Any Triple Negatives?

Options
acorn
acorn Member Posts: 6
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi,

I am a two time survivor of triple neg bc and wondered if any other triple negs were on this board?

Comments

• Derbygirl
    Derbygirl Member Posts: 198
    Options
    I'm nearly triple negative
    I'm nearly triple negative (5% ER) and Her2 positive (10%). Diagnosed with invasive BC and had lumpectomy plus re-excision. Appointment with Oncologist tomorrow and not sure what treatment will be. What treatment did you have?
  • acorn
    Options
    Derbygirl said:

I'm nearly triple negative
    I'm nearly triple negative (5% ER) and Her2 positive (10%). Diagnosed with invasive BC and had lumpectomy plus re-excision. Appointment with Oncologist tomorrow and not sure what treatment will be. What treatment did you have?

Triple Negative
    Hi Derbygirl,

Well I have had it twice. The first time I had Lump., ACT and rads. Last year it came back so had 6 Taxotere and a double mastectomy. I am brca 1 positive.

Let me know what you find out and what therapy you will be doing and I wish you all the best for a smooth journey.
  • kkuklin
    kkuklin Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Triple Negative
    Hello there. I am a 40 year old with 4 children. Ages 19, 12, 10, 7. I was diagnosed in February, 08 with BC. Invasive Ductal Carcinoma - Stage II - 1 lymphnode and a Triple Negative.. I had a bilateral mastectomy and my left side lymphnodes removed. Did I forget anything?? :) I just finished my last round of chemotherapy on 8/13.. I had 4 weeks of the "hard, nasty stuff" and 12 weeks of taxol. I was also in a clinical study of avastin (evastin) sp?? The study protocol gave me 8 weeks of a break where I wanted to have reconstruction (latisimus flap and tissue expanders)... Unfortunately, there was not enough time inbetween to stay on the study and have surgery. Soooooo, I am trying to make a very informed decision on whether to put off my reconstruction, which I desperately want to have, and to stay on the trial for another 6 months or to go ahead with reconstruction and start living again.

This is my decision, however, hearing from someone out there who has gone through what I have experienced seems to be a step in the right direction.

Thank you
  • acorn
    Options
    kkuklin said:

Triple Negative
    Hello there. I am a 40 year old with 4 children. Ages 19, 12, 10, 7. I was diagnosed in February, 08 with BC. Invasive Ductal Carcinoma - Stage II - 1 lymphnode and a Triple Negative.. I had a bilateral mastectomy and my left side lymphnodes removed. Did I forget anything?? :) I just finished my last round of chemotherapy on 8/13.. I had 4 weeks of the "hard, nasty stuff" and 12 weeks of taxol. I was also in a clinical study of avastin (evastin) sp?? The study protocol gave me 8 weeks of a break where I wanted to have reconstruction (latisimus flap and tissue expanders)... Unfortunately, there was not enough time inbetween to stay on the study and have surgery. Soooooo, I am trying to make a very informed decision on whether to put off my reconstruction, which I desperately want to have, and to stay on the trial for another 6 months or to go ahead with reconstruction and start living again.

This is my decision, however, hearing from someone out there who has gone through what I have experienced seems to be a step in the right direction.

Thank you

Triple Negative
    Hi Kkuklin,

I also belong to a great and informative forum, http://www.tnbcfoundation.org and hope you will come over and say hello. There are several women who are using Avastin in trials or thinking about it. This forum is strictly triple neg and it is packed full of information, support, women who will jump right in and try to help.

I can understand your wanting to get your reconstruction done. These trials are set up for a certain criteria and so you are now faced with a dilemna. :) I wish I could help but it has to be your decision. I really admire women who do trials so that they can better learn more about what will work for triple negative bc since we are so limited with chemo/rads. We need a targeted treatment.

Let us know what you decide and I hope to see you on the TNBC forum soon!
  • slcleveland
    slcleveland Member Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm one, too!!
    I have been out of treatment for 5 months and had my second surgery on a second primary tumor last November 8. That surgery was a left breast mastectomy. I actually had growing cancer cells while I was in the middle of chemo and found the very small tumor accidentally. My first tumor was found through mammography and couldn't be felt. I had to have a needle localization before the lumpectomy. Had the mastectomy between chemo and 7 weeks of radiation. I have stage 3B, triple-negative ductal carcinoma. My doctors tried to throw the hormone therapy at me after radiation, even though they thought there was possibly no benefit, because I am such high-risk. My oncologist just wanted me on something. The bone pain I had with each one was unbearable, so currently, I am on nothing. You may reach me at slcleveland@eriecoast.com
  • mjfromtx
    mjfromtx Member Posts: 49
    Options

I'm one, too!!
    I have been out of treatment for 5 months and had my second surgery on a second primary tumor last November 8. That surgery was a left breast mastectomy. I actually had growing cancer cells while I was in the middle of chemo and found the very small tumor accidentally. My first tumor was found through mammography and couldn't be felt. I had to have a needle localization before the lumpectomy. Had the mastectomy between chemo and 7 weeks of radiation. I have stage 3B, triple-negative ductal carcinoma. My doctors tried to throw the hormone therapy at me after radiation, even though they thought there was possibly no benefit, because I am such high-risk. My oncologist just wanted me on something. The bone pain I had with each one was unbearable, so currently, I am on nothing. You may reach me at slcleveland@eriecoast.com

also triple neg
    I just found out i am a triple neg also. I have had a mastectomy with one pos lymph node. I begin taxetere, adriacytin, cytan Thursday the 25th of Sept for six cycles. I'm going to check out the web site you mentioned for triple negs. Thanks!