Our Emails, etc are NOT lost!!!!! Honestly!

Options
chenheart
chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I, like you, have been through so much since my dx way back in 2003. I need not mention all of the treatment, etc, as you had them too! One thing which kept me grounded was the sent and received emails from my friends here on CSN. Since 2003 I have never, ever deleted any of the mail I got~ nor those I sent. When I noticed they were gone, it hit me so hard, that I honestly fell apart and cried as much as when I was first diagnosed. Sadly, some of those who wrote to me are no longer with us, having lost their courageous battle with the Beast. That their emails were gone, truly devastated me.

I sent a few emails~ to the site administrator, and to another CSN employee who forwarded my empassioned query to the "powers that be". Three things happened~ I got 2 repsonse emails, AND a phone call from ACS/CSN in Atlanta! Our emails, etc are indeed archived, and have neither been lost nor deleted!!! They will eventually be migrated back to us, though it may take a bit of time to get that accomplished. I was sooo relieved, as you might imagine! Even if it takes longer than I would like, I am settled in my heart. My frinds still exist. Of course I know that they would never leave my heart, but you know what I mean. Their words got me through some of my darkest, scariest hours.

I hope this helps you all as well! I am also one not particularly liking the new way the boards especially are set up; it was a not-broke-but-got- fixed-anyway situation as far as I am concerned!

Love seeing your faces...and could my family picture be any smaller? LOL perhaps its time I posted a new one!

Hugs,
Claudia

Comments

• Joycelouise
    Joycelouise Member Posts: 482
    Options
    Chen, you have saved us! I
    Chen, you have saved us! I too feel very connected to my mails. Knowing they will be restored - Hallelujah. And so here I have to say...I think...I like...the new board. It has taken me a while. I like the photos by the posts. I like the SO MUCH improved respond window. I like the new speedier set up. I like seeing when there is a new post. I am kinda getting into the colors, too. Most of all, I am amazed to recognize (again) how much I like coming here. When the neighborhood looked different I got upset. But now I am relaxing, seeing that all my friends are still here. Phew. Thanks for your work. And, yeah, how bout a new picture? lol, still, Joyce
  • Eil4186
    Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
    Options
    Thank you.
    Claudia, thank you for investigating this for us! This is great news. Also, yes you need a new picture----we can't see your lovely, smiling face:o) Eileen
  • cabbott
    cabbott Member Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
    Thanks so much for checking where our lost emails went! While I've practically memorized the recipe you gave me and even wrote it down in my cookbook (something I almost never do), I still like knowing that it is in my email list should I ever need it. Thanks again!

C. Abbott
  • Joycelouise
    Joycelouise Member Posts: 482
    Options
    cabbott said:

Thanks!
    Thanks so much for checking where our lost emails went! While I've practically memorized the recipe you gave me and even wrote it down in my cookbook (something I almost never do), I still like knowing that it is in my email list should I ever need it. Thanks again!

C. Abbott

Sorry to be nosy, but what
    Sorry to be nosy, but what recipe? love, Joyce
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options

Sorry to be nosy, but what
    Sorry to be nosy, but what recipe? love, Joyce

Breakfast crepes with fresh
    Breakfast crepes with fresh fruit~ I think! Or maybe not! Which recipe was it Cabbott??? :-)
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    Thanks Chen
    You have no idea how upset I was also, when I realized my emails weren't there. I even had some numbers there which I never put in my phone book thinking they would always be available. Now, I know better. I think you do need to post a new picture and a close up at that so we can see your beautiful face. Love you Claudia, Lili
  • kbc4869
    kbc4869 Member Posts: 159
    Options
    Thanks Claudia!
    This is wonderful news. Thanks for looking into it for us. I feel complete again.

Hugs,
    Kim
  • NorcalJ
    NorcalJ Member Posts: 187
    Options
    kbc4869 said:

Thanks Claudia!
    This is wonderful news. Thanks for looking into it for us. I feel complete again.

Hugs,
    Kim

Private messages
    Hi Claudia,

Once again thanks for being the "squeeky wheel" that gets the answers. I'm having a hard time getting to the saved new messages since the site was changed. Unless I have a personal message, I don't seem to be able to look at that site. Nor am I able to send a personal message. There used to be something to click onto---am I just being dense (I'd like to claim chemo brain---but I think it's more being old and not very computer literate).
    Thanks for your help---on this and all the other "great" things that go along with fighting the beast!