pet scan results

krystiesq
krystiesq Member Posts: 240 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
So. I got pet scan results for my mom this morning. They show that there is something suspicious in her thyroid so the oncologist is sending her to an ear, nose & throat doctor. He said he could feel something there, but not to get too excited until we see what it is. The rest of the pet came back to show nothing significant as for changes in her abdomen. I've got a copy of her entire chart right now and am digesting what it says right now. Thank you for the prayers.

Comments

• kimby
    kimby Member Posts: 797
    Mom
    I had something on my thyroid that turned out to me a goiter. Nothing to worry about and upped my synthroid. It really could be ok.

You're in my prayers.

Kimby
  • krystiesq
    kimby said:

Mom
    I had something on my thyroid that turned out to me a goiter. Nothing to worry about and upped my synthroid. It really could be ok.

You're in my prayers.

Kimby

I hope it isn't anything
    I hope it isn't anything significant. The onc also added campostar to her drug regimine. I'm hopeful that she will tolerate this as easily as she has 5fu + avastin.
  • msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    your mother's PET results
    AWESOME news! Don't worry about the thyroid, mine has been lighting it up since I've been getting scans and we've confirmed that it's nothing to worry about. I don't remember the exact term for it, but I do remember checking online and it is very typical that it lights up on a PET without being cancer.
    Mary
    P.S. how was your father's birthday party?
  • krystiesq
    msccolon said:

your mother's PET results
    AWESOME news! Don't worry about the thyroid, mine has been lighting it up since I've been getting scans and we've confirmed that it's nothing to worry about. I don't remember the exact term for it, but I do remember checking online and it is very typical that it lights up on a PET without being cancer.
    Mary
    P.S. how was your father's birthday party?

thank you for your continued support mary
    I have been researching all day on thyroid...thank you for your input hopefully it is just a benign mass or inflamation from something else. This is the first pet scan she has had so hopefully it is nothing. Although, the oncologist said that he could feel something there which was a little worrisome. We go to the ENT next Monday and will know more. I'm working hard to get my mom's spirits up right now. Luckily she has her three grand daughters to keep her company at her house. When she got back from treatment the three year old told her that she wanted to give her a huge dinosaur hug for being a good test taker. It's amazing how much they hear when you aren't even talking to them. The have been her angels through all of this.

My dad's birthday party went wonderfully. Although, due to his combining of soy beans he was late for his own party!!! It was a great distraction from waiting for results. I am happy with the results overall.
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Sounds hopeful
    Here's hoping it's just nothing at all! Let us know when you find out.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • JMARIE66
    JMARIE66 Member Posts: 55
    Sounds positive
    Please stay positive!! They found 5 growths on my Mom's thyroid. We took her in for a needle biopsy (took @10 minutes in the dr office) and all was fine. My Mom is 66 and I know as we ages, sometimes we get cysts and all!! Keep positive and don't panic!!
  • Kanort
    Kanort Member Posts: 1,272 Member
    Hopeful!!
    Hi Krystie,

Your mother is so blessed to have you as her advocate. I will be thinking of you both on Monday and praying for a simple and benign explanation for your mother's thyroid issue. Please keep us posted.

Hugs,

Kay
  • lfondots63
    lfondots63 Member Posts: 818 Member
    Mom's results
    Hi,

The thyroid might just be some swelling. I will send prayers for your mom that it is. I know how hard it is to not get worked up that every little problem is cancer. Think of the positive that there are no changes on the PET. I'm hoping the new chemo works even better. HUGS.

Lisa F