Staging...

Options
CR1954
CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi,
Could someone please decipher my path. report for me?

Tumor size 4 x 3 x 2.5
pathologic stage: pT2 pN2 pMX

I admit, I'm lost....just looking for stage, as that is what everyone keeps asking me.

CR

Comments

• tlmac
    tlmac Member Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    The first number, T2, indicates your tumor is stage II. The second number, N2, indicates two lymph nodes were affected. Those two numbers together make you stage IIb (2b). Hope this helps.
    terri
  • CR1954
    Options
    Oh thanks Terri!

I'm sure the doctor would have been happy to explain, but I was trying to take in all of the info. she was giving me, regarding treatment.

I never thought to ask her to decipher the report for me.

I appreciate your help!

CR
  • tlmac
    tlmac Member Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    CR1954 said:

Oh thanks Terri!

I'm sure the doctor would have been happy to explain, but I was trying to take in all of the info. she was giving me, regarding treatment.

I never thought to ask her to decipher the report for me.

I appreciate your help!

CR

Should have also mentioned that stages I & II are considered "early stage" breast cancer. I was stage II when diagnosed 5 years ago (and counting). Best of luck with your treatment.
    terri
  • CR1954
    Options
    Oh thanks for the encouragement!

I had modified radical mastectomy and lymph nodes removed last week. Drains came out today & am meeting with chemo oncologist soon and the doctor also wants me to have radiation after that.

It has certainly been a roller coaster ride that I would have preferred to miss, but I guess that holds true for everyone here.

I am very happy that you are doing well! I am hoping that I have a good outcome also!

CR
  • CR1954 said:

Oh thanks for the encouragement!

I had modified radical mastectomy and lymph nodes removed last week. Drains came out today & am meeting with chemo oncologist soon and the doctor also wants me to have radiation after that.

It has certainly been a roller coaster ride that I would have preferred to miss, but I guess that holds true for everyone here.

I am very happy that you are doing well! I am hoping that I have a good outcome also!

CR

CR, if I didn't know better I would think I was reading my own post (if I could have posted back in the 'dark ages' when I was first diagnosed).
    I had exactly the same type, stage, etc breast cancer you have with node involvement.
    I had modified radical mastectomies, chemo, rads, and tamoxifen. So what?
    Well, just by way of encouragement, I wanted to tell you that I was 38 when first diagnosed back in 1986, and this summer I turned 60!
    You do what needs to be done girl, then get on with what you WANT to do! God bless.
  • Jadie
    Jadie Member Posts: 723
    Options
    Hi CR

I too am stage 2 with 2 nodes involved. I had a lumpectomy, chemo, and rads. That was 5yrs ago this month.

Keep us posted as to how you are doing. (Is 1954 the year you were born? I was.)
  • CR1954
    Options
    unknown said:

CR, if I didn't know better I would think I was reading my own post (if I could have posted back in the 'dark ages' when I was first diagnosed).
    I had exactly the same type, stage, etc breast cancer you have with node involvement.
    I had modified radical mastectomies, chemo, rads, and tamoxifen. So what?
    Well, just by way of encouragement, I wanted to tell you that I was 38 when first diagnosed back in 1986, and this summer I turned 60!
    You do what needs to be done girl, then get on with what you WANT to do! God bless.

Oh, thank you for all of the encouragement! It means a great deal to me!

Once I got past the panic stage, and moved on to the acceptace stage, things got easier.

I got a doctor whom I have great faith in and who is very good at what she does. And I truly have confidence in her. And she is pointing me in the direction of other good doctors to handle the chemo & radiation.

So, I have a pretty positive attitude...most of the time. I have my moments of course, like we all do, where the tears come. But for the most part, hearing about all of the successes...like your own, I stay in a good frame of mind.

Yes Jadie, 1954 is the year I was born. And I have two awesome, young grandkids who inspire me to keep putting one foot in front of the other and be a success story in my own right!

CR