could somebody share with me I need it

Options
2»

Comments

• KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    Yup, it's a challenge....
    Breast cancer (stage IIB, 2 sentinel nodes involved) followed rectal cancer by 6 months. I think the biggest damage cancer does is that it shakes our confidence in our own body. Even tho we always knew we would die 'someday', we now know we can die 'any day'.

That said, in a way, it's a comfort to know that we can make sure to finish things, tell people we love them, enjoy life....and then, on top of it, live a long life!!!!! With my rectal cancer, I was told I had 6 months to live....in December 2004....almost 4 years ago...today, I am cancer free from both the rectal AND the breast cancer.

Sure, this will be a rough patch for you, going through treatment...but, it WILL finish, and you can go on!!! I planned a 3-day spa experience after all of my treatments...and my looking forward to that got me through some tough spots...

Keep plenty of fluids on board....I drank 4 quarts of water the day before, the day of, and the day after infusion. I peed forever, but it reduced my side effects significantly (and I had just finished a whole different set of chemo 6 months earlier for the rectal cancer). Keep in touch with us, this is one of the best cancer support boards around!!! We, as a group, have been there/done that for most if not all of the things that will happen to you.

Hugs, Kathi