My dearest family...

Options
KathiM
KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Well, one of the lessons cancer teaches us is that we need to live each day to it's fullest, because we never know.

My beau's mother passed away last night. She was almost 86, and doing remarkably well. She was a holocaust survivor. And lost a son to an anyurism when he was 15. She was a grand lady, and I will miss her deeply.

We leave 'on a jet plane' tomorrow for Holland, where we will stay setting things right until mid-September.

Internet is dialup, unless we can find something else. So, I will miss you all, but I don't know how much I will be online.

Hugs to all, Kathi

Comments

• Oh, Kathi...how sad. Please accept my condolences for her whole family. Although we know none of us will live forever, it is still remarkably hard to loose our elders.
    She must have been one terrific lady to have survived all she did well into her 80's. You are lucky to have had her in your life. People like that share their strength with us I do believe.
    God bless you all.
  • kbc4869
    kbc4869 Member Posts: 159
    Options
    Dear Kathi,

I am so sorry for your loss. What an incredible woman she must have been. For what it is worth, it sounds like she did not suffer. Perhaps somebody up there had decided that she exceeded the quota for hard times and deserved to go leave this world peacefully and majestically. And now you have an extra angel to watch over you!

Have a safe trip, Kathi. We will miss you, but of course we sisters are always together in spirit, right? And I've always wanted to go to Holland! LOL

Love Ya!
    Kim
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Bless you and your sweetie~ it is never easy, as you well know. Your note to us touched my heart; you may remember I was raised in Germany, and that in WW11 my amazing Dad was a Concentration Camp liberator. Holland and Chenheart have a loving relationship~ I adore that country!!

I wish of course, that you and Hans were going on that jet plane for a happier reason; but I am also glad that you have the time, resources and love to take you there. Be safe...we'll miss you.

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • Eil4186
    Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
    Options
    Kathi, so sorry to hear off your boyfriend's Mom. It sounds like she was a very special lady. Take care and we will miss you till your return. Hugs, Eil
  • cabbott
    cabbott Member Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    (((((hugs)))))

C. Abbott
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    Dear Kathi: My condolences to you and your beau's family for your loss. Although we are not here on this earth forever, it's still hard to lose someone close no matter what the age. Have a safe trip and hopefully you will find an internet cafe with digital internet and not dial up to keep us posted. Hugs to you, Lili
  • kit45
    kit45 Member Posts: 89
    Options
    My condolences to you and your family. Safe trip. Kit
    24242 Member Posts: 1,398
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss Kathy,
    I myself have been waiting by a phone to hear how my dear old Dad is making out after surgery and now his lungs are giving out and his heart. He doesn't want any life saving measures so it is now a matter of keeping him comfortable. My father is 78 and I have had many good visits with him in the last 10 years and am doing what he would want and that is to finish the job I am doing before making my home again. It isn't easy being so far away and I am sure you will be glad to touch down in Holland and be there for the family. That train of life keeps rolling along my friend and this is just apart of that flow to life. Not easy to accept at times like these but I know in my heart what he wants and that truly is all that matters.
    Safe journey and my thoughts are with you,
    Tara
  • mgm42
    mgm42 Member Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    My heartfelt condolences to you and her family. I just lost my father and I know that your beau will need a lot of loving support to get through the next several months. Hugs, Marilynn
  • chenheart
    Options
    mgm42 said:

My heartfelt condolences to you and her family. I just lost my father and I know that your beau will need a lot of loving support to get through the next several months. Hugs, Marilynn

A special ((((((((HUG)))))))) to you on the loss of your Dad, Marilynn.

Claudia
  • chenheart
    Options
    24242 said:

I am so sorry for your loss Kathy,
    I myself have been waiting by a phone to hear how my dear old Dad is making out after surgery and now his lungs are giving out and his heart. He doesn't want any life saving measures so it is now a matter of keeping him comfortable. My father is 78 and I have had many good visits with him in the last 10 years and am doing what he would want and that is to finish the job I am doing before making my home again. It isn't easy being so far away and I am sure you will be glad to touch down in Holland and be there for the family. That train of life keeps rolling along my friend and this is just apart of that flow to life. Not easy to accept at times like these but I know in my heart what he wants and that truly is all that matters.
    Safe journey and my thoughts are with you,
    Tara

Loving hugs to you too Tara,for the emotional toll your dear Dad is taking on your heart. Sigh~ none of it is easy to be sure~ all we can hope for is that our family knows how much we love and appreciate them; it is an immeasurable gift.

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • ninjamom
    ninjamom Member Posts: 142
    Options
    My condolences to you and your beau's family.

Patty