A good way of putting it

Options
Joycelouise
Joycelouise Member Posts: 482
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Man, I am sorry I missed the Christina Applegate Oprah! So I went searching on Oprah's website...and I found this great story that had been in O mag by a woman who was trying to write about her acceptance of breast cancer. The part I want to share with you is:
The author (double mas) ran into her surgeon some time after TX at a soccer game. They embraced warmly, triumphantly. When asked, who was that? She said, "A doctor who is wonderful!" Then the author paused to think. Would she choose a life in which circumstance would not have led her to meet this wonderful man? Yes! Would she have been happier in that life? No.
I think that is a good handle on it. I would chose in a second not to have been through DX and TX. But I must admit, with all I have learned and now treasure about life, I would not have necessarily been happier.
Just thought you all might like this too.
Love to all of you, Joyce

Comments

• jannyfran
    jannyfran Member Posts: 33
    Options
    OPRAH
    HI JOYCE,

OH MY GOODNESS, I SAW OPRAH LAST NIGHT, IT WAS WONDERFUL.

AFTERWARDS THOUGH, BOY DID IT MAKE ME THINK AWHOLE LOT ON THE DECISIONS I MADE.

THE WHOLE PROGRAM MADE ME CRY, THINK, DEFINETLY FELT MORE DEPRESSED ABOUT THIS WHOLE THING, AFTERWARDS.

THERE WERE SITUATIONS OF BREAST CANCER SURVIVORS WHICH WAS WONDERFUL TO WATCH AND HEAR THEIR STORIES, BUT OH MY GOODNESS........

THIS DISEASE HAS NO PREJUDICE ABOUT IT, IT HITS EVERYONE!!!!! WHAT A SHAME.

WISHING YOU A VERY HAPPY AND HEALTHY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JANNY
  • Joycelouise
    Joycelouise Member Posts: 482
    Options
    jannyfran said:

OPRAH
    HI JOYCE,

OH MY GOODNESS, I SAW OPRAH LAST NIGHT, IT WAS WONDERFUL.

AFTERWARDS THOUGH, BOY DID IT MAKE ME THINK AWHOLE LOT ON THE DECISIONS I MADE.

THE WHOLE PROGRAM MADE ME CRY, THINK, DEFINETLY FELT MORE DEPRESSED ABOUT THIS WHOLE THING, AFTERWARDS.

THERE WERE SITUATIONS OF BREAST CANCER SURVIVORS WHICH WAS WONDERFUL TO WATCH AND HEAR THEIR STORIES, BUT OH MY GOODNESS........

THIS DISEASE HAS NO PREJUDICE ABOUT IT, IT HITS EVERYONE!!!!! WHAT A SHAME.

WISHING YOU A VERY HAPPY AND HEALTHY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JANNY

Oh, Janny - Your feelings
    Oh, Janny - Your feelings after watching the show - I have been there. A comment, an article, something can set me off. Please don't be depressed for long! You know, I think that the first job C does is make us more sensitive. Then it makes us tougher. But then sensitive again...yikes, what a roller coaster. But here's a hand to squeeze. Lets scream together....Wheee!
    Thanks for the New Year Wish. I hope good things for you too. Love, Joyce
  • kbc4869
    kbc4869 Member Posts: 159
    Options
    Ditto
    I agree. And you know what? I think I'm happier than I was before. THERE! I admited it! Don't tell anyone!

love,
    kim
  • Eil4186
    Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
    Options
    Im sorry i missed the show
    Im sorry i missed the show too. I reallt wanted to see it.:o(
  • ninjamom
    ninjamom Member Posts: 142
    Options
    OPRAH
    I didn't even know Christina Applegate was going to be on. Where have I been??!! Sorry I missed it.

By the way, I got my beeds on Tuesday!!! :) Had 4 really bad days, had to take off work Mon to Wed and today was my first full day in a while.

Start Receptin on the 10th. Joyce, are you still going to Kaiser on Thursdays? If so, when is your next time? I lost track of the days.

Patty
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    Christina Applegate
    I missed the show also, but got to watch it on oprah.com. The link might still be there for those of you interested in watching the interview. Hugs, Lili