I have more questions!!!!!! HELP!!!

Options
babebussie
babebussie Member Posts: 150
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Well, i had my last chemo treatment friday, started back at work on the 28th after 7 months and the Dr.say's i'll have to do 5weeks of rads just as extra protection because i had lymph node involvement. So....my blood work is GREAT!! Markers at 16..Horray. Anyway, the Dr.wants to do a CT scan just to make sure all is good in there. I'm scared again. I hate test because i loose sleep waiting on results. She feels good about the outcome because the blood test markers are good but i guess i want someone to reassure me that i'm tripping for nothing. She say's after this test i'll start the radiation then i'll be on tamoxifen for 5yrs. Does anyone have any words of comfort.

Comments

• ninjamom
    ninjamom Member Posts: 142
    Options
    Congratulation on being done with chemo! I had my last infusion on July 11, had my appt. with the radiologist on 7-14 and they did a ct scan at the same time the did the markins for the treatments. If I'm not mistaken, it is standard procedure. I hope this helps you. Let me know how everything turns out.

Patty
  • sept30jk
    sept30jk Member Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi my name is Joyce and I too, just had my blood
    work done and it was ok, now on the 13th, I will
    have my cat scan done, I too am anxious, BUT I have faith in God, that everything will be alright.
    I will be praying for good results for you and I know you will be praying for me.
    I had lymph nodes involvement also. So rest well
    my sister and God will do the rest. He kept us this far........Many Blessing to you..... I will be taking Aromasin for the next five years.
    Please keep in touch.
  • Hi babe. I began about exactly the same treatment plan you describe when I was 38 years old. Chemo, rads, tamoxifen.
    Guess what? It worked! I turned 60 this summer. You are on your way to a new 'normal' life. Keep up the good work.
  • Joycelouise
    Joycelouise Member Posts: 482
    Options
    unknown said:

Hi babe. I began about exactly the same treatment plan you describe when I was 38 years old. Chemo, rads, tamoxifen.
    Guess what? It worked! I turned 60 this summer. You are on your way to a new 'normal' life. Keep up the good work.

Zahalene, I just want you to know that every single time I read one of your good news posts, I heal a little more. I want to thank you for every one of them and let you know that they continue to lift me up - even when they are written to some one else! Love and Thanks, Joyce
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Hooray to your Dr for taking all precautions~ bless her heart! What you are being prescribed is normal, indeed! I had a lumpectomy, chemo, radiation, and will be finishing 5 years of Arimidex in January. I had an MRI before surgery and one 5 years later, just to be sure!

We all dread "the wait", believe me! Even 5 years later, I hate walking into my Drs office, knowing he is holding my lab results !!

You and your Dr seem to be doing all the right things!

and again, YIPPEE on finishing chemo!!!!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • Eil4186
    Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
    Options
    Congrats on finishing chemo---thats a big step! Yea! I can relate to feeling nervous about tests though. I just had my "2yr." MRI and was a bit nervous waiting for the doctor to call the next day(it was clear). But I will have to get used to that because she is recommending yearly MRIs because I have very dense breast tissue. But thats ok because despite the anxiety the tests will offer some security too. Congrats on your good bloodwork; it sounds like everything is going great. I am very happy for you. Hugs, Eileen