What have you been doing while the site was down ?

Options
Bill.S
Bill.S Member Posts: 177
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Here in SW Florida we tried to have a hurricane but it ran to the east coast. I was SO pissed off that on Monday I decided to let my platelet count crash to 35. On Tuesday, I had a small bleeding problem - that wouldn't stop bleeding so I called Dr ONC and he sent me to hospital for a platelet transfusion. Pre transfusion they did another CBC and they were down to 20. Lots of fun instead of watching the hurricane.
Sooooooooooo what have y'all been up to?????
Bill S 57 yr old MAN who HAD breast cancer and is living through chemo

Comments

• chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Get a new hobby, will ya? :-)
    First you HAD breast cancer, and then you HAD a period? Bill, has anyone mentioned to you that you may be way, way too in touch with your Feminine Side? :-)

I imagine you started feeling better almost immediately; I hope so, anyway!

I had a birthday party while the site was down~ I called it "Belly Up To The Gazpacho Bar"~ I made Gazpacho ( duh) with 10 optional toppings, sangria and non alcoholic beverages, brick oven marguerite pizzas and LOTS of fun and laughing! I highly recommend it!

My advice is, have as many birthday parties as you possibly can~ the more the better! It sure beats the alternative.

Be well, good friend!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    Boy Bill that would be a
    Boy Bill that would be a first. A man having period???? Hahaha. Anyway, I hope you're feeling better and know that this too will pass. Hope you had a great Birthday, Hugs, Lili
  • Bill.S
    Options
    chenheart said:

Get a new hobby, will ya? :-)
    First you HAD breast cancer, and then you HAD a period? Bill, has anyone mentioned to you that you may be way, way too in touch with your Feminine Side? :-)

I imagine you started feeling better almost immediately; I hope so, anyway!

I had a birthday party while the site was down~ I called it "Belly Up To The Gazpacho Bar"~ I made Gazpacho ( duh) with 10 optional toppings, sangria and non alcoholic beverages, brick oven marguerite pizzas and LOTS of fun and laughing! I highly recommend it!

My advice is, have as many birthday parties as you possibly can~ the more the better! It sure beats the alternative.

Be well, good friend!

Hugs,
    Claudia

HAVE or HAD
    definately want many more birthdays. The bleeding was a small rectal 'roid that wasn't too pleasant but the platelet transfusion took care of the clotting problem. We HAD the discussion previously regarding the HAVE or HAD attitude toward our cancer and I chose HAD.I'm just going through chemo to prevent it from returning. The surgeon removed the nasty stuff and threw it away.
    Bill
  • Bill.S
    Options

Boy Bill that would be a
    Boy Bill that would be a first. A man having period???? Hahaha. Anyway, I hope you're feeling better and know that this too will pass. Hope you had a great Birthday, Hugs, Lili

non-stop bleeding from
    non-stop bleeding from anywhere is no fun but from my butt it was as close as I'll ever get to a period.
  • Joycelouise
    Joycelouise Member Posts: 482
    Options
    I need to put a subject on a reply?
    Took a trip down to LA and tried to leave C behind. A couple of time I caught it trying to pass me on the freeway, but I hit the gas and left it in the dust.
    Now that I am back I am realizing what an old fuddy duddy I have become....can't quite adjust to the changes on the board! I like seeing everybody's pictures (Eileen, you are gorgeous!) but feel a little funny looking at myself on my posts. Maybe I will get a better picture. That should be no problem now that my hair is ONE INCH long and just looks SO good. LOL. But changes or no changes, I had a hard time getting by without you, my friends. Guess we'll just pick up where we left off. Love, Joyce
  • Joycelouise
    Joycelouise Member Posts: 482
    Options
    I need to put a subject on a reply?
    Took a trip down to LA and tried to leave C behind. A couple of time I caught it trying to pass me on the freeway, but I hit the gas and left it in the dust.
    Now that I am back I am realizing what an old fuddy duddy I have become....can't quite adjust to the changes on the board! I like seeing everybody's pictures (Eileen, you are gorgeous!) but feel a little funny looking at myself on my posts. Maybe I will get a better picture. That should be no problem now that my hair is ONE INCH long and just looks SO good. LOL. But changes or no changes, I had a hard time getting by without you, my friends. Guess we'll just pick up where we left off. Love, Joyce