i finished

Options
kevindee
kevindee Member Posts: 72
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
today was my last day of rad. praise the lord!!!!!! now why am i still scared. i think its the pill theyre going to start me on in 2 wks. ugh. thank you all for talking withme. i feel for each one. everyone has a story. its good to know youre not alone but to bad it has to be about cancer. i pray all of you get a miraculuos healing .

Comments

• mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    Hi Dee: Glad you're done.
    Hi Dee: Glad you're done. Saw all your other posts and figured I would answer all your comments on this one. It's difficult when our treatments are done. To me it felt like you were yanking my security blanket. You hope and pray that the toxic chemicals they put into us were really toxic to those cancer cells. But, we're done and have to go on. I am on Tamoxifen since December. Very similar to Arimidex the only difference being is Arimidex is for post menopause and Tamoxifen was pre menopause. I have experienced hot flashes pretty bad some days so so other days and weight gain. No matter what I eat can't seem to stop gaining weight. I am seriously considering asking the doctor if I can take that Alli pill. But it will have to wait until my next visit. Anyway, don't fret too much. I think it's great that they have this pill. Our risk of our cancer recurring is sharply reduced with this pill. I think I would be more afraid the day I stop taking it. Hugs to you, Lili
  • sylva
    sylva Member Posts: 80
    Options
    Congratulations!!! one more
    Congratulations!!! one more step you're done with. It's normal to feel scared, but don't allow it to control you life.
    I started with Tamoxifen 2 months ago, and I thought a lot before starting with the pill. But it's been in use for a long time, and it seems to be effective, and I'm sure that you want as we all want to LIVE FOR A LONG LONG TIME, so close your eyes, don't think, and take the pill!!
    This is a journey that we didn't choose to get into, but we are, and we have to make the best out of it. With time everything gets better!! Take care.
  • ninjamom
    ninjamom Member Posts: 142
    Options
    FINISHED
    Congratulations!! I finished on the 30th and will start herceptin and arimidex in 2 weeks. Today I went to see my radiologist and was told I can start living again and as I'm leaving the doctor's office I was hit with anxiety. Why do we feel that way? who knows but lets move on :) Celebrate your accomplishment, pamper yourself I know I will LOL

Patty
  • NorcalJ
    NorcalJ Member Posts: 187
    Options
    Finished
    I'm a step behind you, but I understand the feeling of needing a safety net.

I just finished 4 months of A/C, and Taxol, and will be starting radiation soon, then an aromatase inhibitor. Completing the chemo made me feel somewhat triumphant at the same time as feeling nervous. Is there another shoe to drop?

Maybe we need to see that "other shoe" as finding our new normal. Normal---not sure what it is, but it sure sounds nice.

Here's to a new normal, and not worrying about needing a safety net!!!!
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    congratulations!
    Doesn't it feel good to be done? When I finished I felt like I did when I was a little girl on a very big swing like at the parks and you can swing really high. Good for you!
  • Joycelouise
    Joycelouise Member Posts: 482
    Options
    ninjamom said:

FINISHED
    Congratulations!! I finished on the 30th and will start herceptin and arimidex in 2 weeks. Today I went to see my radiologist and was told I can start living again and as I'm leaving the doctor's office I was hit with anxiety. Why do we feel that way? who knows but lets move on :) Celebrate your accomplishment, pamper yourself I know I will LOL

Patty

Patty, I met you with no
    Patty, I met you with no hair before rads. You were living plenty then, smiling, full of force. I am glad that your hair is growing back. Enjoy every inch. Yeah, there are a few more bumps on the road after treatment as we fold all the worries into our drawers where we are destined to keep them the rest of our lives. But we shut the drawer and only open it occasionally. Glad to hear you are doing some pampering.
    My herceptin infusions got a little off track but are back on Thursdays. Just had one yesterday so I am pumping cancer killing stuff all through my body right now. Love it.
    I see you holding that darling grandson. Have you considered challenging him to a hair growing race? My money is on you. Love, Joyce
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    DONE WITH RADS
    DEE,

Congratulations on completeing your rads, how marvelous! My sister was on tamoxifen for 5 years without any side effects. It's normal to feel apprehensive after treatment, but please try to find a bit of joy now that you are out of treatment.

Many (((((HUGS)))))

RE