ovarian cancer undifferentiated

Lauracec
Lauracec Member Posts: 101
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
this is what I have. the doctor said it might be harder to treat. I am going for my third carbo/taxol treatment monday. just wondering if anyone else had this or knew about it. Laura

Comments

• JoanC
    JoanC Member Posts: 231
    cancer undifferentiated
    Laura,
    That's what my report showed also but I never ask what it meant also said "clear cell" and "aggressive"....scared me so I put the report away and decided to think good thoughts instead. I guess I am in denial. I think reality stinks sometimes.
    ((HUGS)) Joan
  • Lauracec
    Lauracec Member Posts: 101
    JoanC said:

cancer undifferentiated
    Laura,
    That's what my report showed also but I never ask what it meant also said "clear cell" and "aggressive"....scared me so I put the report away and decided to think good thoughts instead. I guess I am in denial. I think reality stinks sometimes.
    ((HUGS)) Joan

wow
    Hi Joan, your cancer said undifferentiated with clear cell qualitys? I just recently read my surgical report and pathology reports. kinda scary stuff but what do you do. I try to eat healthy, excercise and smile more than I frown and of course have a whole lot of conversation with God. no one realy knows how this or any type of cancer will do with our individual bodies everyone is different. and I agree sometimes that reality can stink but reality is also awesome. we are still here and could be for quite some time. I am planning on watching my 14 year old graduate high school and I think I will even try to watch my 1 year old grandaughter graduate. God Bless and the teal hugs, Laura
  • newhopechurchli
    newhopechurchli Member Posts: 126
    Lauracec said:

wow
    Hi Joan, your cancer said undifferentiated with clear cell qualitys? I just recently read my surgical report and pathology reports. kinda scary stuff but what do you do. I try to eat healthy, excercise and smile more than I frown and of course have a whole lot of conversation with God. no one realy knows how this or any type of cancer will do with our individual bodies everyone is different. and I agree sometimes that reality can stink but reality is also awesome. we are still here and could be for quite some time. I am planning on watching my 14 year old graduate high school and I think I will even try to watch my 1 year old grandaughter graduate. God Bless and the teal hugs, Laura

Undifferentiated
    My cancer is undifferentiated also....which means it is supposedly the most aggressive kind...... But I am feeling great and have been in remission for one year now. Everyone's body is different and some react to treatment when others don't....so don't be scared or discouraged...maybe you will be the one who will respond well to treatment. :)
  • Dreamdove
    Dreamdove Member Posts: 175 Member
    Lauracec said:

wow

Don't lose hope
    Laura, I don't know what that type of cancer means, never heard of it but it's good that you have things to keep you going and don't lose hope. Some people have less aggressive cancers and it does them in. I am also planning to see my 14 year old graduate. She was 12 when I went thru cancer and I'm still here! It was scary thinking who would take care of her but I think that is why I got thru it--because I needed to. Take care.
  • BonnieR
    BonnieR Member Posts: 1,526 Member
    Dreamdove said:

Don't lose hope
    Laura, I don't know what that type of cancer means, never heard of it but it's good that you have things to keep you going and don't lose hope. Some people have less aggressive cancers and it does them in. I am also planning to see my 14 year old graduate. She was 12 when I went thru cancer and I'm still here! It was scary thinking who would take care of her but I think that is why I got thru it--because I needed to. Take care.

Grading Cancer
    Hi again Laura, Hope the following helps. Unfortunately most women with ovarian cancer by the time they are diagnosed are either poorly differeniated or Undifferentiated. But remember there are women at Stage 4 that have outlived women at stage2. Don't know why but it happens.

Anyway here is each grade, thought it might help. :-D

The most commonly used system of grading is as per the guidelines of the American Joint Commission on Cancer ~ As per their standards, the following are the grading categories.

GX Grade cannot be assessed
    G1 Well differentiated (Low grade)
    G2 Moderately differentiated (Intermediate grade)
    G3 Poorly differentiated (High grade)
    G4 Undifferentiated (High grade)
    Grading systems are also different for each type of cancer

Now the next is from ACS website

Grade 1: Well differentiated – looks similar to normal ovarian tissue.

Grade 2: Not as well differentiated – looks less like ovarian tissue.

Grade 3: Poorly differentiated – does not look like ovarian tissue.

YOU can read about each type of ovarian if you follow this link

http://www.cancer.org/docroot/CRI/content/CRI_2_4_1X_What_is_ovarian_cancer_33.asp

Prayers N Hugs Bonnie
  • Dreamdove
    Dreamdove Member Posts: 175 Member
    BonnieR said:

Grading Cancer
    Hi again Laura, Hope the following helps. Unfortunately most women with ovarian cancer by the time they are diagnosed are either poorly differeniated or Undifferentiated. But remember there are women at Stage 4 that have outlived women at stage2. Don't know why but it happens.

Anyway here is each grade, thought it might help. :-D

The most commonly used system of grading is as per the guidelines of the American Joint Commission on Cancer ~ As per their standards, the following are the grading categories.

GX Grade cannot be assessed
    G1 Well differentiated (Low grade)
    G2 Moderately differentiated (Intermediate grade)
    G3 Poorly differentiated (High grade)
    G4 Undifferentiated (High grade)
    Grading systems are also different for each type of cancer

Now the next is from ACS website

Grade 1: Well differentiated – looks similar to normal ovarian tissue.

Grade 2: Not as well differentiated – looks less like ovarian tissue.

Grade 3: Poorly differentiated – does not look like ovarian tissue.

YOU can read about each type of ovarian if you follow this link

http://www.cancer.org/docroot/CRI/content/CRI_2_4_1X_What_is_ovarian_cancer_33.asp

Prayers N Hugs Bonnie

Never knew about that
    This is the first I've heard of differentiated, undifferentiated, etc. I guess it depends what doctor you go to. I was told I was stage 3c. Maybe some doctors don't feel it's necessary to give more info than that. To this day (been over 2 years now) I don't know the size of my tumors or how many I had, though I know I had at least 3. I also don't know how much fluid was in my abdominal cavity. When I read on here, it seems so many women know all the details. But the main thing is that I am still here. I had a very good doctor but maybe he was just not into the details, or at least didn't feel I needed all the details. At that time, I didn't know anything about ovarian cancer because I was just diagnosed the day before the surgery, and being admitted into the hospital at that time (I had gone to the ER with symptoms)I had no access to information. Another thing was that I never thought of asking for my records. However, alot of women on this site have recurring cancer so they are more up on the medical terminology, etc. If my cancer came back, I would probably ask for more of the details that didn't concern me the first time around. And it's not like I didn't read books or go online. But I have actually learned more on this site than anywhere else! Thank you.
  • green50
    green50 Member Posts: 312
    Dreamdove said:

Never knew about that
    This is the first I've heard of differentiated, undifferentiated, etc. I guess it depends what doctor you go to. I was told I was stage 3c. Maybe some doctors don't feel it's necessary to give more info than that. To this day (been over 2 years now) I don't know the size of my tumors or how many I had, though I know I had at least 3. I also don't know how much fluid was in my abdominal cavity. When I read on here, it seems so many women know all the details. But the main thing is that I am still here. I had a very good doctor but maybe he was just not into the details, or at least didn't feel I needed all the details. At that time, I didn't know anything about ovarian cancer because I was just diagnosed the day before the surgery, and being admitted into the hospital at that time (I had gone to the ER with symptoms)I had no access to information. Another thing was that I never thought of asking for my records. However, alot of women on this site have recurring cancer so they are more up on the medical terminology, etc. If my cancer came back, I would probably ask for more of the details that didn't concern me the first time around. And it's not like I didn't read books or go online. But I have actually learned more on this site than anywhere else! Thank you.

I am with you
    I have had cancer 7 known years and I am still learning too Dreamdove.
    I learn more and get more confidence as I hear from these wonderful ladies. Thanks for being here everyone.
    Prayers and Hugs
    Sandy
  • LPack
    LPack Member Posts: 645
    Don't remember!!
    I remember my doctor told me what mine was and I don't remember (part of chemo brain)!! But I do remember that frozen my grade of cancer was a 2 and not frozen it was 3 (whatever that means)!

Lots to know and learn isn't there??

Libby ☺
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator