perseverating again....

Options
Eil4186
Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hello all, well in my last update I mentioned that the doc said I have a thickened uterine lining(hyperplasia) most likely caused by the tamoxifen. I see my gyn. a week from wed. for another ultrasound and the surgeon had told me that I would need a D&C/biopsy. So ofcourse I have been perseverating on this ever since because of course I am a worrier. Anyone out there have this side effect of tamoxifen or otherwise? I have read that there are different kinds of uterine hyperplasia-cancerous and non-cancerous. Just would feel better hearing from anyone who has had experience with this. Bill, I guess this one leaves you out but would still appreciate any comic relief you can add....thanks for the input, Eil

Comments

• chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    I did not take Tamoxifen, but Arimidex, so I can't comment directly on your side-effect. I just wanted to say WHHOOO--HOOOO and ask you to move right to the head of the line of your choice for knowing/using the word Perseverate!!!

Wish I knew more~ I could google it, or go to WebMD or some such, but you could too! And I know, we come in jhere to hear the real deal from our Sisters ( or brother) who has gone through whetever it is.

Sending you a cyber-hug! That's all I can contribute on this one!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • Eil4186
    Options
    chenheart said:

I did not take Tamoxifen, but Arimidex, so I can't comment directly on your side-effect. I just wanted to say WHHOOO--HOOOO and ask you to move right to the head of the line of your choice for knowing/using the word Perseverate!!!

Wish I knew more~ I could google it, or go to WebMD or some such, but you could too! And I know, we come in jhere to hear the real deal from our Sisters ( or brother) who has gone through whetever it is.

Sending you a cyber-hug! That's all I can contribute on this one!

Hugs,
    Claudia

Thanks for the whooo-hooo! It was very uplifting!!!! Luv ya, Eil
  • tlmac
    tlmac Member Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    A year after my battle with breast cancer (I was taking Arimidex), I developed a condition my gynecologist called non-homogeneous hyperplasia. She said my uterine wall was thickening irregularly and it could indicate malignancy. She suggested D&C but then changed her recommendation to total hysterectomy. She decided it unwise to put me under general anesthesia for the D&C then, depending on the results of pathology, having to put me under again for the hysterectomy. Because I was already past menopause (at 54) we decided to just do the hysterectomy. Pathology indicated the condition was benign but I was relieved that ovaries were gone - one less worry for me. Best luck with your testing.
    terri
  • Eil4186
    Options
    tlmac said:

A year after my battle with breast cancer (I was taking Arimidex), I developed a condition my gynecologist called non-homogeneous hyperplasia. She said my uterine wall was thickening irregularly and it could indicate malignancy. She suggested D&C but then changed her recommendation to total hysterectomy. She decided it unwise to put me under general anesthesia for the D&C then, depending on the results of pathology, having to put me under again for the hysterectomy. Because I was already past menopause (at 54) we decided to just do the hysterectomy. Pathology indicated the condition was benign but I was relieved that ovaries were gone - one less worry for me. Best luck with your testing.
    terri

Thank you terri for sharing your experience. I am so glad that your results were benign. One question though, couldn't they have just taken the uterus and left the ovaries? I guess I am wondering because I have read that the ovaries continue to fulfill a purpose(different than during premenopause) after we are no longer menstruating. Eil