Still confused

Joycelouise
Joycelouise Member Posts: 482
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
How come I don't get two little molecule things with a plus sign by them next to my name? I don't know what it is for so I started making stuff up - are they supposed to be breasts? Should I have only one? I will get this all figured out someday soon. Love, Joyce

Comments

• Joycelouise
    Dear Joyce, I think the
    Dear Joyce, I think the little dots must be the graphic for adding to friends list and they don't have one for each of us, on our own computers. I guess they have never heard of being your own best friend! Now, I wonder what other stupid questions I can ask! love, Joyce
  • Survivor91807
    Survivor91807 Member Posts: 5

Dear Joyce, I think the
    Dear Joyce, I think the little dots must be the graphic for adding to friends list and they don't have one for each of us, on our own computers. I guess they have never heard of being your own best friend! Now, I wonder what other stupid questions I can ask! love, Joyce

Little dot
    LOL don't feel bad I just asked my son the same thing right b4 I read yours.
  • kbc4869
    kbc4869 Member Posts: 159
    Figured it out . . .
    Those little molecules with the plus sign next to the names let you add that person to your "buddy list." Now what that means, I have no idea. But I just added a bunch of you guys to mine to see what happens. It says it's going to notify you the next time you sign in?

Wow. This cancer stuff just gets harder and harder. Too bad I can't call my onc about this and ask him if this is all normal. LOL

Kim
  • ninjamom
    ninjamom Member Posts: 142
    STILL CONFUSED
    Hi Joyce

What molecules? Are you talking about the drawing next to your name? Don't feel bad, It has taken me 4 days to figure out how to reply and finally get my password to work.

Now I have to figure out how to add my picture!!! and the question is with or withour hair?
    Anyway...at least I can reply and post questions now. LOL

Patty
  • Jadie
    Jadie Member Posts: 723
    A Good Laugh
    Joyce

Thank you. You just gave me what I need. A good laugh. Wonder if we will ever figure out all this new stuff? I still haven't figured out how to stay in the chat room without getting booted out. lol
  • mgm42
    mgm42 Member Posts: 491 Member
    You're so funny.....
    You are such a nut - I think that's why I love you. Those molecules are actually icons for "people" and the + sign is there so you can add that person to your "My Friends" list. But before you add someone, you will be informed that they will be contacted telling them that YOU have selected them to be your "friend." So I ask you - what if I want someone to be my friend, but they don't want me??????? Good grief.....my Charlie Brown complex is showing. Hugs, The Hampster.
  • Joycelouise
    mgm42 said:

You're so funny.....
    You are such a nut - I think that's why I love you. Those molecules are actually icons for "people" and the + sign is there so you can add that person to your "My Friends" list. But before you add someone, you will be informed that they will be contacted telling them that YOU have selected them to be your "friend." So I ask you - what if I want someone to be my friend, but they don't want me??????? Good grief.....my Charlie Brown complex is showing. Hugs, The Hampster.

Yep, I feel a little funny
    Yep, I feel a little funny about it too. Like passing out birthday party invitations in 5th grade. Do we need an rsvp for buddy placement? But rest assured, Hamp. - you will always be my buddy! love, Joyce
  • Joycelouise
    Jadie said:

A Good Laugh
    Joyce

Thank you. You just gave me what I need. A good laugh. Wonder if we will ever figure out all this new stuff? I still haven't figured out how to stay in the chat room without getting booted out. lol

I gave myself a laugh too.
    I gave myself a laugh too. Like Marilyn, (see below) I have my little insecurities. When I first saw that I had no icon next to my name I thought I might have inadvertantly pushed an unlisted number button. Then I figured it out and laughed. We WILL figure all of this out, because we need each other AND the laughs. love, JOyce
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    JoyceLouise,
    You're

JoyceLouise,

You're confused???? I am looking at the posts and I notice that I think I am the ONLY one without the icon next to my name!!! Does that mean I am soo popular that there is no room for the icon? Or, the alternative~ I don't have any friends? Good thing this is the Internet, or my feelings might be hurt! LOL

We will get this all figured out~ I'm just glad we can communnicate once again, no matter how confusing it might be!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • Joycelouise
    chenheart said:

JoyceLouise,
    You're

JoyceLouise,

You're confused???? I am looking at the posts and I notice that I think I am the ONLY one without the icon next to my name!!! Does that mean I am soo popular that there is no room for the icon? Or, the alternative~ I don't have any friends? Good thing this is the Internet, or my feelings might be hurt! LOL

We will get this all figured out~ I'm just glad we can communnicate once again, no matter how confusing it might be!

Hugs,
    Claudia

Each of us, at our homes,
    Each of us, at our homes, does not have the icon by our names. Because, we can not add ourselves to our buddy list. That was what was confusing me at first. Funny how the mind jumps to conclusions. But hey, we are a bunch of women that got bad news at our mammograms. Makes us kind of suspicious! Funny, but that kind of suspicion is something I can not get rid of. Even at work, now I worry about little things. Part of me sees the "big" picture after DX and another part of me is scared about the little things. Oh, middle ground...how I miss you!
    But of course, as long as we have each other, the icons are not to be worried about. Love, Joyce
  • survivor51
    survivor51 Member Posts: 276
    Stupid Me was it a double plus size breast?
    Oh my gosh, when reading your question, I was wondering what was a molecule and why the doctor had put a plus on your breast. After reading everyones response, I conclude you are talking about the site and not your breast. I figured you were a double plus size....hehehhee
  • Joycelouise

Stupid Me was it a double plus size breast?
    Oh my gosh, when reading your question, I was wondering what was a molecule and why the doctor had put a plus on your breast. After reading everyones response, I conclude you are talking about the site and not your breast. I figured you were a double plus size....hehehhee

I am afraid the molecule
    I am afraid the molecule icon would be more appropriate for my breast. Oh, well, that's what reconstruction is for! I'll bring the icon in to inspire my plas. surgeon. lol, Joyce