Joyce who is a natural hampster these days.
  • base61ball
    base61ball Member Posts: 125
    Options

Thank you so much for taking
    Thank you so much for taking the time to look that up, MGM. I was just astounded by how well she understood.
    I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better. Me too. We've been through a lot (isn't it cool to be able to say - together). We deserve a little sunshine - light at the end of the tunnel? love, Joyce who is a natural hampster these days.

the website
    I went to the website and read your letter as well as the reply. I was astounded to learn the chemo and steroids can stay in your system for up to six months, causing problems. Wow - that explained a lot to me. Thank you so much for the information - it really helped me understand what is going on.
  • Joycelouise
    Options

the website
    I went to the website and read your letter as well as the reply. I was astounded to learn the chemo and steroids can stay in your system for up to six months, causing problems. Wow - that explained a lot to me. Thank you so much for the information - it really helped me understand what is going on.

I am really glad you found
    I am really glad you found her comments helpful. I like it when someone takes our emotional health seriously. After being out of chemo for about six months I am indeed feeling like I have a fighting chance at being happy. Of course I did before too, but now there is a little less "fight" necessary to get it. Best wishes in your journey past TX, Baseball! love, Joyce