Question about recurrance

betina61
betina61 Member Posts: 642 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Is it more likely to have a recurrance in lungs and liver that in the colon? I would like to know of any of you having a recurrance in the colon. I have a colonoscopy coming in 3 weeks and I don't know why I'm more worry about the colon than any other area,maybe because I have had some rectal bleeding but that hapened to me before even one week before may last colonoscopy a year ago,and everything was fine.Doctor told me that the bleeding was fom hemorroids, that I know I have At that time I promised myself not to worry if it would happen again , but here I am feeling worry ,this feeling comes and goes.This is not easy,as you all know, and lately the news have not been good about some of our friend here in this site,so if you have an opinion about what is more likely to have a recurrance on the colon again or in other organs let me know.Oh by the way It's have been 2 years from surgery for colon stage 3a.

Comments

• sladich
    sladich Member Posts: 429 Member
    All three of my recurrences have happened in the liver and lungs.

Debbie
  • Faith4Cure
    Faith4Cure Member Posts: 405 Member
    Hello---Most of the recurrences that I have heard of are usually liver and lung. My husband had rectal stage 3b. We understand all of that worry before a check up as I'm sure everyone else here does too. I always get myself worked up again and again before each check up. My husband also had rectal bleeding before his last colonoscopy---it turned out to be nothing. It is so hard not to worry, especially when some of the news we get here is not always good, but stay positive and you will be celebrating after you get your good news! Congratulations on your 2 year mark and I pray that you will have many more clean check ups!

Faith
  • jerseysue
    jerseysue Member Posts: 624 Member
    My recurrance was in the stomach. I also heard the liver was a hot spot. I've had a few colonoscopies since my dx and they have all come up clear.
  • pamness
    pamness Member Posts: 524 Member
    I have yet to hear about recurrence in the colon. I usually hear about liver and lungs. I know it's possible but I'll bet you will be just fine.

All the best,

Pam
  • hopefulone
    hopefulone Member Posts: 1,043 Member
    Congrats on the 2 years! I know the waiting is difficult and its so hard not to worry. Sending positive thoughts your way and looking forward to seeing your all clear post in 3 weeks! God Bless
    Diane
  • KFalvey
    KFalvey Member Posts: 118 Member
    I've had 2 recurrances so far and neither was inside the colon. The first was to the left ovary and another tumor between the rectum and uterus. The second was in both lungs and on the outside of the sigmoid colon, so he removed it and part of the rectum. My surgeon told me during my colonoscopy, they rarely have recurrances in the colon. I had all of them removed surgically last year and so far so good. No chemo and low cea test. I haven't had it in the liver yet.
    It's hard trying not to worry when facing these test. Why don't you have him fix the hemorroids while they are in there? That would make that worry go away. You are doing great if you've gone 2 years without a recurrance; They say it usually happens within 2 years if it is going to happen. You'll be celebrating in 3 weeks after your colonoscopy!!!
    Kandy
  • TY2HC
    TY2HC Member Posts: 46
    I wish you well on your next colonoscopy. I am just about 5 years out and the concern is always there. I think it is natural to have concerns that we might have a recurrance. Anyway, I am sending you well wishes.

I haven't heard any of the information that people are saying about recurrances. Would someone let me know where they are getting the information. Kandy, how did they find the recurrance on the outside of your colon? I asked my GI Doctor recently if it was possible to have it on the outside of the colon and he said "no". This is more evidence that the true professionals are the people that post here.

Chris

Chris