Bad couple of days

Options
Bill.S
Bill.S Member Posts: 177
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Had TCH chemo monday, worked Tuesday,off Wed. slept a lot, Thurs only worked 5 hours and went home early- tired/exhausted. Took long nap and slept from 10pm-6am. Going to try the work thing again today 9-6. Sorry no jokes today. Luv to yall
Bill S

Comments

• cabbott
    cabbott Member Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    ((((((HUGS)))))Just thinking of you. I slept on the floor of my office during all breaks and lunch time when I started back. I should have brought a mat or something because the carpet wasn't all that great, but the nap was worth it. Take care!
    C. Abbott
  • seof
    seof Member Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Don't try to be "macho-man". Chemo slows most people down a lot. Pay attention to your body and you may find there is a pattern to your tiredness. You may be more tired the first 2 days, but strong enough to work the last 3, or the other way around. In her 6 years as a survivor, my sister found that each new treatment had a different effect. Some she felt worse the day of treatment, some the second day, some the second week, etc, but she could usually figure out a schedule that worked with the chemo so that she found a balance. I was very fortunate that the chemo did not effect me enough to keep me from working full-time.

I wish you good health. seof
  • kit45
    kit45 Member Posts: 89
    Options
    I found I slept for 3 days straight following my chemo. Once you see a pattern, it will help. Thinking of you. Rest. Kit
  • Sorry Bill. These set backs do happen. Some days better than others. You will be on top of your game again soon. Hugs.
  • Jadie
    Jadie Member Posts: 723
    Options
    (((((((Bill))))))))

You are lucky that you can work at all after chemo. I had to take the week of treatment off.(I had a good boss) Get all the rest you can and take care of yourself.
  • ninjamom
    ninjamom Member Posts: 142
    Options
    I really admire you for working thru chemo. I wasn't able to work at all, was off of work for 4 months. I found myself very tired after chemo and it took sometime almost 2 weeks to get me backto almost normal. Listen to your body and slow down. Good luck and hung in there
    Patty
  • sylva
    sylva Member Posts: 80
    Options
    For what I felt during the chemo treatments (the last one on June 25) I learned not to fight the symptoms. And being tired and taking a long nap was something I had to use a lot. I really admire you, going to work thru the treatments.
    You will be joking and laughing again soon Spring Chicken!!
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    You need to treat your body like a comfortable, rather fragile old friend. Nap when you are tired. Eat when you are hungry. Chemo is doing it's best to tire those cells out, some are the 'good guys', too...you need to do the best to support them!

Please keep hydrated...I drank 4 quarts of water a day on the day before, day of, and day after infusion....2 years later, I still have no lasting side effects.

Hugs, Kathi
  • Eil4186
    Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
    Options
    KathiM said:

You need to treat your body like a comfortable, rather fragile old friend. Nap when you are tired. Eat when you are hungry. Chemo is doing it's best to tire those cells out, some are the 'good guys', too...you need to do the best to support them!

Please keep hydrated...I drank 4 quarts of water a day on the day before, day of, and day after infusion....2 years later, I still have no lasting side effects.

Hugs, Kathi

Hang in there Bill, its rough but you will get there. Hugs, Eil
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    What??? I only come to this Club for the Stand-Up comedy! Ok, some days it may be Throw-Up comedy,but still...

Truly, it is our turn to surround you with the cyber-hugs you so generously give to all of us when we need them.

Do pay attention to your body, please. The Beast is not a friendly playmate, and the chemo is kicking it's ****. Take the time you need to recuperate~ it's really important.
    As much as we are upbuilt and encouraged by all of the jokes and camaraderie you share with us, we can certainly wait until you feel better.

Hang tough, good friend!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    Sending you lots of hugs Bill. I hope you feel better soon. Love ya, Lili