New Dx

Options
mjfromtx
mjfromtx Member Posts: 49
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi everyone! I am new here, just found this website by total accident. I have been dxed with invasive ductal carcinoma, I go back to the surgeon tomorrow for the results of the MRI and what kind of surgery I will have to get rid of the lump (or lumps) the radiologist said he saw three satallite lumps along with the main lump. There is so much to think about and decide. I am not sure about TRAM flap reconstruction, saw a plastic surgeon to explore the reconstructive options. A bit overwhelmed with all of this tonight. Very nervous about tomorrow's appointment and what he will say...I am glad I found this web site and message board. MJ

Comments

• NorcalJ
    NorcalJ Member Posts: 187
    Options
    Glad you found this site too, it's awsome! BUT, sorry that you needed to.
    First, take a big breath. Write every question down, and take someone with you to also ask questions and write the answers, we probably hear about 10% of what is said, so you can compare notes after the appointment. Remember, you don't have to decide anything right this minute, even tho it seems like it.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.
    ((((big hugs))))
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Welcome aboard~ glad you found us, sorry you needed to! There will be a lot of emotions and decisions to be made, for sure! It is an emotional rollercoaster the likes of which you have probably never imagined.

That having been said, you have also found yourself in among a group of the most amazing, insightful group of survivors you are ever likely to encounter anywhere! We are in various stages of " been there, done that" and will take your hand and see you through any and all of this journey. Trust me, before you know it, YOU will be giving the encouragment and cyber-hugs to those who follow you in here!

Keep us apprised, we will be there with you!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • Joycelouise
    Joycelouise Member Posts: 482
    Options
    Hi MJ, I am so glad you found this site. When I did, a few months into my tx it was better than a dozen roses! I have written with every sort of little question and comment. I hope you will too and let me, and us, help you. Keep it one day at a time for a while and be very loving towards yourself. You are going to get through this. Love and welcome, Joyce
  • AmyLauren79
    AmyLauren79 Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Hey mj! I too just got diagnosed (2 weeks ago). This place has really helped me to understand and cope with what's going on. If you ever need to talk you can always email me. I wish you the best of luck on your journey and know that there's alot of GREAT people out here that will support and help guide you through this ordeal! You will be in my prayers mj...
  • Eil4186
    Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
    Options
    Hi mj, as the others have said, welcome to this group and I am sorry that you had to join the club. But, with that said, this is very doable. I remember being where you are right now, and I was terrified. But hearing stories of survivors made me feel that perhaps I could make it too. Well I am now a little more than 2 years past my diagnosis date! It is a road that can be a bit rough at times, but mj, you can make it through and we will all be here to support you. Any questions, worries write and there are so many wonderful, caring people here that will write back sharing their experiences, knowledge, support and love. I didn't find this site until after I finished my treatment and boy, when I think of the hours I spent sitting alone while my husband was at work just worrying and feeling scared----this site would have been a Godsend. But I am grateful to have it now, because my friends here help me through whenever something comes up to cause me worry or fear. I love them all. You HAVE to check out the chat room. mj, you will be ok and like claudia said, before you know it you will be doing fine and helping other newly diagnosed women. Take care of yourself and please report back on your surgeon's appointment and keep us up to date. God bless, Eileen
  • terryI
    terryI Member Posts: 43
    Options
    Hi MJ,

Sorry you had to find us but glad you are here. This is the place to come to get excellent information and lots of hugs and love. We help each other every day to get through this ordeal. Remember we will be here for you.

love,
    terryi
  • ninjamom
    ninjamom Member Posts: 142
    Options
    MJ, I'm glad you found us, sorry you had to look for us. There is not much I can say that has not been said already. Just know that tomorrow when you go to the doctors, we will be there with you.
    You will be included in our prayers.

Patty
  • mjfromtx
    Options
    Hi everyone! I can't believe all the responses in such a short time! I am having a total mastectomy and possibly a modified radical based on the lymph node tests they will do during surgery. I go in on the 28th and should be back to work that following Wednesday the 3rd if everything goes well. He does not want me to do reconstructive surgery right away as he does not yet know if I will need any radiation. He says he doesn't want to do radiation over the newly constructed breast. So I'm going to wait for awhile and check out prostheses in the meantime. I am not totally surprised at the new turn things are taking based on what all of the prior radiology and pathology reports had to say about the lumps. They found four satellite lumps in addition to the main one they biopsied so I am concerned (and Dr is too) about what else might be there and I don't want to take the chance of them not getting everything out. My mom is flying here on the 26th so she can be here for the surgery. We just got all of those arrangements made so she is ready to come and help out. It's late and I have to get up and go to work so I'll sign off for now, thank you so much for all of your warm welcomes!!! My next step is to get with someone who can talk to me about prostheses,looks like I'm going to need those sooner than later! MJ
  • Skybuf
    Skybuf Member Posts: 143
    Options
    Welcome MJ....I found this site by accident too, it's a great place to come and vent and talk to others of like mind.
    I had surgery for a mass in 2005, chemo then rads...17 lymph nodes affected, they got it hon.....now things are getting back to normal...there is life after bc.....right ladies!!!!!!
    God bless you as you go thru this journey MJ
  • mjfromtx
    Options
    Skybuf said:

Welcome MJ....I found this site by accident too, it's a great place to come and vent and talk to others of like mind.
    I had surgery for a mass in 2005, chemo then rads...17 lymph nodes affected, they got it hon.....now things are getting back to normal...there is life after bc.....right ladies!!!!!!
    God bless you as you go thru this journey MJ

Thank you so much Sky! I always say that prayers are a very good thing and something anyone can do when there is nothing else to say or do. I am glad to hear you are on the upswing with your treatments! That is so encouraging for me to hear right now, I just re read my MRI report and I think I may have lymph node involvement by the way the report is worded. I won't know for sure untilthey do the sentenel node biopsy though, but they say in the report that the lymph nodes are enlarged which 'could be worrisome for metastic involvement' so I am bracing for the fact that I will need some kind of chemo. I keep hearing that one can get pretty sick from the drugs they give you. I guess I'll find out soon enough. Have a good evening:) MJ