I am a GRANDMOTHER!

Options
msccolon
msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Yes, my first born has just given birth to her first born! I was able to be there for the birth and it was amazing! These are the experiences that make this fight worth it! I am staying with them to do housework while they bond with their baby! She is just so cuddly sweet I am going to have a very hard time when it comes time to leave!
mary

Comments

• JMARIE66
    JMARIE66 Member Posts: 55
    Options
    Congrats!!
    Wonderful news!!! How special for you to be there too!!
  • krystiesq
    krystiesq Member Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!
    That has to be such an amazing experience. It is something I want to experience with my mom too. Not quite sure if I am ready for that yet though :). What is her name?
  • kimby
    kimby Member Posts: 797
    Options
    Congratulations!
    How wonderful! This gives me courage to continue. I look forward to being there for my grandchildren. This is such a special time -- enjoy every minute! (and take pictures for heavens sake!!) LOL

Kimby
  • apache4
    apache4 Member Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Happy, happy news :)
    Congrats, Mary, on your new grandchild. They are so wonderful. I hope you are not too far away from them. My fifth grandchild was (is) the only one that I have been able to see on a regular basis from Day One. The older ones were born when I was still working and it was a long drive to see them. Whenever I had a few days off,I would go to one or the other's to visit. They grow so fast...another example of enjoying the here and now.
  • Kanort
    Kanort Member Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
    Wonderful news, Mary! What a special time in your life. Thanks for sharing such joyous news.

Hugs,

Kay
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • msccolon
    Options
    Thank you so much!
    I am definitely enjoying this time. Her name is Laci Elizabeth and they live a 4 hour drive away. Not bad, but won't get to see her as much as i would like! We will be together for Thanksgiving, and I will probably travel again during the Christmas/New Year holiday
    Mary
  • kmygil
    kmygil Member Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    YES!
    Congratulations, Mary! I'm so happy for you and your daughter! Enjoy your time with them and don't think about leaving. Make them kick you out!:)
  • msccolon
    Options
    kmygil said:

YES!
    Congratulations, Mary! I'm so happy for you and your daughter! Enjoy your time with them and don't think about leaving. Make them kick you out!:)

LOL!
    You know it! My SIL already said he's going to have to check my suitcases before I leave!
    Mary
  • tlsart
    tlsart Member Posts: 33
    Options
    Brand New Reason to keep fighting
    Mary, I'm absolutly THRILLED for you!!!I had a new grandchild a month old when I was DX. It was my reason for being. Love being a grandma (Nana)it's the best thing ever!!! Luv to you all!Theresa
  • nudgie
    nudgie Member Posts: 1,478 Member
    Options
    Congrats
    Congrats Grandma. How does it feel to be a grandma?
  • msccolon
    Options
    nudgie said:

Congrats
    Congrats Grandma. How does it feel to be a grandma?

how does it feel?
    Nothing better in the world! I don't have to be the one to wake up 3 times in the middle of the night to feed and change her, and I get to hold and cuddle with her while they try to catch up on some sleep! And I don't have to change any of the poopy diapers!
    Mary
  • msccolon
    Options
    tlsart said:

Brand New Reason to keep fighting
    Mary, I'm absolutly THRILLED for you!!!I had a new grandchild a month old when I was DX. It was my reason for being. Love being a grandma (Nana)it's the best thing ever!!! Luv to you all!Theresa

I am Nana also!
    Jess picked out the name she wanted Laci to use shortly after she found out she was pregnant! My guess is she will use whatever name she wants when she gets older!
    Mary
  • Nicksangels
    Nicksangels Member Posts: 41
    Options
    Congrats
    Congrats to you Mary, Enjoy this beautiful new baby. Best wishes to your family.
  • lfondots63
    lfondots63 Member Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
    Now you get the FUN part of rearing a child!!! No diaper changes, spoiling them rotten, handing them back for night time feedings... LOL. Have fun!

Lisa F
  • vinny3
    vinny3 Member Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    grandchild
    That's wonderful Mary. You can just love her and play with her and have fun. When there are problems--back to Mom and Dad. Enjoy. ****
  • jenjerandkatesmom
    Options
    How Awesome!!
    Congratulations..Grandchildren are the very best! More fun than having your own children because you can spoil them (it's a grandparent's privilege) and then send them home. Best wishes to your family!
  • bigCrandy
    bigCrandy Member Posts: 75
    Options
    Congratulations Grandma!
    I know your feeling, grandchildren are special, they are there to be spoiled rotten. You are going to have the best time of your life as her grandmother. All children are a gift from God but grandchildren are just special. Have fun, love Randy
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Yay!
    I'm so happy for you! My grandchildren are like pure gold to me. You will not believe how much you can love those precious little bundles!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • msccolon
    Options
    she is indeed a special gift from God!
    Every time I hold her I think I am going to get tired of this real soon, and then i don't! :) There is just something so sweet and wonderful about a baby! Thank you to all of you for sharing in my joy!
    Mary