Good news

impactzone
impactzone Member Posts: 551 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Well after 2 weeks I got my results today and the CT scan is clean and the CEA is under 1.0 so all is well! That is great and I'm very happy. My mom died last week at age 80 due to lung cancer. She was a lifelong smoker but outlasted the odds for a long time. She didn't want any chemo or surgery just to be left alone and she died very peacefully. This is honestly true , as a 49 year old school teacher, the night after she passed away, I had a dream and she told me everything was going to be Ok...I am religous but not really "crazy" religous...and that dream not only comforted me but really kept me calm for the last week waiting results. I tell this not to preach but just as a real, "wow" moment for me... I do not even now know how to explain this and am reluctant to even talk about it here with others for fear they think me kinda nuts...

Thanks to all of you and there is hope out there sometimes...
Chip

Comments

• CherylHutch
    CherylHutch Member Posts: 1,375
    Great News!!
    I don't think you're nuts at all, Chip! Although, I'm sure many others have wondered about my sanity at times . I'm a firm believer, as I'm sure I've mentioned in other posts of our universe and beyond being made up of energy. Communication is done on a whole other level than a physical being being able to talk to you face to face. We humans do feel comfort in applying a physical presence to anything that's difficult to explain so our physical bodies become the most important vs the energy that is housed within them and keeps them going

I'm sorry that your mom has passed away because I know you are going to miss her, but am happy to hear that she had a very peaceful passing and that you are very comfortable with that... and that it gives you peace as well. That is a wonderful feeling!!

There's no doubt in my mind that your mother DID communicate with you the night after she passed. Since she had already left her physical body, it's not as if she could use her body to communicate to you, so she did what is a very normal thing to do... communicate to you using her energy to talk to your energy... hence "thoughts" that come to you in the form of a dream.

I know, I know... now everyone is going to think we both are crazy :) And that's ok. I just wanted to let you know that I don't think you are crazy and I think that's wonderful that your mom passed on the information to you! For those who don't believe, they can always fall back on, "Oh, it was just a dream" but for those who have done some research, this is actually a very common experience.

CONGRATULATIONS on your scan and CEA reading!!! That is most excellent news and gives you some great breathing room now :)

Me... I had my CEA blood work done on Saturday morning and will get those results when I next see my onc on Nov 3 (next Monday).

Hugggggs,

Cheryl
  • kristasplace
    kristasplace Member Posts: 957 Member
    Dreams
    I also do NOT think you're crazy, Chip. I think many of us who have gone through the trials of a life threatening illness believe there is something better waiting for us on the other side. Some of us have probably been much closer to that dimension than this one at some point or other. I have had paranormal experiences myself and have no doubt there is something else.

There is a very interesting book i read recently called "Embraced By The Light". It's not a new book, i think it was written in the 1980's, but it was very enlightening, and feels very truthful. I would recommend it to everyone. It totally confirmed most of the things i already believed.

It's not unreasonable to think your Mother gave you the information she had in order for you to live the rest of your life without worrying the cancer might come back.

What a wonderful gift!

Congratulations on the clear scan!
    Krista
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Congrats on the results!
    I'm dancing for you!!!

I'm sorry about your mom, but it sounds like she made choices that were comfortable for her.

I still feel my daughter hugging me sometimes. She passed 2 years ago, this January. She was a big hugger while she was alive.

Hugs, Kathi
  • Kanort
    Kanort Member Posts: 1,272 Member
    Comfort!
    Hi Chip,

How comforting to know that your mother is still watching over you and keeping you calm. I am so sorry to hear of her passing.

Great news on your recent test results. Your story will inspire other stage 4 semi-colons!

Hugs,

Kay
  • kmygil
    kmygil Member Posts: 876 Member
    Good News and Dreams
    Hi Chip,

Congratulations on NED!!!! That is certainly wonderful news. You CEA number looks fantastic, as well.

I don't think you're nuts regarding the dream. I had a hard time with my father's death, but after about 8 months, I dreamed he drove down our street, got out and rang our doorbell. When I answered the door I exclaimed, "Dad! You're not supposed to be here!" He said, "I just wanted to check on you. I have to go back now. I love you." Then he got back in the car and drove away. I was immensely comforted by that and immediately got relief from my intense grief.

Similarly, my mother loved hummingbirds. On the day of her death, a hummingbird came up to my two sisters and me, hovered right in front of us, looked at each of us in turn, then flew away. It was the first time my sister had ever seen a hummingbird around her place.

Coincidence? Perhaps. But I derived so much comfort that I don't question it.

Hugs,
    Kirsten
  • slamb58
    slamb58 Member Posts: 31
    kmygil said:

Good News and Dreams
    Hi Chip,

Congratulations on NED!!!! That is certainly wonderful news. You CEA number looks fantastic, as well.

I don't think you're nuts regarding the dream. I had a hard time with my father's death, but after about 8 months, I dreamed he drove down our street, got out and rang our doorbell. When I answered the door I exclaimed, "Dad! You're not supposed to be here!" He said, "I just wanted to check on you. I have to go back now. I love you." Then he got back in the car and drove away. I was immensely comforted by that and immediately got relief from my intense grief.

Similarly, my mother loved hummingbirds. On the day of her death, a hummingbird came up to my two sisters and me, hovered right in front of us, looked at each of us in turn, then flew away. It was the first time my sister had ever seen a hummingbird around her place.

Coincidence? Perhaps. But I derived so much comfort that I don't question it.

Hugs,
    Kirsten

Thanks for sharing your wonderful news!!
    Hi Chip,

First I want to say how sorry I am to hear about your mother, but I'm sure she is smiling down on you now. Congratulations on the wonderful news you rec'd. I hope to follow in your footsteps after my liver resection on Nov 14th. Had my pet/ct scan done a couple of weeks ago after three infusions and two of my liver mets have disappeared and the one has shrunk in half. Congratulations again!!
  • pink05
    pink05 Member Posts: 550
    awesome news!!!
    Chip,

Congratulations on the clear scan!!!

Sorry to hear about your mom, but I'm sure it is no coincidence that she appeared in your dreams during a very difficult time for you.

God bless,

-Lee-
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    You're not crazy
    Chip,

I don't think you're crazy at all. I do firmly believe your mother was comforting you and reassuring you when she knew you would be worried. My husband survived a sudden cardiac arrest and went through a near death experience where he got a glimpse of Heaven and spoke with God, so I don't doubt those types of things at all.

Excellent test results you had! That's wonderful.

I'm very sorry about your mother, but it sounds like she went out on her terms and in a very peaceful manner.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • jenhopesprays
    jenhopesprays Member Posts: 128 Member
    Good News....Yahoo!

Chip,

So glad you have more good news. I was wondering how it was going. How exciting to have such a low CEA!

Sorry to hear about your mom. It's not easy to lose a parent no matter the age. I lost my dad in '01 and he still visits my dreams. He lives among us in the stories I tell my kids.

I got a clean scan too!

Here's to outlasting the odds, just like your mom.

Your buddy,

Jen
  • impactzone
    impactzone Member Posts: 551 Member

Good News....Yahoo!

Chip,

So glad you have more good news. I was wondering how it was going. How exciting to have such a low CEA!

Sorry to hear about your mom. It's not easy to lose a parent no matter the age. I lost my dad in '01 and he still visits my dreams. He lives among us in the stories I tell my kids.

I got a clean scan too!

Here's to outlasting the odds, just like your mom.

Your buddy,

Jen

Wow GREAT news for YOU!!!! I
    Wow GREAT news for YOU!!!! I am very glad and you don't know how often I think of all who I've talked to through here and other sites.
    Just awesome and I couldn't be happier.

lots of love and prayers

Chip
  • jenalynet
    jenalynet Member Posts: 361 Member
    Happy for you..
    I am sorry to read about your mother..She is in a good place, that's what I say when I think of my mother too. Great scan results, I am happy for you. Stay healthy. Hugs to you, Audrey.