overwhelmed

Options
carlaw
carlaw Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hello all! Im new to this web site. Glad to have found it, seems like a great way to share all. Since we have to bare all. The whole privacy and modisty days are over for me. After being dinosed with DCIS in my right breast and after recoverying.....LCIS in my left breast.Tamox for a month then off of it due to side effects. I have learned that life goes on........and sometimes you just have a bad day. Today is one of those for me.I have my 3rd surgery coming up. This will be the easy one, but for some reason, I'm scared and not looking forword to the meds, pain and recovery.I'm losing my house due to being off work for a few months. Finances have been really hard. So before I lose my house Im moving before my surgury. Back to renting...... Listen to me, I sound so negitive and dark. I swear, I mostly have a great outlook and positive attitude.It's just one of those days. does anyone know of web sites/organizations to help pay bills and cost of living expenses?

Tomorrows a new day!

Comments

• base61ball
    base61ball Member Posts: 125
    Options
    Financial help
    Try the American Cancer Society - register with the website and they will send you a complete list for your area of anyone who has resources and what they do. Also contact CancerCare to see if they can help. I have applied wherever I can and some have been able to help. Also check with the hospital you are being treated at. They have social workers that might have some avenues as well.

I know what you are going through - lost my job half way thru chemo so have been struggling along with unemployment - which is too high of an income for food stamps or medicaid in Florida. So far, I am hanging in.

It will get better - just do what you need to do at the time and contact every agency you can - its time consuming but you can get help on rides to dr appts etc. Please know my prayers are with you and write and let us know how you are doing. This is the best site in the universe for us.
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Options
    Welcome to the site Carlaw.
    Welcome to the site Carlaw. I'm sorry you are having such a tough go of things but please don't apologize for being negative. I'm sure your uneasiness about your 3rd surgery is due to the stress involved in losing your home, financial difficulties and dealing with cancer all at once. Mind boggling!!

I'm sorry I can't help you with any organizations but I just want to tell you that we're thinking of you and hope your situation improves.

Good luck
    jan
  • jannyfran
    jannyfran Member Posts: 33
    Options

Financial help
    Try the American Cancer Society - register with the website and they will send you a complete list for your area of anyone who has resources and what they do. Also contact CancerCare to see if they can help. I have applied wherever I can and some have been able to help. Also check with the hospital you are being treated at. They have social workers that might have some avenues as well.

I know what you are going through - lost my job half way thru chemo so have been struggling along with unemployment - which is too high of an income for food stamps or medicaid in Florida. So far, I am hanging in.

It will get better - just do what you need to do at the time and contact every agency you can - its time consuming but you can get help on rides to dr appts etc. Please know my prayers are with you and write and let us know how you are doing. This is the best site in the universe for us.

just thought i would ask
    Base61ball, where in Florida are you? I'm in the Orlando area now, but will be relocating to the Kissimmee/Poinciana are in a few months.

Hope all is going as well as can be.

Hugs and Prayers,

Janny
  • base61ball
    base61ball Member Posts: 125
    Options
    jannyfran said:

just thought i would ask
    Base61ball, where in Florida are you? I'm in the Orlando area now, but will be relocating to the Kissimmee/Poinciana are in a few months.

Hope all is going as well as can be.

Hugs and Prayers,

Janny

Just thought I would ask
    I live in Orlando. Just curious - why are you relocating to Kissimmee? They seem to get all the bad weather, flooding and storm stuff.
  • jannyfran
    jannyfran Member Posts: 33
    Options

Just thought I would ask
    I live in Orlando. Just curious - why are you relocating to Kissimmee? They seem to get all the bad weather, flooding and storm stuff.

small world
    good morning base61ball,

we are moving to kissimmee/poinciana area since we bought a house there.

how are you this morning?

hugs, blessings and prayers to you,

janny
  • kbc4869
    kbc4869 Member Posts: 159
    Options
    Help
    Hi There,

I attended ACS training yesterday as a volunteer, and I asked the coordinators point blank where you can go for finanical assistance. Apparently, there is a program sponsored by Avon that will send you a check for $225 within a week. I know it's not much, but everything helps, right? I went online and looked for it on the Avon site. I can't find it to save my life, but they did have a link for general "Financial Assistance" numbers and programs. It is here: http://www.cancercare.org/get_help/assistance/index.php

At least it's a starting place. I hope this helps, and I wish you lots of luck.

Love and Hugs,
    Kim