Beat endometrial cancer 1C without surgery? is it possible? ...please help

Is there anybody out there who survived endometrial cancer WITHOUT having surgery?

I am 25 years old with stage 1c - I am supposed to have surgery VERY soon. Have already had second and third opinions about this, but...

Is there anybody out there who survived endometrial cancer WITHOUT having surgery?
It's not nerves, and I know I'm lucky to have this option, but I am feeling really against it and I just have to know if there is anyone who beat this (or kept it at bay) using alternative methods, radical diet and lifestyle change, etc...

Please let me know ASAP. Thank you.

Comments

• kmygil
    kmygil Member Posts: 876 Member
    Surgery
    Hi.

I don't know anyone who has beaten endometrial cancer without surgery. I know you are very young and this is a horrible thing for someone your age. But think about the long-term outcome. You can have a good long life ahead. If it's children you are thinking about, there are alternatives. However, your life is at stake here, and you should take this very, very seriously.

Praying for you,
    Kirsten
  • mariadiana
    mariadiana Member Posts: 2
    Hi Kristen
    Thanks for your response, Kristen -

This is Maria's husband...I'm writing you from the waiting room. She just had surgery and it went very, very well. I think the advice that you gave is excellent. She knew when posted that message that she would probobly have to do the surgery but was just fishing to see if there was any other possibility.

But we agree with you completely that while surgery is something to be taken seriously, it is an important and effective step in the battle that may be needed for many people.

Thanks again!