Update on Jenna~ sorry its been a while...

Unknown
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
Hello Ladies:
Its Jesse her fiance as most of you know...Jennas treatments werent going very well at all. Her body pretty much rejected everything and we were told she was terminal a couple of weeks ago, well the other day she collapsed (shes been having problems with headaches and her legs just all of a sudden giving out and going numb) and the tests came back yesturday and she has tumors all over her brain, and its too much to even remove and for her to recover. Were going to ctca in philadelphia bc they dont aggree and believe that maybe something can be done. Shes doing horrible and is getting even more weak than before. Its jsut really scary so i ask that you all please do extra prayers and thoughts for us!!! I will keep everyone updated. If you want to send her a personal message/e-mail im going to make a book of whatever everyone decides to send! e-mail is jennarose87@yahoo.com or just the mail on here. thanks alot. I hope everyone is doing well! Im always praying for everyone.
Any ideas on how to keep strong and stuff gladly appreciated!

Comments

• mopar
    mopar Member Posts: 1,972 Member
    Dearest Jesse:
    I am so sorry to hear what Jenna, and you, are going through. We had all so hoped and prayed for much better than this for Jenna. There are probably no words that will console you and take your pain away. But please know there is still HOPE and know that I will continue to pray for wisdom from all the doctors, and strength and peace for you and Jenna.

Keeping strong really happens moment by moment. There are no magic words or tips that I can give you, as you will find what you need in the moment it is needed. We are human, and all these unfortunate, painful experiences are a part of this fleshly life. Don't expect too much from yourself, but do find strength in the numbers of us that pray, and your love for Jenna, AND her love for you. I have seen others with Jenna's circumstances pull through it and do well. All is not lost.

I will send a personal note to Jenna. Thank you for sharing it with her. I know time with Jenna is precious, so I appreciate your update and hope that we hear from you again soon, when you are able.

With much love, hugs and prayer,
    Monika

'HE HAS NOT GIVEN US A SPIRIT OF FEAR, BUT OF POWER, LOVE, AND A SOUND MIND.'
  • Eil4186
    Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
    I have been thinking and wondering about Jenna since meeting her in the chat room and praying for her. I am so sorry to hear this latest news. I will keep praying very hard that they will be able to help in philadelphia. I will definitely e-mail her with encouragement. God bless you both, Eileen
  • groundeffect
    groundeffect Member Posts: 639 Member
    Hi Jesse,

I'm very sorry to hear that Jenna is doing so poorly. Have any clinical trial-type drugs been suggested? She's so young - it seems as though she'd be a good candidate.

You should give the Gilda's Club a call, and see if they could suggest a support group you could talk with. I think you could find an outlet with people who know what you're going through.

Good luck and bless you, Sue
  • saundra
    saundra Member Posts: 1,370 Member
    Oh, Jesse, I am so sorry you are having to receive this news so young. I do know from experience that when tragedy hits (and it comes to all) sometimes after time passes we are able to see that it made us stronger, wiser, better in some way. I will write Jenna an e-mail later today for you to put in the book. I think and pray for you both often. Saundra
  • kris43
    kris43 Member Posts: 275
    Jesse - I don't think I've heard such agonizing news in a long time. It is so hard to hear that someone with such a wonderful, vibrant spirit is having to go through this horrible experience. No matter what age you are - it is still unbelievable and so unfair.

I have been thinking of you both and wondering how things have been going. My heart goes out to both of you. Keep pursuing all the avenues as long as it is what Jenna wants - her poor body has been through so much already. I am going to send out an email to my mom and aunts - she will immediately be put on a prayer chain that they are involved in.

I will send a personal email as well. My best to you both. Kris
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • heathercurry
    heathercurry Member Posts: 7
    I do not know you two, but
    I do not know you two, but as a young woman myself, I can only imagine how you feel. Keep your faith strong and know that God is always with you. I will keep all of you in my prayers. God Bless.
  • SMILES1001
    SMILES1001 Member Posts: 23
    sorry for news
    this story has touched my heart i went back and read every posted comment. I see that august 23, 2008 was the big day hope you guys at least enjoy your honeymoon!

Your in my prayers...... continue being a good husband but most importantly a good friend!
  • BonnieR
    BonnieR Member Posts: 1,526 Member

sorry for news
    this story has touched my heart i went back and read every posted comment. I see that august 23, 2008 was the big day hope you guys at least enjoy your honeymoon!

Your in my prayers...... continue being a good husband but most importantly a good friend!

Lots of Prayers
    I am so sad to read Jesse's latest update. Sending lots of prayers n hugs your way. BonnieR

PS Hope I did this right, this new version of csn kind of has me off balance with how it works.
  • JeanneA
    JeanneA Member Posts: 6
    Update on Jenna
    I am new to CSN having just registered today. I am so sorry to hear Jenna is having such a terrible journey through this trip called Cancer. As all of us who are fighting this disease can attest to, the road is not easy. Please know my prayers are with you both. God bless you and may He give you both strength to fight this battle and may you seek and receive His comfort every step of the way.
  • green50
    green50 Member Posts: 312
    Keep the faith
    I haven't been here for awhile and don't know you but just Keep the faith that she will be helped. There are a lot of new things out there. She is so young and I am sorry she has to go through this. Just be there for her and keep on praying. Sometimes we don't understand why but we will all win in the end - we will be cured or with God.
    Sandy Green
  • floridajo
    floridajo Member Posts: 480
    Jenna
    Jesse, this is heartbreaking news!!! I'm so sorry this is happenning to you both,especially since your both so young. Please know I will keep you both in prayer...((((hug))))~~~Joanne
  • paula2
    paula2 Member Posts: 162
    floridajo said:

Jenna
    Jesse, this is heartbreaking news!!! I'm so sorry this is happenning to you both,especially since your both so young. Please know I will keep you both in prayer...((((hug))))~~~Joanne

more apologies and prayers
    I just don't understand why we have to suffer this much. Sometimes I feel like I'm being punished and then I look at this news of yours, young and in prime of life, to be suffering so just doesn't seem right. Please know that there is hope to the last breath and that you are doing everything you can to fight the cancer, and know when it's okay to just let things unfold. I am praying for your comfort and peace. Both of you.