Something so small that brings so much pleasure....

Options
KathiM
KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I remember in my 'BC' (Before Cancer) part of life, I used to do many things that just flat out made me feel special...

I returned to one of those things today: I had a manicure!!! AND I scheduled the next one for after I return from Turkey!

I am gazing at my fingers right now and smiling....I forgot how good it felt to have neat looking hands!

Hugs, Kathi

Comments

• chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    I Feel Pretty...Oh So Pretty!
    Good for you!!!! Manicures are one of life's great pleasures, and a pedicure is even better!!! I am glad you treated yourself...and, BTW...why are you going to Turkey, anyway?????

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

I Feel Pretty...Oh So Pretty!
    Good for you!!!! Manicures are one of life's great pleasures, and a pedicure is even better!!! I am glad you treated yourself...and, BTW...why are you going to Turkey, anyway?????

Hugs,
    Claudia

Because it was there.....
    No, seriously, I have subscribed to all of those 'last-minute travel deals' things...Hotwire.com had this trip to Turkey advertised for very little money, and, well, put together with I want to start ENJOYING my semi-retirement (lol), the rest is history.

Since then, come to find out, Turkey is one of the favorite spots of Western Europeans...LOTS of sun and sea, not much bucks...each american dollar is worth 1.6 lira... This made me feel better, that I could ask about safety....it's up and to the right from Iraq...

So, Turkey it is...some interesting things tho...just like China, 'squatty potties' are the norm, thank GOODNESS for american-style hotels...rofl! Also, the food is very familiar...it's Mediterranean (makes sense, it's ON the Mediterranean Sea!), so LOTS of vegies, rice, and lamb, Turkish coffee....also, this trip has us staying in 4- and 5-star hotels...

AND, I get to float down the Bosphorus...like all the OTHER great queens of the past did..."Peel those grapes for me, will you sweetheart!"

So, why NOT? lol!

Hugs, Kathi
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    KathiM said:

No, seriously, I have subscribed to all of those 'last-minute travel deals' things...Hotwire.com had this trip to Turkey advertised for very little money, and, well, put together with I want to start ENJOYING my semi-retirement (lol), the rest is history.

Since then, come to find out, Turkey is one of the favorite spots of Western Europeans...LOTS of sun and sea, not much bucks...each american dollar is worth 1.6 lira... This made me feel better, that I could ask about safety....it's up and to the right from Iraq...

So, Turkey it is...some interesting things tho...just like China, 'squatty potties' are the norm, thank GOODNESS for american-style hotels...rofl! Also, the food is very familiar...it's Mediterranean (makes sense, it's ON the Mediterranean Sea!), so LOTS of vegies, rice, and lamb, Turkish coffee....also, this trip has us staying in 4- and 5-star hotels...

AND, I get to float down the Bosphorus...like all the OTHER great queens of the past did..."Peel those grapes for me, will you sweetheart!"

So, why NOT? lol!

Hugs, Kathi

Turkey.....
    Well, I think that's wonderful...I have always thought about you being in Europe. I have spent lots of time on the Adriatic Sea, and I have always said ( tho I love many cuisines) that if I had to choose only ONE for the rest of my life....it would be Mediterranean.

I was just wondering why you were going to Turkey~and HOORAY for you!! Have a grand avbenture and report back to us when you get home again!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • kit45
    kit45 Member Posts: 89
    Options
    KathiM said:

So, why NOT? lol!

Hugs, Kathi

FUNNY
    Kathi,

I love your sense of humor. You make me smile.

Enjoy Turkey. How exciting. Love, Kit