Postop visit tomorrow

Options
Derbygirl
Derbygirl Member Posts: 198
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Looking forward to good news tomorrow after lumpectomy and 2 surgeries to get clean margins. Thought I would never say that I'm ready to get on with chemo and radiation, but I am. It's been 8 weeks since the original lumpectomy and I'm getting worried about timing. If margins are positive for cancer cells, mastectomy will be recommended. What happens next? What should I expect? We have a weekend getaway planned for next week if good news. Keep your fingers crossed.

Comments

• cabbott
    cabbott Member Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Best wishes your way that the margins are clean and you can go on to the next step.If not, do the weekend anyway! It sounds like fun and fun things help us get through the rest of this. Good luck!

C. Abbott
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    I wholeheartedly agree with Cabbott~ regardless of the news, go away for the weekend! Grab hold of the good things as they avail themselves to you; it is as important to your well-being as anything else. And sometimes, even more important!

We'll keep our collective fingers crossed~ keep us posted!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • seof
    seof Member Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I absolutely agree that you should get away if you feel up to it physically, and it fits between trips to the Dr. Live life as well as you can for as long as you can.

I wish you all the best. seof
  • survivor51
    survivor51 Member Posts: 276
    Options
    I agree that no matter what to enjoy the get a way. If the margins are clear, great, but if not and you have a mastectomy, it isn't that bad. I had a bilateral March of 2007, the cancer went through the nodes in the left and was contained in the right. I'm doing very well and did have reconstruction. In my case, I ran into some complications and they did 3 reconstructions but that is extremely rare. I had my last one last week and thrilled with having breast. The nipple area looks good and in 6 weeks, they will build them. I have learned that I enjoy each day for the day. I laugh a lot, have slowed my life down completely, love stronger, rarely get ticked off over stupid stuff. I did not know what tomorrow would bring before I had cancer and still don't. I do know that had made me reevaluate my life and have taken all those "monkeys and suitcases" we tend to drag around and thrown them away. I breath much better and find that I smile a lot. With the chemo, I did lose my hair but it has grown back, I drank lots of water during chemo and that helped a lot. During my sessions, I brought great videos to watch in my lap and asked friends to drop by for laughs. Take care, enjoy your time off and let us know how the report goes. Angela