My big sister

Options
RE
RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I find myself watching the calendar these days recalling what was happening last year at this time. Last year we were on mission to make my big sister’s passing as easy as possible. In retrospect I think she was the one making sure she made it as easy on us as possible. She was amazing, she wrote her own obit, planned her funeral by picking the music and speakers, she even sent me a bunch of photo’s of her life and requested I make a memory board of her. She was humorous, smart, kind, giving and I miss her. She passed on Dec. 15 so chances are I’ll be writing more about her; thanks for listening I just needed to vent.

Comments

• zahalene
    zahalene Member Posts: 670
    Options
    RE, I am glad you feel comfortable honoring your sister's memory here with us. We 'get it'. And we care.
  • Eil4186
    Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
    Options
    Re, I feel so bad that you lost such a wonderful, special sister. But it is so inspiring to read how you can enjoy your memories of her and honor her life now. I wish I could have known her- she sounds amazing. Eil
  • Irishwhispers
    Irishwhispers Member Posts: 96
    Options
    Big Sister
    RE
    We are here for you!!!

Big hugs to you , like so many that you have touched here by your kindness, your true ability of caring, your humor, and so well written words, that continue to inspire us, you make yourself available to all that come here and are in need of a shoulder, a cyber hug, or just virtual support, your posts touch so many of us.

Your sister's legacy lives through you, and her wonderous traits show through you!

Lots of love!

Trish
  • Joycelouise
    Joycelouise Member Posts: 482
    Options
    I am sorry I didn't know
    I am sorry I didn't know your sister. But I know you. And surely the bond you had means I know her in ways too. And I can imagine her kindness, wisdom, and love. Thank you for sharing this morning, and EVERYDAY, the memory of your sister. love and condolences, Joyce
  • ninjamom
    ninjamom Member Posts: 142
    Options
    RE

Losing a love one is never easy but their memories keep them alive in our hearts, I hope you share more stories with us.

Best regards

Patty
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    Aw, dearheart....
    She sounds like a lovely lady. It's so hard to make sense out of a good person's passing.

Feel free to share much....it keeps memories alive.

Hugs, Kathi
  • horsegal
    horsegal Member Posts: 22
    Options
    RE, I'm so sorry you lost your sister. Sounds like she was a wonderful person. After reading your posts for several weeks now, I can 'see' in you, the qualities you describe in her. You make my heart smile! My thoughts are with you as December draws near. I too, hope you choose to share more about this special person with us here. I'm not too good with words, but please feel the hugs coming your way! love & hugs, Fran
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Sweet
    Awwwwww......I only hope that when I pass, ( at the ripe old age of 99) that my Little Sisters will have as many wonderful things to say about me as you so eloquently said about your Big Sister. The blessings were no doubt reciprocal; she got as much from you as you did from her...a blessing, indeed. It wasn't a vent, RE~ it was a sharing. And we love you for it.

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    Thank you
    Thank you all, somehow I just knew you would understand where I was coming from. You know next year we will rejoice more in having had her as a sis , this year we are a bit sad. I did not mention it in my original post but we also lost my sister in-law to cancer the week before Thanksgiving last year. She too was special. My love to all.

RE
  • dbs1673
    dbs1673 Member Posts: 203
    Options
    gifts
    Thank you for sharing your blessings. What you have posted are testimonials....the art of saying someone is special and matters in my life. Here's to you and the bond of sisterhood.
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    Thanks for sharing Rene. It
    Thanks for sharing Rene. It seems like she was one very special lady. I'm sorry we didn't get to meet her but am glad we met you. Hugs, Lili