special treat

Options
Joycelouise
Joycelouise Member Posts: 482
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I had such a great time today getting my herceptin infusion. Our very own NinjaMom came to see me! Ladies, if you ever wonder if the people on this site would be as wonderful in person, the answer is even more so. After meeting here, Ninja (Patty) and I were able to talk like old friends. It was an incredible gift to have that bond. Patty is a happy person who is also a real cutie. After having a good hour's talk I was so lifted that it spilled over onto the guy next to me and then we had a good talk. We all hear a lot about positive thinking. But positive thinking does not need to be limited to our attitude about our BC. It can be our attitude towards life. Thanks to the positive experience of meeting Patty, I can say...I HAD A GREAT TIME AT CHEMO TODAY! I wish you all positive experiences. Don't forget to look for them. Thanks, Patty. Love, Joyce

Comments

• RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful post, I am so happy your day went so well. Patty sure sounds special! Many blessings to you!

RE
  • base61ball
    base61ball Member Posts: 125
    Options
    RE said:

What a wonderful post, I am so happy your day went so well. Patty sure sounds special! Many blessings to you!

RE

It is so good to hear that kind of news. You not only got uplifted for yourself but were able to help someone else be uplifted. Many hugs to you!
  • seof
    seof Member Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I appreciate your post, I know what you mean.

I love talking to those who feel up to talking in the chemo lab. It is truly amazing to see the strong spirits of the men and women who come there. Some have been regulars for years, and yet they persist and don't give up. I hope to be half as encouraging to others as they are to me.

Thanks, seof
  • ninjamom
    ninjamom Member Posts: 142
    Options
    Joyce, your too kind. I HAD A GREAT TIME TOO!!!! By the way, my girls called me last night to find out how our meeting went. It was so wonderful spending time with you and the ladies next to you (what was her name? I never did ask as we were so busy talking like old friends) I will send you a message later today as I have to get ready to go to work!! Yes ladies and Bill I go back to work today!!!!
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    Ah! Now you understand the reason for 'colonpaloozas' with the semi-colons from the CRC board...sharing, and putting faces to names, makes a bright spot in the awful disease.

I met my 'daughter', COUG90, face to face in D.C. ...and we have visited each other's home since then...it's GREAT!

I am so glad you could meet!

Hugs, Kathi

PS: And, yeah, I see beautiful things every day...right now, it's morning, and I am looking out into my backyard seeing a hanging basket full of baby red roses and violet geraniums (lol...lost the name of that flower for a sec...chemo brain is alive and well...ROFL)
  • It is times like these that ALMOST make cancer worth it, don't you think? Especially when we realize that we would have probably never knew or met these very special people had we not had this disease.
    I guess every cloud does have a silver lining, and mine is lined with the love of you guys.
    God bless you all.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Special Treat, indeed! How wonderful for the two of you! I have an idea that this is only the beginning of a beautiful relationship :-)

The cancer center I went to is a very private place...each person is alone in a small room, although there are chairs for 2 friends or family members. There is also a TV and of course a soft cuddly blanket to wrap up in! My niece and I used to spend the time doing Ad-Libs; its a wonder I didn't wet my pants during chemo, we laughed so hard! So, I never met anyone else having chemo on the days I was.

I am really glad that your chemo-center is set up to allow comaraderie among fellow warriors! Good attitudes and fellow feelings go a long way, don't they? I remember what a teacher wrote on the window of her 1st grade class: We all smile in the same language.

Well, joyce and ninja, you have made all of us smile~ you did feel all of us in the room with you, didn't you? We were there...

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • Joycelouise
    Joycelouise Member Posts: 482
    Options
    chenheart said:

Special Treat, indeed! How wonderful for the two of you! I have an idea that this is only the beginning of a beautiful relationship :-)

The cancer center I went to is a very private place...each person is alone in a small room, although there are chairs for 2 friends or family members. There is also a TV and of course a soft cuddly blanket to wrap up in! My niece and I used to spend the time doing Ad-Libs; its a wonder I didn't wet my pants during chemo, we laughed so hard! So, I never met anyone else having chemo on the days I was.

I am really glad that your chemo-center is set up to allow comaraderie among fellow warriors! Good attitudes and fellow feelings go a long way, don't they? I remember what a teacher wrote on the window of her 1st grade class: We all smile in the same language.

Well, joyce and ninja, you have made all of us smile~ you did feel all of us in the room with you, didn't you? We were there...

Hugs,
    Claudia

YES, You were all in the room. Not just yesterday, but everyday. We just aren't alone. Hey, move over, Chen, you are hogging the couch while I type! love ya! Joyce