just wanna talk

kevindee
kevindee Member Posts: 72
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
hi does anyone live near indy. i started my first treatment at i.u. cancer hosp. i really dont have a support group. does anyone beleive in god. and healing. i dont know if i want to take the amiridex. has anyone been on it

Comments

• grandmagail
    grandmagail Member Posts: 28
    arimidex
    I've been on Arimidex for nine months and I have no side effects. I did have a little breakthrough bleeding when I first started it. I'm 65 so they had to check that out and everything was fine. I understand that each person is different. You may just try it to see how you do? I do believe in God. I also believe that he wants you to take advantage of the great strides that have been made in medicine. I will be praying for you.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Arimidex, etc
    I don't live near Indy, but in January I will be finishing 5 years of Arimidex~ with NO bad side effects whatsoever. I too believe that medical advances, treatments and medications can be considered a blessing~ and that if they will help us to kill this beast, by all means, do it!! It is all a personal decision, of course, but I would feel I had not given beating this my best effort if I turned down what could be of benefit to me. I appreciate life and family and friends too much to give up without a BIG fight! And, truth be told, they love me too, and would encourage me to do whatever I could so that they can have me in their lives longer! :-) I quoted from the Great Debaters on another post...perhaps it can apply to the treatment decisions you have to make: "We do what we HAVE to do, so we can do what we WANT to do". In my case, I HAD to have surgery, chemo, rads, and Arimidex, because I WANT to live a long, quality-filled life!

You don't make this journey alone~ you are now surrounded by a loving group of amazing survivors who will walk with you!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    IU cancer hospital
    I had been living in Indiana for a year and saw an oncologist for that year at the IU Cancer hospital. I'm sure if you ask they can point out a support group local.

We are heard when we pray.
  • kevindee
    Marcia527 said:

IU cancer hospital
    I had been living in Indiana for a year and saw an oncologist for that year at the IU Cancer hospital. I'm sure if you ask they can point out a support group local.

We are heard when we pray.

talk
    are you still in indy i live in a small town martinsville. i started at iu they came to this small cancer center down here. are you cancer free now i just found this site. yesterday evening. thanks for talkin to me.
  • Marcia527
    kevindee said:

talk
    are you still in indy i live in a small town martinsville. i started at iu they came to this small cancer center down here. are you cancer free now i just found this site. yesterday evening. thanks for talkin to me.

Was Hoosiers but not now
    We were born and raised in Indiana and moved around a bit and settled in Indiana for about 13 years and moved around some more. We ended up moving back to Indiana for one year and then moved on to Texas where we had lived previously for about 11 years. That year we were 2 1/2 hours away from Indy but I went there to see the oncologist because we thought treatment was better there. Plus my sister lives there and it gave me an excuse to visit her. I am a 5 year survivor. I was diagnosed as stage 3a. So far so good. I have other health problems which cause more problems. I was diagnosed with Parkinsons in 2006.
  • kevindee
    i have heart problems and
    i have heart problems and sugar. were you lype node pos. i had 15 nodes out 6 or 8 were cancer. her pos. do you like texas lotta good preachers down there im not from here either.
  • Marcia527
    lymph nodes
    They removed 15 lymph nodes and one had cancer but the surgeon said since I had chemo first he couldn't tell how many nodes were infected before.

We consider Texas our home. That's why we stayed in Indiana a year and left. It wasn't home anymore.