Latest update....

Options
Eil4186
Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi everyone, Well the doc called today with tumor marker result. It is in normal range(17.6). I immediately started crying with relief. I think the stress and worry of the last 2 weeks has really taken a toll. Anyway, I asked if this means that there is no way that there could be any ovarian cancer. He said that the marker test is not totally reliable can give false positive/negative results and the only way to be 100% sure is after it is removed and biopsied. So I see the surgeon tomorrow and go from there. But, I do feel so much better. I have lost a whole clothing size from not eating and sleeping over this. I'm sure you all can relate to having scares like this. But I guess its just part of survivorship. Thank you all for your love and support, it means so much to have you guys to talk with. Having you in my corner is so huge. Hugs, Eil

Comments

• mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    Eileen, I think we all know how hard this has been for you. You've been in my prayers and am hoping the surgeon agrees with cyst only. I'm so glad your makers came back so low. It's a good indication that maybe it isn't ovarian or uterine cancer. Keep the faith Eileen, we are all rooting for you. Hugs and much love, Lili
  • Jadie
    Jadie Member Posts: 723
    Options
    (((((((Eil))))))))

Lots of big cyber hugs for you. I hate that you have to go through this. Seems like it is a part of our cancer journey to get a scare once and a while. As if we haven't been through enough already. It's time for my mamogram and I'm even scared to make the appointment.

Sounds like things will be ok. Take care
  • cabbott
    cabbott Member Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    That's terrific news! I had trouble with stubborn cysts and they finally convinced me to just get the surgery over with. Except for the hot flashes and some time off from work (I opted for a total hysterectomy), the operation wasn't nearly the problem I thought it would be. In fact, I lost the migranes when I lost my ovaries. I have had maybe one headache in the last 4 years and it used to be a once a month regular pain. They really can't tell for sure what is going on until they examine things under the microscope, but I would make the date for surgery and go celebrate right away! Enjoy dinner tonight!

C. Abbott
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Oh sweetheart! I can truly imagine how you broke into tears at the news of GREAT tumor markers! And bless his heart, you Dr seems so caring, and willing to do whatever it takes to have you be and stay healthy!

They won't let us be in the room with you when you have surgery to remove the CYST~ but we will be waiting for you in the hallway, ok??

Hugs,
    Claudia
    PS...I agree, go out for dinner; you were already perfectly gorgeous, and you can put that dress-size back on again if you eat a bit now and then! XOXOXOX
  • tan39
    tan39 Member Posts: 49
    Options
    this is fantastic news for you, what a relief. Good luck with the biopsy i am sending you another huge hug across the sea from down under. xx
  • Joycelouise
    Joycelouise Member Posts: 482
    Options
    Way to go! Now, make sure to be at least as celebratory as you were worried. Stay up late and smile and laugh instead. Enjoy your meals. That means lots of happiness! For us all, love Joyce
  • Eil4186
    Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
    Options

Way to go! Now, make sure to be at least as celebratory as you were worried. Stay up late and smile and laugh instead. Enjoy your meals. That means lots of happiness! For us all, love Joyce

Thank you all so much for your support. It means more than you know. Eil
  • bigjoe
    bigjoe Member Posts: 1
    Options
    im CHERYL eil
    so happy for u lotta prayers for u kep the faith