help.

Thank you; and God Bless all of you!!

~Susan xoxo

Comments

• BonnieR
    BonnieR Member Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    powder or pills
    Hi Susan, Do you have the LGlutamine in powder or pills? I took a tablespoon a couple times a day when it was bad. Then I found the pills and took 1500mg once to twice a day, I tried the bcomplex in the beginning but stopped as it just made me flushed and when I stopped didn't seem to matter. Hope this really helps your neuropathy.

Hugs ♥ Prayers Bonnie
  • mopar
    mopar Member Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    B-6/L-GLUTAMINE
    Well, Bonnie gave some good advice on the L-Glutamine. I took that (still do) and B-6. The B-6 I started at 50 mg/day, then worked up to 150. Hope this helps you!
    HUGS!
    Monika
  • Susan523
    Susan523 Member Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
    I left on a cruise shortly after posting that, so thank you for your replies.

I have them both in pill-form.

My neuropathy seems to be getting worse, and I ended Cisplatin IP chemo mid-April, but I know it takes a while. The ear-ringing is pretty irritating, too!
  • kris43
    kris43 Member Posts: 275
    Options
    Susan523 said:

Thank you!
    I left on a cruise shortly after posting that, so thank you for your replies.

I have them both in pill-form.

My neuropathy seems to be getting worse, and I ended Cisplatin IP chemo mid-April, but I know it takes a while. The ear-ringing is pretty irritating, too!

neuropathy
    Hi Susan - I took the drugs that everyone recommended too and it worked well until I went back to work and then the pain became unbearable. I ended up on Neurontin & Amitryptyline once a day which did the job. I took those drugs for almost 6 months then weaned myself off them. No more problems. I too had IP Cisplatin - but only 2 doses - my port didn't hold up and neither did my body.

Take care!
    Kris
  • saundra
    saundra Member Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    dosage
    Susan, I take 50 mg. of Vit. B-6 and 500 mg of L-glutamine daily and have since I started chemo. I have had minimal neuropathy. I really don't know if it was because of these supplements or not but I am not giving them up to find out. I do have joint pain in my hands and hips but no numbness or tingling in my hands or feet. God Bless you too! Saundra
  • JanQ
    JanQ Member Posts: 236
    Options
    BonnieR said:

powder or pills
    Hi Susan, Do you have the LGlutamine in powder or pills? I took a tablespoon a couple times a day when it was bad. Then I found the pills and took 1500mg once to twice a day, I tried the bcomplex in the beginning but stopped as it just made me flushed and when I stopped didn't seem to matter. Hope this really helps your neuropathy.

Hugs ♥ Prayers Bonnie

Hi
    Bonnie it is so good to read your post...have you got an update? Where are you when this picture was takeen
  • JanQ
    JanQ Member Posts: 236
    Options
    JanQ said:

Hi
    Bonnie it is so good to read your post...have you got an update? Where are you when this picture was takeen

I'm sorry
    New, I know better but I was thinking this would post to Bonnie.
    Sounds like they all gave you great info. I have got to get back on it. When I got out of the hospital this time I quit taking everthing, it all just made me nausea to think about it, but now my feet, really up to my knews hurt.
    Hope you are doing better!

God Bless, Jan
  • Susan523
    Options
    Thank you, Ladies!
    Thank you all for responding. It's so great; this community of "friendship, caring, and love" that we have here.

I see my Dr. tomorrow; and will ask him about the increased Neuropathy and "cramping up" all the time. It seems to be still getting worse, in spite of my continued and increased dose of B-6 and L-Glutamine. I think I may have told you all that I also tried Lyrica, but no help.

My CA was done last week, and it's at 9.3, so I can (I hope) live with that. (It was at 4.3 in July). However, I am having some off & on bloating around my bladder/pelvic area, and some bladder concerns, which I'm hoping is just an infection that they can give me anti-biotics for. I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Meantime, you all take care and thank you for your input.

God Bless us all in this battle; and our Doctors and Caretakers as well~

~Susan xoxo
  • Susan523
    Options
    Susan523 said:

Thank you, Ladies!
    Thank you all for responding. It's so great; this community of "friendship, caring, and love" that we have here.

I see my Dr. tomorrow; and will ask him about the increased Neuropathy and "cramping up" all the time. It seems to be still getting worse, in spite of my continued and increased dose of B-6 and L-Glutamine. I think I may have told you all that I also tried Lyrica, but no help.

My CA was done last week, and it's at 9.3, so I can (I hope) live with that. (It was at 4.3 in July). However, I am having some off & on bloating around my bladder/pelvic area, and some bladder concerns, which I'm hoping is just an infection that they can give me anti-biotics for. I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Meantime, you all take care and thank you for your input.

God Bless us all in this battle; and our Doctors and Caretakers as well~

~Susan xoxo

Saw my Dr.
    Thank you all for sharing your knowledge. In fact, I saw my Dr. yesterday, and the PAC in his office was VERY interested when I told her about this site, and our sharing of information. In fact, she asked "what else did they suggest for Neuropathy?"

Anyway, I had a good check-up; although I'm still concerned about some pain & bloating that's going on; but my CA is 9.3. It's possibly a bladder or kidney infection, I'll get those results tomorrow.

Meantime, just wanted to share with you that my Dr. prescribed Neurontin for the Neuropathy, and said it will take 'about a month to kick in'.

Thank you again for sharing; and God bless each and every one of you.

Love,
    ~Susan xoxo