Nasopharyngeal carcinoma or anything close??

Options
13»

Comments

• diamond-n-the-rough
    Options
    awsumtime said:

Nasopharangeal Carcinoma
    Here is my story. I am also looking for a warrior. I was a kidney donor Dec 2006. Ten months laterI was diagnosed with Sstage 4 nasopharangeal carcinoma. Through IMRT radiatin and very aggressive chemo, I appear to now be in remission. The side effects are numerous, hearing loss in both ears, distoreted taste, no saliva, neuropathy in feetsoI stumbel, but the worst has been weakness in my right arm to wear i can't even lift a bagof flour, I can no longer type,button my clothes, pt on jewelry, I drop and breakthings, and on and on. I am now home and not going to be able to go back to work as I am ...was a h ig hly skilllled administrator. I nam looking for others too who have had such seveeeeeere neuropathy. I can live with all the other side effects, but this one really has effected my daily life. I also have frequent boutsof tongue parlyzation which ofcourse takes away my ability to nspeak forvery shortpeiodsof time. Any one else have that?I know we must nall be strong and look at it as though this was the price we paid to nlive. And I'd rather be alive. I am 49. Sorry about the typos.

Nasopharangeal Carcinoma BIG- WARRIOR !
    awsumtime : YOU are very strong, and just hold on to the love, mercy & strengthof the LORD.
    I was also diagnosed with stage 4 NASOPHARNGEL CARCINOMA. However this was new to me, I was excited, because i had never been sick or to a hospital.WELL i thought a few shoots, a couple pills, a few day off work would be great ! BUT when i really learned what was happening, I still stayed strong,because now the fight was between cancer & my LORD. MY cancer center was approx. 26 miles away. I made myself drive everyday, twice a day for radiation. my wife was my co-pilot most of the time. I " never every spend a whole day -as a patient in the hospital. I also suffer from a list of side affects. no working saliva, or sweat glands, total hearing loss in my right ear, short term memory loss, no thyroid glands, no working pituitary gland, no working andrenal gland, no sex drive ! PAD IN MY LEFT LEG. Later I Nhad a stroke ! bad disces in my back L4, L5 NOT able to walk, or run I Walked into the H.B.O. Camber, came out wobbling. BUT NOW after 8 years of this drama, I am a better person, because i had a praying family. My father was a minister before he passed, my baby brother was also a minister, and his wife was also a missionary. ON alot of medication, but I AM ALSO A MENTOR FOR KIDS FROM AGES 6-16. I work-out at the gym atleast 3 times a week, but what I miss the most is that I couldnt complete college, I started school in 1999, when i was first diagnosed with cancer, however, i didnt go back to work for about 2 years, before the bootom felled out. I had started school again, on the PRESIDENT LIST,but that soon ended.SO everday now, I'M working out to get back where i was and it is come back, slow but i'll take that. I WILL NEVER EVERY STOP FIGHTING, FOR THE OLD ME. AT 48 life is too short to quit.
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options

Nasopharangeal Carcinoma BIG- WARRIOR !
    awsumtime : YOU are very strong, and just hold on to the love, mercy & strengthof the LORD.
    I was also diagnosed with stage 4 NASOPHARNGEL CARCINOMA. However this was new to me, I was excited, because i had never been sick or to a hospital.WELL i thought a few shoots, a couple pills, a few day off work would be great ! BUT when i really learned what was happening, I still stayed strong,because now the fight was between cancer & my LORD. MY cancer center was approx. 26 miles away. I made myself drive everyday, twice a day for radiation. my wife was my co-pilot most of the time. I " never every spend a whole day -as a patient in the hospital. I also suffer from a list of side affects. no working saliva, or sweat glands, total hearing loss in my right ear, short term memory loss, no thyroid glands, no working pituitary gland, no working andrenal gland, no sex drive ! PAD IN MY LEFT LEG. Later I Nhad a stroke ! bad disces in my back L4, L5 NOT able to walk, or run I Walked into the H.B.O. Camber, came out wobbling. BUT NOW after 8 years of this drama, I am a better person, because i had a praying family. My father was a minister before he passed, my baby brother was also a minister, and his wife was also a missionary. ON alot of medication, but I AM ALSO A MENTOR FOR KIDS FROM AGES 6-16. I work-out at the gym atleast 3 times a week, but what I miss the most is that I couldnt complete college, I started school in 1999, when i was first diagnosed with cancer, however, i didnt go back to work for about 2 years, before the bootom felled out. I had started school again, on the PRESIDENT LIST,but that soon ended.SO everday now, I'M working out to get back where i was and it is come back, slow but i'll take that. I WILL NEVER EVERY STOP FIGHTING, FOR THE OLD ME. AT 48 life is too short to quit.

Hay diamond

Sound like you had a ruff time yourself, but it is so great that we have God to help us in times of trials just like Job. There is nothing that can happen to me that my Lord and Savior does not know about and he will give me the strength I need to complete His plan. My Wife and I are here at MD Anderson tonight doing an MRI to see if the cancer is growing any, when it came back 3 years ago we opt for no more treatment, I have been off all treatment for 3 years. Just me and God and some herbal stuff he showed me.

I know about the side affects too as I live with them day to day but just glad to still be used in God plan.

Take care and keep strong in you Faith with God.
  • LiveStrong427
    LiveStrong427 Member Posts: 5
    Options
    Hey contact me we have much in common
    I too was diagnosed with NPC, I was 21yrs old n I am now 30 still suffering from the after effects of the treatment. Still living off a Peg Tube, bad TMJ, voice is very hard to understand and got really bad teeth, just to name a few. I am interested in knowing about your current condition, has it got better? Worse? You can email me at Bryan_haught@yahoo.com.
  • Mrsbrowny07
    Mrsbrowny07 Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Nasalpharnageal

Hi 

this may be a very late reply, my son is 20 and was diagnosed last July, after 7 weeks of treatmemy of chemo and radiotherapy as you said he has the all clear.

thanks

• Ndiggs
    Ndiggs Member Posts: 2
    Options
    awsumtime said:

Nasopharangeal Carcinoma
    Here is my story. I am also looking for a warrior. I was a kidney donor Dec 2006. Ten months laterI was diagnosed with Sstage 4 nasopharangeal carcinoma. Through IMRT radiatin and very aggressive chemo, I appear to now be in remission. The side effects are numerous, hearing loss in both ears, distoreted taste, no saliva, neuropathy in feetsoI stumbel, but the worst has been weakness in my right arm to wear i can't even lift a bagof flour, I can no longer type,button my clothes, pt on jewelry, I drop and breakthings, and on and on. I am now home and not going to be able to go back to work as I am ...was a h ig hly skilllled administrator. I nam looking for others too who have had such seveeeeeere neuropathy. I can live with all the other side effects, but this one really has effected my daily life. I also have frequent boutsof tongue parlyzation which ofcourse takes away my ability to nspeak forvery shortpeiodsof time. Any one else have that?I know we must nall be strong and look at it as though this was the price we paid to nlive. And I'd rather be alive. I am 49. Sorry about the typos.

Tongue numb

My mom is a 2 time survivor of NPC and her tongue would go complerely numb and she couldn't talk for up to 5 hours. She has not had that side effect in about 4 years. She has been cancer free simce Oct 2000. She suffers from frequent choking on almost everything, her jaw won't open very far, tooth loss and now permanent dentures, double vision, lack of taste buds, little to no saliva, dizziness, tinnitus, hearing loss, etc. 

She is a true hero and warrior! 

God bless you!

• Mom16
    Mom16 Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi, Karissa, My son was just

Hi, Karissa, My son was just recently diagnosed with the same cancer you were diagnosed with. He is 16 and we were shocked. He has just completed the first round of chemo. We are going back in a week for the second round. We have to spend 6 days in the hospital each time. My heart goes out to you. You are a very strong young woman who can now give a lot of young people facing this battle a new found hope. We live in the U.S. The chances of him getting this were 1 in 1.5 million. I am very glad I actually found someone close to his age who has fought the same battle. I will keep you in my thoughts.