Need a boost

Options
kit45
kit45 Member Posts: 89
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
There has always been alot of discussion on this subject but now I need a boost of support as it will be 7 weeks tomorrow since I finished treatment and not a single sign of hair returning on my head. Is this unusually long?
I never shaved my head so I have some remaining "straggelers".... Thanks for any encouragement. Kit

Comments

• Joycelouise
    Joycelouise Member Posts: 482
    Options
    Kit, when I announced that
    Kit, when I announced that my hair was growing again, it was only hair that I could see with a magnifying mirror. Mine came in for the first quarter inch incredibly fine and white. By seven weeks I did have barely visible hair, but I think O'hilly also had hers "delayed". Don't give up! I did use Nioxin shampoo. It claims to remove impediments to hair growth and nourish the scalp. But, I don't know that it really worked. Maybe it doesn't make it grow faster but conditions the scalp in a way that lets the hair free. By the way, my hair did grow back in curly from straight. I have heard that the hair coils itself up in the follicle before emerging. Maybe your hair is growing underground a bit. Please keep us posted. Even though it seems silly, the regrowth of hair was a big celebration for me and it will be for you too! love, Joyce
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Gimme a head of hair!!!!
    Here's the schedule: Bald, Newborn, Baby Chick, Chia-Pet, Finger in Light Socket, Style-able though perhaps unfamiliar , to WHOOOOO`HOOOO !! Hair cuts, color options, and your own hair reminiscent of your Pre-Cancer hair!!!

If you have children, think back to how long it takes for a bald newborn to get to needing a haircut, and barrettes, or a ponytail. It'll take about that long~ Don't Fret! You will soon be obsessively rubbing your head, completely fixated on the downey softness of this sweet, fine, new hair!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    I have VERY stubborn hair!
    I have so much hair, that I think it became 'survival of the fittest'. My hair was VERY wierd, it was so confused that it started growing in between treatments, and then it would fall out again.

Like Chen, it came back in stages, and really didn't completely return (like my pic) for 3 months....soooo

Don't despair, dear one...it WILL return!

Hugs, Kathi
  • Eil4186
    Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
    Options
    Kit, ditto with what the
    Kit, ditto with what the others have said. I had peach fuzz during treatment and the first month or so after, I had wispy, white hair. Within 3 months I had about 1/2 an inch and ditched my wig(to some of my co-workers' shock, I think). Don't worry, yours will start to grow soon. Some people's takes a bit longer, thats all. Hang in there.
  • kit45
    kit45 Member Posts: 89
    Options
    your all gorgeous and
    Thanks for responding. Looking at your pictures with your posts your all gorgeous and I appreciate your support. Love, Kit
  • ohilly
    ohilly Member Posts: 441
    Options
    hair
    I almost laughed when I saw this because I posted the exact same comment some months ago! I also had stragglers since I never shaved my head and it took 9 or 10 weeks (maybe even a little longer) for my hair to start growing at all! Now it is covering my entire head, although I still look at it obsessively every day and get anxious that it is not continuing to grow (but I think this is my imagination - if it started growing, I'm sure it's continuing - it just takes a long time).

So know that you are not alone in your hair obsession - it WILL grow back!

Ohilly
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    ohilly said:

hair
    I almost laughed when I saw this because I posted the exact same comment some months ago! I also had stragglers since I never shaved my head and it took 9 or 10 weeks (maybe even a little longer) for my hair to start growing at all! Now it is covering my entire head, although I still look at it obsessively every day and get anxious that it is not continuing to grow (but I think this is my imagination - if it started growing, I'm sure it's continuing - it just takes a long time).

So know that you are not alone in your hair obsession - it WILL grow back!

Ohilly

Hey Ohilly, I did laugh when
    Hey Ohilly, I did laugh when I saw the posting. Reminded me of when we were comforting you about your hair. It does grow back, unfortunately, slow in some. Hope everything worked out for you.. Hugs, Lili
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    kit45 said:

your all gorgeous and
    Thanks for responding. Looking at your pictures with your posts your all gorgeous and I appreciate your support. Love, Kit

Kit, we have all fretted
    Kit, we have all fretted about our hair. Seemed like I was never getting through this whole cancer thing every time I looked in the mirror and saw myself bald. But it did grow back, very curly at first, then it went back to it's regular texture. Have patience and remember that you're done and on the road to life after cancer. Hugs to you, Lili