Lung Surgery - Well It's done....

Options
Monicaemilia
Monicaemilia Member Posts: 455 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi everyone: I had 15 nodules removed from both my lungs last Thursday. Unfortunately there is still one remaining that they think can probably be dealt with radiation, and one that was removed but he is not positive he was able to get clear margins. I just seem to feel a little lighter, and a LOT sorer (is that a word?). I am just a little worried that everything from the bottom of my skull and top of my shoulders are really sore right now. I was sent home with exercises, but I was wondering if there are any lung resectees (is that a word?) that may have had similar experiences. Monica

Comments

• libris
    libris Member Posts: 23
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations!
    Wow! Congratulations! I have surgery scheduled on 9/9 but they are doing one lung at a time. I wish I had some experienced help to give you. I'm sure that in a couple of weeks I'll be back here looking for answers.
    Cynthia
  • betina61
    betina61 Member Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Hi Monica, I'm so glad that
    Hi Monica, I'm so glad that surgery is over, I admire you so much, you are such a warrior and an inspiration to all of us,and I'm sure that you will conquer this desease,others have done it and you will too. I'll be praying for that.
  • taraHK
    taraHK Member Posts: 1,952 Member
    Options
    8 weeks post and feeling GOOD!
    Congratulations! on completing the surgery! That is great. I had lung surgery 8 weeks ago. Mine was less invasive than yours. Yes, I was VERY sore afterwards. But, it does get better! I promise! I am now totally pain-free and feel back to normal. I'm back to my regular exercise routine. You will feel a little better each day (or, most days). I noticed a big change at about one month post-surgery. I know that sounds like a long time! Most of my pain was not from the incisions but more internal. I had to remind myself that they had to pull my ribs apart -- and I think the discomfort was similar to someone with broken ribs. Are you able to walk? I walked every day (slowly at first!) and I feel that really helped my recovery. Unfortunately, lying down (and turning over in bed - ouch!) was the most uncomfortable for me.....I am sending huge best wishes your way -- for a speedy and uncomplicated recovery......Tara
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Yay for getting through the
    Yay for getting through the surgery so well. You're an inspiration!
  • usakat
    usakat Member Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Nice to see you, Monica!
    I'm so glad to hear your surgery went well. My mom and my uncle had lung surgery and were sore for several weeks afterwards, but both are doing quite well, so yes, it will get better. You have been through so much...just give it a little time...

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers for healing, renewed health, and lots of love and happiness. Keep us posted...

Katie
  • impactzone
    impactzone Member Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    taraHK said:

8 weeks post and feeling GOOD!
    Congratulations! on completing the surgery! That is great. I had lung surgery 8 weeks ago. Mine was less invasive than yours. Yes, I was VERY sore afterwards. But, it does get better! I promise! I am now totally pain-free and feel back to normal. I'm back to my regular exercise routine. You will feel a little better each day (or, most days). I noticed a big change at about one month post-surgery. I know that sounds like a long time! Most of my pain was not from the incisions but more internal. I had to remind myself that they had to pull my ribs apart -- and I think the discomfort was similar to someone with broken ribs. Are you able to walk? I walked every day (slowly at first!) and I feel that really helped my recovery. Unfortunately, lying down (and turning over in bed - ouch!) was the most uncomfortable for me.....I am sending huge best wishes your way -- for a speedy and uncomplicated recovery......Tara

Congrats from a lung surgery
    Congrats from a lung surgery survivor as well. It does get better! taraHK how are you? Hope all went well at Stanford.
    Impactzone
  • hopefulone
    hopefulone Member Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Glad it's over for you too
    Monica, glad this hurdle is over for you. You are such an inspiration . Wishing you a speedy recovery and keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

God Bless
    Diane