arimidex i start today uhg

Options
kevindee
kevindee Member Posts: 72
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
hello all i start the lil pill today its been 3 weeks since my last rad treatment so i guess i need to get started. i seen dorothys site. god help us all. this gets nerve racking. be of good corage this to shall pass deedee

Comments

• dorothyt
    dorothyt Member Posts: 103
    Options
    Kevindee," Everything will
    Kevindee," Everything will be alright", that's my motto. Never give up and never give in.Read the comment I left you on the Postmenapausal and taking Arimidex. Remember we are Surviors.
  • Joycelouise
    Joycelouise Member Posts: 482
    Options
    Dang, Dee Dee - I know it is
    Dang, Dee Dee - I know it is hard. I cringe a little every time I take my tamoxifin. But, maybe we can both try to smile a little each time we take our pill. Smile because we tell ourselves that we are fighting back. Smile like when the good guys get the upper hand at the movies. These pills are good guys, on our side. From your fellow white hat wearer, love, Joyce
  • Verite
    Verite Member Posts: 4
    Options

Dang, Dee Dee - I know it is
    Dang, Dee Dee - I know it is hard. I cringe a little every time I take my tamoxifin. But, maybe we can both try to smile a little each time we take our pill. Smile because we tell ourselves that we are fighting back. Smile like when the good guys get the upper hand at the movies. These pills are good guys, on our side. From your fellow white hat wearer, love, Joyce

Pills
    I feel for you - had the same problems, and wrote about this on www.after-cancer.com, including mentioning some wonderful products developed in Washington Cancer Center, that are just coming in to Britain. Good luck.
  • kevindee
    kevindee Member Posts: 72
    Options
    Verite said:

Pills
    I feel for you - had the same problems, and wrote about this on www.after-cancer.com, including mentioning some wonderful products developed in Washington Cancer Center, that are just coming in to Britain. Good luck.

after cancer site ?
    hi verite. did you have bad side effects. i still didnt take it i know i need to. i think i'll try that site thank you verite. deedee
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    Dee, I've been on Tamoxifen
    Dee, I've been on Tamoxifen for 10 months now, and the only side effect I have is hot flashes which are doable and some weight gain. Just think of the pill as your friend which will hopefully prevent recurrence. Hugs, Lili
  • Joycelouise
    Joycelouise Member Posts: 482
    Options
    Dee Dee. I hope you are
    Dee Dee. I hope you are feeling better. I just noticed, and wanted to point out, that uhg can be hug if you scramble the letters. Here's wishing you a good turn! love, Joyce
  • Verite
    Verite Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Arimidex
    To Kevindee

Yes, I had horrendous side effects, but try to make light of them on www.after-cancer.com as I don't want to put anyone off taking hormonal pills like Tamoxifen, Arimidex. Aromasin etc. However, I found that for every side effect I had, there was a treatment - which I write about. So these pills are bearable, and hopefully will prolong our lives. Good luck
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    My 5th opinion oncologist said it well....
    "You put up such a courageous fight during the cancer, why would you stop now?"

I have taken Tamoxifen for over 2 years. At the beginning, I had hot flashes, but after 2 months I was OK.

I will be switched, depending on my bone density scan and my cholesterol, to Arimidex. I know how you feel...I am anxious about anything new...

BIG hugs,
    Kathi
  • dorothyt
    dorothyt Member Posts: 103
    Options
    Kevindee, I did not have to
    Kevindee, I did not have to do any chemo or radiations treatments because my cancer was found in it's early stage. And I thank God. I was afraid and I was not going to take the treatments if my doctor would have suggested it. I felt like having the mastectomy was enough. What I'm tring to say is, you been through the worst part. Taking this pill is to keep you and the rest of us from going through it agian. Stay strong and take your pills. Ask has anyone ever past out after taking the Arimidex and see what type of respone you get. The only way to know is to ask. I come one this site everyday so you can always talk to me.
  • msmmguiste
    msmmguiste Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Arimidex
    My mother was diagnosed with stage four metastatic breast cancer seven years ago, thanks to arimidex, she is still alive. We owe 3 1/2 of those years to arimidex, it was the only one of the many chemos she has had that worked for significant amount of time and did not negatively effect her quality of life. She did have menopausal like symptoms, hot flashes and moodiness, but unlike any of the other treatments she's had, the benefits far outweighed the side effects. I also have a cousin who's taking arimidex as a prophylactic to guard against yet another recurrence of breast cancer. I'm not sure what you've heard, but if I ever need chemo for breast cancer, Arimidex would be my chemo of choice. Good luck, I hope it works as well for you as it did for my Mom. Melanie
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Almost 5 Years!
    Just to reiterate that I will stop taking Arimidex in January; it will mark 5 years of the med with NO adverse side-effects...Dee Dee, maybe it will help you to read my recent post entitled "It's been a long time" to see what is possible even during the years of taking Arimidex. I think that the ONLY side effect I actually had is that Arimidex has kept the cancer away! Isn't that why I was taking it in the first place??? And I dare say ALL of us would agree that that's a darn good thing!
    Hugs,
    Claudia