I'm back...WHEW!

Options
KathiM
KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
So, just got back from Holland last night...with a raging case of stomach flu (NOT a good thing to have on a 10-hour plus, nonstop flight...lol!).

The house in Holland is now secure, and ready for us to put our 6 months here/6 months there plan into place...don't know if or when, I still have my mother here, and she is not completely well.

Sadly, we returned to news that our one remaining cat has gone missing...sigh...

I thought many times about you all...but I was on VERY slow dialup computer access, so this site wouldn't even load correctly...

I send my hugs,

hugs, Kathi

Comments

• Madre
    Madre Member Posts: 123
    Options
    So sorry you got sick!!
    So sorry you got sick!! Holland sounds so pretty. Will you be there in the spring when the tulips are in bloom? Welcome back. :)
  • jenhopesprays
    jenhopesprays Member Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Welcome Home!
    I for one

Welcome Home!

I for one missed your helpful comments, great sense of humor, Kathi hugs and well just YOU. You will have to get better internet in Holland. :)

Jennifer
  • lfondots63
    lfondots63 Member Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Welcome Back!!!
    I agree with the better internet in Holland! We missed you!!

Sorry about your cat. Hopefully mom can get better? HUGS.

Now where are the pretty pics of holland??

Lisa F
  • msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    welcome back
    Kathi, I am sorry to hear of your cat going missing, hopefully he will wander to a good home while you are away! Also hope your mom gets better quick, and don't even want to IMAGINE what that flight was like for you; i imagine you were ready to kiss the ground once you got off that plane! My ex DH (winks to Katie) traveled to Holland and brought back some nice pics; it really is pretty out there.
    Mary
  • Faith4Cure
    Faith4Cure Member Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Welcome Home
    Welcome home, Kathi! Hope you are feeling better soon!
  • crazylady
    crazylady Member Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Hope you're feeling better!
    Hi Kathi,

I'm glad you're back, but so sorry you came home sick.
    Take care and feel better!
    Jamie
  • Kanort
    Kanort Member Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Hi Kathi!
    Welcome home and back to Computer Land!!! I'm sorry about your cat. Maybe he/she was on vacation too and will show back up. I hope so.

Hugs,

Kay
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all!
    So, to add to the story, I nearly passed out at a computer client's on Thursday. They bundled me in their car to the hospital, where I sat for a few (!) hours to find out that I was dehydrated...not a good thing for we sensitive folks (lol). They also found a slight heart problem (probably from the Adriamycin...worse from the lack of fluids) but after monitoring and a bollus of saline, I was on my way (oh, yeah, and they offered Fentinol...I told them I was driving, they retracted the offer...rofl!).

Doing better today, still a bit under, but am taking it easy...

Hugs,
    Kathi

PS, the faster internet in Holland has been ordered...yea!!!!