has anyone ever had this problem

Options
mamasangel68
mamasangel68 Member Posts: 5
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
my name is sandy and im 39. i had my colon cancer surgery in oct of 2002. ive have lots of colonoscopies since then and they have removed lots of polyps. i just had to have a ct scan done because ive been doing lots of vomiting,diarreah, and pain. it showed polyps at the surgical region and at the distal part of the rectum especially at the sigmoid area. has anyone had lots of polyps ever time they have had a colonoscopy.

thanks,
sandy

Comments

• Monicaemilia
    Monicaemilia Member Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    C-Scan?
    Hi Sandy: I can't really respond to the number of polyps because I have a genetic condition called FAP where over 100 polyps line my large intestine. The only treatment is a full colectomy. However, I do have a question about C-scans. Have your doctors been following up with c-scans since your original surgery? Monica
  • mamasangel68
    Options

C-Scan?
    Hi Sandy: I can't really respond to the number of polyps because I have a genetic condition called FAP where over 100 polyps line my large intestine. The only treatment is a full colectomy. However, I do have a question about C-scans. Have your doctors been following up with c-scans since your original surgery? Monica

NO THEY HAVE JUST BEEN DOING COLONOSCOPIES. THE CT SCAN WAS DONE IN THE ER AND NOT ONLY DID THEY FIND THE POLYPS BUT MY RIGHT OVARY IS LARGER THAN THE LEFT AND LOOKS TO HAVE SOMETHING ON IT. NOT SURE IF ITS CYSTS OR WHAT.

SANDY
  • Monicaemilia
    Monicaemilia Member Posts: 455 Member
    Options

NO THEY HAVE JUST BEEN DOING COLONOSCOPIES. THE CT SCAN WAS DONE IN THE ER AND NOT ONLY DID THEY FIND THE POLYPS BUT MY RIGHT OVARY IS LARGER THAN THE LEFT AND LOOKS TO HAVE SOMETHING ON IT. NOT SURE IF ITS CYSTS OR WHAT.

SANDY

Sigh
    It is always frustrating to me that they don't follow up with c-scans. Well, at least, they are now doing that and just make sure that they do a thorough follow up. Please keep us posted. Monica
  • msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options

SANDY

Right ovary larger than the left
    Sandy, don't let your docs ignore the increased size of the ovary. Even though female cycles can result in enlargement of the ovaries, normally they return to normal size. They say that an ovary smaller than 7cm is normal during a woman's cycle, but all tumors that are larger than 7cm are at one time smaller than 7cm. We weren't watching the increased size of my ovary until a scan was interpreted as "a huge mass rising from the deep pelvis" which ultimately resulted in a tumor the size of a soccer ball when we finally did surgery, and it was a recurrence of my colon cancer. Yours is probably nothing, because seriously, if you do research, women's ovaries truly do change size on monthly cycles. Just a word of caution. And keep questioning on your behalf... sometimes you have to be your own best advocate. Mary
  • mamasangel68
    Options
    larger ovary
    IVE HAD A HYSTERECTOMY SO I DONT HAVE A CYCLE. COULD THAT MEAN SOMETHING?
  • larger ovary
    IVE HAD A HYSTERECTOMY SO I DONT HAVE A CYCLE. COULD THAT MEAN SOMETHING?

This comment has been removed by the Moderator