incredible shrinking cyst.....

Options
Eil4186
Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi everyone, well I saw the surgeon today and he did an exam and ultrasound and was surprised to discover that my cyst has gone from almost 10 cms down to 3cm in just a couple of days!!!!!! May not have to remove it---they will just watch it. Docs feel it was NOT the estring that raised the estrogen but perhaps that particular ovary went into overproduction temporarily. Who knows? Now, I do have some hyperplasia in my uterine lining that they are concerned about---boy it never ends, does it? So they are going to scrape that and biopsy it in the next week or so. Apparently this is a posible side effect of tamoxifen. But anyway, I am very relieved and feel as though a big giant piano has been lifted off my shoulders. Just a day in the life of.....thanks again for all your kind thoughts guys! Love Eil

Comments

• mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    Dear Eileen: What great news. You have no idea how concerned I've been since it seems we are going through the same protocol. I am so glad for you and happy the worry is over. Go out and celebrate. Love ya, Lili
  • Joycelouise
    Joycelouise Member Posts: 482
    Options
    I share your happiness! love, Joyce
  • cabbott
    cabbott Member Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Yep, the hyperplasia could be a side effect, but so could the cysts, though one of the rarer ones from what I read. My cysts were never over 5.5 cm on tamoxifen, but the doctors were were still concerned and monitored me closely. They turned out to just be stubborn egg follicles that didn't resolve in the usual monthly pattern. Sometimes you get lucky. I'm glad your doctors are watching you too, though I know it is no fun to have all those tests. I hope you did not have too much discomfort when your cyst shrank and even more I hope you don't have any more of them!

C. Abbott
  • Eil4186
    Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
    Options
    cabbott said:

Yep, the hyperplasia could be a side effect, but so could the cysts, though one of the rarer ones from what I read. My cysts were never over 5.5 cm on tamoxifen, but the doctors were were still concerned and monitored me closely. They turned out to just be stubborn egg follicles that didn't resolve in the usual monthly pattern. Sometimes you get lucky. I'm glad your doctors are watching you too, though I know it is no fun to have all those tests. I hope you did not have too much discomfort when your cyst shrank and even more I hope you don't have any more of them!

C. Abbott

Thanks you guys. I am so exhausted and a bit depressed from 2 weeks of constant fear and worry, I feel like I've been through the wringer. I understand the exhaustion but not sure why I am depressed. My husband says I should be super happy. Maybe it is while you are scared you focus on not losing life and when the crisis is over, life doesn't quite measure up.....maybe I am disturbed, I don't know, but I feel very down. Is this what survivorship is------scares and fear and feeling beat up by it all? Sorry to be a downer.