MY HUSBAND IS NED

JMARIE66
JMARIE66 Member Posts: 55
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I just wanted to post and tell everyone that my husband is NED. He was diagnosed stage 3b
11-30-07. Surgery 12-6 remove tumor and 15" of his colon. Started Chemo (folfox) 1-30-08...last chemo 7-31-08. Had ct scan last Friday and he is clean!! We will see his doctor on 10-11-08 and he wants to discuss taking out the port. What a different mood the holidays will be this year. We have 3 children 15, 13, and 11 and I think we all appreciate and value our family time and life so much more. I read the posts here multiple times a day..my prayers are with each and everyone here.

Comments

• lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Hip, hip, hooray!
    So glad to hear the wonderful news!!!!
    Blessings to your family.
    Lisa
  • bigCrandy
    bigCrandy Member Posts: 75
    Fantastic
    Isn't it just wonderful to hear those words of encouragement and to finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. It's a long difficult road but getting there is a special feeling. Knowing the results and that the cancer is in remission with a chance to remove that mediport, I can only say hallelujah! Amen. Life is Good. Way to go. Best wishes, love, Randy
  • ruggersocks
    ruggersocks Member Posts: 78 Member
    Congratulations!
    What

Congratulations!

What wonderful news. definitely a good time for a awesome celebration :)

hugs,
    Cheryl
  • jenhopesprays
    jenhopesprays Member Posts: 128 Member
    Yippeeeeeee
    Go JMarie,

I'm so happy for you all.

Yahoo!!

Super corny poem dedicated to your husband:

Ned, Ned, Ned.
    He is stuck in my head.
    Cancer warriors all agree
    Its an anacromyn that brings pure glee

You can talk up Harry, or Mike or Fred
    But when all is said and done
    I really like NED!

Hugs,

Jennifer
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Happy
    I'm SO happy for your family. I was diagnosed last November, as well, and I'm so looking forward to getting to enjoy Thanksgiving and Christmas this year.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • valeriec
    valeriec Member Posts: 348 Member
    So Happy
    So happy for your husband and your entire family. What wonderful news. God bless and enjoy every second. May he stay NED forever. The leaves are starting to change here in Colorado. Nights are getting CRISP and mornings are even CRISPIER. Don't know if that is a word. It is hard to believe that the holidays are right around the corner. I know you all will treasure them this year.
    Valerie
  • msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    NED!
    That is AWESOME news and perfect timing! Enjoy the holidays and your newfound understanding of what's REALLY important in life!
    Mary
  • hopefulone
    hopefulone Member Posts: 1,043 Member
    WOOHOO!
    Terrific News!! Thanks for sharing
    GOD BLESS
    Diane
  • lfondots63
    lfondots63 Member Posts: 818 Member
    Congrats!!!
    I understand about the holidays issue. I was dx 5 days before Christmas and got out of the hospital Christmas day (2005). Holidays were very hard. Enjoy and celebrate!!! Give all your kids extra hugs too. I know that it helped me all the time to just give them a hug 'because'.

Lisa F
  • jenalynet
    jenalynet Member Posts: 361 Member
    good news
    I love reading good news especially the NED posts. Audrey.