nervous

Options
kevindee
kevindee Member Posts: 72
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
i was suppose to finish my last treatment 2 days ago but the machine broke. i hope this doesnt compromise my plan. i should have went to the big hosp, but it was 30 miles away. this one is small. 3minutes from my house. i have to start arimidex in 2 weeks and scared of side efects like i said before. should i ask them to see if they can get me in somewhere else for today seeing its my last

Comments

• zahalene
    zahalene Member Posts: 670
    Options
    I understand
    I really do. It is the scariest thing in the world to feel your life depending on treatment and then have it yanked out from under you, if only for a brief time. I saw your other post saying they got the machine fixed. So glad.
    Also saw your post about your fears and your constant prayers. I understand that part too. I have had 3 cancer diagnoses. The first two times I had young kids and freaked out with fear for them, the last time my ex had just left 6 months earlier and I was a single mom....there just is NO good time to get cancer.
    But you know what, I was 38 when first diagnosed, I am 60 now, the kids are grown, God is good. I can not guarantee the same for you, but knowing what I do about God, I CAN guarantee that so long as you look to him for the strength you need he will not fail you. My prayers to you for God's richest blessings.
  • kevindee
    kevindee Member Posts: 72
    Options
    zahalene said:

I understand
    I really do. It is the scariest thing in the world to feel your life depending on treatment and then have it yanked out from under you, if only for a brief time. I saw your other post saying they got the machine fixed. So glad.
    Also saw your post about your fears and your constant prayers. I understand that part too. I have had 3 cancer diagnoses. The first two times I had young kids and freaked out with fear for them, the last time my ex had just left 6 months earlier and I was a single mom....there just is NO good time to get cancer.
    But you know what, I was 38 when first diagnosed, I am 60 now, the kids are grown, God is good. I can not guarantee the same for you, but knowing what I do about God, I CAN guarantee that so long as you look to him for the strength you need he will not fail you. My prayers to you for God's richest blessings.

bless you
    za that was wonderful. sorry you didnt have your husband there. im still scared. the arimidex pill is going to reaally be something. did they find yours early? mmind is stage 3 agressive 6 or 8 node poss, her+ pos. did you go to a learnnig hosp. im in a small one. thinking about changing back to the big one tho.
  • zahalene
    zahalene Member Posts: 670
    Options
    kevindee said:

bless you
    za that was wonderful. sorry you didnt have your husband there. im still scared. the arimidex pill is going to reaally be something. did they find yours early? mmind is stage 3 agressive 6 or 8 node poss, her+ pos. did you go to a learnnig hosp. im in a small one. thinking about changing back to the big one tho.

I was in a relatively small
    I was in a relatively small hospital, but my onco has a rep of being one of the best in the country.
    My cancers were found early (by me doing self-exam) but I did have nodes involved on both sides.
    I did not take arimidex but if they advise it for you I suggest you go ahead with it for a period of time, taking notes on any side effects or anything that feels 'different' after you start the medication. Then report everything to your doctor. He will help you manage anything that comes up, and if it gets to the point that the side effects become life-altering you can discuss other alternatives with him/her. My biggest mistake during treatment was in just accepting whatever happened and putting up with it.