Residual Breast Pain

Options
mgm42
mgm42 Member Posts: 491 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I'm sorry to sound like such a whoos, especially when so many others are going through so much more than me right now, but I would appreciate some input. I had a lumpectomy of my left breast, chemo and radiation. I completed my radiation 3 months today. I've been feeling good, except for the last week, I started to get some shooting pains in that breast. I find it strange because I went for about a month with nothing except a little tenderness. I see my onocologist this Wednesday, but I'm anxious and wonder if anyone else has had this experience. Thanks a bunch. Hugs, Marilynn

Comments

• mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    Hi Marilynn: I didn't have
    Hi Marilynn: I didn't have a lumpectomy but a mastectomy with tram flap reconstruction and I still get a pang in my breast every now and then. Glad you're going to the oncologist Wednesday and please let me know what he says. Hugs, Lili
  • base61ball
    base61ball Member Posts: 125
    Options
    breast pain
    Marilyn it could be nerve endings regenerating on that side. I have had that just recently and the actual surgery was in April. Prior to this no feeling in breast or arm. I am only 7 treatments in on radiation so don't know if it will change as time goes on.

Let us know what the doctor says.
  • seof
    seof Member Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    mgm,
    I had a bilateral mastectomy in Dec. 2007. I still have twinges on the right side now and again (had some lymph nodes removed, along with a bit of surrounding tissue). I had radiattion for 6 weeks, but have been done with that for 3 months. I still have to keep on doing stretching and range-of-movement excersizes to keep the underarm from getting stiff. I also have itching occasionally, but numbness makes it hard to find the right spot to rub to make the itching go away. It seems odd to me that a place can feel itchy and numb at the same time, but it really does.

I don't know if this is helpful, but I wish you well.
  • mgm42
    mgm42 Member Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Saw My Oncologist
    I saw my oncologist today and she told me that this "residual" pain, as I call it, can be normal. She examined me and said I was fine. Everything seemed AOK. I guess I just see ghosts lurking where there are none. I go for my first "real" mammogram since my treatment ended next Thursday. I'm thinking positive thoughts. Marilynn
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    mgm42 said:

Saw My Oncologist
    I saw my oncologist today and she told me that this "residual" pain, as I call it, can be normal. She examined me and said I was fine. Everything seemed AOK. I guess I just see ghosts lurking where there are none. I go for my first "real" mammogram since my treatment ended next Thursday. I'm thinking positive thoughts. Marilynn

Risidual Pain
    Hi Marilyn,

I have had a lumpectomy on the left side 11 yrs ago and mast. on the right side 1 year ago and I too have this residual pain. I periodically complain to my doc just to be sure all is okay. You mentioned that you see ghosts lurking where there are none, I am betting lots of us do! I see this as a way to stay alive, if I have an odd sensation I am at the doctors door asking for them to check it out. Better to be concerned then not. Glad it all turned out well. Many (((((HUGS))))) to you!

RE