help

Options
kevindee
kevindee Member Posts: 72
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
does anyone know how to get on chat room. i cant find out. this is my first visit. stage 3 agressive. lype pos. her pos. can some one plz talk to me

Comments

• cabbott
    cabbott Member Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Help
    Dear Kevindee,

I'm sorry you are having to deal with cancer, but you picked a great place to come. The folks here are wonderful! They will be glad to hear your story and share tips on making the fight easier. Post any questions you have. I have noticed that this particular discussion board gets lots of visitors and they have literally decades of wisdom to share. I am a 6 year survivor of breast cancer, but I have met survivors that are 20 year plus survivors. It gives me a lot of hope when they tell me to hang on.

At the top of this page under the colored bar that says "Welcome kevindee" is a little typewritten thing in blue that looks like : CSN Home » Cancer specific » Breast Cancer . If you click on CSN Home, it will take you immediately back to your home page. It is the page that first loads up when you log on. Under the "Contact" column in the middle of the page, you can hit "chatrooms". That will load up the live chat room. I have dial-up and sometimes it takes a lot more than the 10 seconds they say it will take, but usually after a minute or two it loads up. I have a recent JAVA download. They tell me that chat will not work unless you have JAVA. That's a free download at the JAVA site, but it takes a while (especially if you are on dial-up like me!). When the live chat starts up, you type at the bottom of the page in the box, hit enter, and it will post in the bigger box right above. You can see what others are saying and respond. There are private spots off of that place and setting options if you like to change things that are fairly logical once you get there. Good luck finding things and best wishes in your battle with the beast!

C. Abbott
  • kevindee
    Options
    cabbott said:

Help
    Dear Kevindee,

I'm sorry you are having to deal with cancer, but you picked a great place to come. The folks here are wonderful! They will be glad to hear your story and share tips on making the fight easier. Post any questions you have. I have noticed that this particular discussion board gets lots of visitors and they have literally decades of wisdom to share. I am a 6 year survivor of breast cancer, but I have met survivors that are 20 year plus survivors. It gives me a lot of hope when they tell me to hang on.

At the top of this page under the colored bar that says "Welcome kevindee" is a little typewritten thing in blue that looks like : CSN Home » Cancer specific » Breast Cancer . If you click on CSN Home, it will take you immediately back to your home page. It is the page that first loads up when you log on. Under the "Contact" column in the middle of the page, you can hit "chatrooms". That will load up the live chat room. I have dial-up and sometimes it takes a lot more than the 10 seconds they say it will take, but usually after a minute or two it loads up. I have a recent JAVA download. They tell me that chat will not work unless you have JAVA. That's a free download at the JAVA site, but it takes a while (especially if you are on dial-up like me!). When the live chat starts up, you type at the bottom of the page in the box, hit enter, and it will post in the bigger box right above. You can see what others are saying and respond. There are private spots off of that place and setting options if you like to change things that are fairly logical once you get there. Good luck finding things and best wishes in your battle with the beast!

C. Abbott

hello cabbot
    this is dee of kevindee. i still cant get in to chat. i just get a blank page it says hit connect button but i dont see a connect button. im not good on cp anyway. what stage were you. did you do hormone pill. like amiridex. thank you
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    kevindee said:

hello cabbot
    this is dee of kevindee. i still cant get in to chat. i just get a blank page it says hit connect button but i dont see a connect button. im not good on cp anyway. what stage were you. did you do hormone pill. like amiridex. thank you

chat
    Hi Dee: Welcome aboard. Sorry to have to welcome you here but you've come to the right place. You will meet a unique group of wonderful ladies and men who are battling the beast. I'm a 1 yr survivor of invasive ductal carcinoma. To get to chat, you are doing the right thing but it takes a long time for the room to open up. You just have to wait a little bit. Make sure you have the latest edition of java. Hope to see you in chat. Hugs, Lili
  • kevindee
    Options

chat
    Hi Dee: Welcome aboard. Sorry to have to welcome you here but you've come to the right place. You will meet a unique group of wonderful ladies and men who are battling the beast. I'm a 1 yr survivor of invasive ductal carcinoma. To get to chat, you are doing the right thing but it takes a long time for the room to open up. You just have to wait a little bit. Make sure you have the latest edition of java. Hope to see you in chat. Hugs, Lili

thank you
    what stage were you her2 pos. i had 6 or 68 pos lype nodes. almost done with radiation. 3 more praise god. but they did a brain and neck scan yesterday cause of some prqblems ive been having. did your head tingle. and neck hurt during treatments.
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    kevindee said:

thank you
    what stage were you her2 pos. i had 6 or 68 pos lype nodes. almost done with radiation. 3 more praise god. but they did a brain and neck scan yesterday cause of some prqblems ive been having. did your head tingle. and neck hurt during treatments.

Hi Dee: I was Stage 1 er +,
    Hi Dee: I was Stage 1 er +, her -. Went through 8 rounds of CAF no radiation because I had mastectomy and no node involvement. Hugs, Lili
  • cabbott
    cabbott Member Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    kevindee said:

hello cabbot

Hi Dee!
    I had estrogen positive cancer and I was in my mid-40's when I was diagnosed. I started with tamoxifen for the first 2 1/2 years. After a total hysterectomy that they did to see if I had ovarian cancer (I didn't), I went on exemestane also known as aromasin. The problems I have had with either pill have been minimal. I am glad they have such medicines to reduce reoccurance and prolong survival. I have another 2 years to go on exemestane. Then my oncologist said we will look at the literature and see what needs to be done next, if anything. When I was first diagnosed, there is no way you could have told me I would be a 6 year survivor, but I am doing pretty well right now. While I have a lot of scars from a lot of surgeries (I am a lung cancer survivor too!), I look pretty healthy. Best thing is that I feel pretty healthy too. Both of my cancers have been stage 1 and needed surgery but not radiation or chemo.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    kevindee said:

hello cabbot

CHAT
    Dee~
    If you don't have Java, you will have to install it to get into chat. What you are doing is correct~ you have gone to the right place, but without Java you won't make it past that place!
    I just came from chat; it is hopping with half a dozen or so in and out....try it again and you will be welcomed with open arms and hearts!

I posted to you earlier about Arimidex~ I am about to finish up 5 years and have had NO bad side effects at all!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • kevindee
    Options
    chenheart said:

CHAT
    Dee~
    If you don't have Java, you will have to install it to get into chat. What you are doing is correct~ you have gone to the right place, but without Java you won't make it past that place!
    I just came from chat; it is hopping with half a dozen or so in and out....try it again and you will be welcomed with open arms and hearts!

I posted to you earlier about Arimidex~ I am about to finish up 5 years and have had NO bad side effects at all!

Hugs,
    Claudia

praise god
    chenheart do you have any other health problems. i have sugar and high blood p, sometimes goes low. i also have some heart blockage and they took my pacemaker out to do rad. im reallly nervous about the amiridex. i'm going for a second opinion about it next week. have you ever heard of the melvin simon cancer center in indy ind. im going to a very small cancer center now. how about you.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    kevindee said:

praise god
    chenheart do you have any other health problems. i have sugar and high blood p, sometimes goes low. i also have some heart blockage and they took my pacemaker out to do rad. im reallly nervous about the amiridex. i'm going for a second opinion about it next week. have you ever heard of the melvin simon cancer center in indy ind. im going to a very small cancer center now. how about you.

Arimidex
    I fortunately do not have any other health problems, and Arimidex is the only medication I take. I am not in treatment any longer, and will be finished with the Arimidex in January.
    Speak to your Dr with the concerns you are having regarding taking Arimidex~ hopefully you will get all of the answers you need to make you feel comfortable with your health care decisions. I live in California, by the way...

Hugs,
    Claudia